It Bites
March 23, 2024, 5:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,184
Gold Stars: 265
From marinating the beef for tea

Gave them 2 goals , they scored a great goal . We had a lot of possession but their defence were solid . Great finish from Arthur .
This result won’t define our run in.
Private Message
IlkleyMariner
March 23, 2024, 5:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Still 8 games left.
To play..
None of top four
Few top half
Mostly mid table plus Colchester

Should be ok
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 169
1mickylyons
March 23, 2024, 5:34pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Crikey that was yet another God awful game of so called football.Credit to Wrexham best team by a mile with quality we could only dream of. Fair play to our subs though especially Wood and Andrews they managed to pass the ball.Doug my MOTM with Clifton a close second but we need major surgery throughout and Cartwright needs resting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 169
Hagrid
March 23, 2024, 5:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,413
Gold Stars: 534
They were average and we made it easy for them.

Poor all over the pitch, Keeper at fault for 2 of the goals.

Noone had a good game imo. Subs did well but should have been made at Half Time- thats on the manager ( are we allowed to criticise him yet Pontoonlew?)

A game i didnt expect anything from but we showed nothing. Missed Danny Rose badly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 169
MaccasBoots
March 23, 2024, 5:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +683
Gold Stars: 23
Not worried about the result. Our recent form has given us a decent cushion and Wrexham have a League One squad.

All that said, I come away from this game once again incredibly disappointed with some of our home support. I understand it's not easy to get the noise going when we go a goal down early on, but there's no excuse for streaming out at 75 minutes. Where are you all going? To sit on the couch and watch the telly? I have a train to catch at 1724 and I manage to catch that despite leaving at full time. It's embarrassing frankly, and I can't help but wonder how it makes the players feel.

Think the owners need to have a real think about what we can do to improve the home atmosphere over the summer. Because it's pretty dire at the moment - in stark contrast to the stellar away support.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 169
DB
March 23, 2024, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
The result may have been expected, but the manner in which we played that was so bad.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 169
MuddyWaters
March 23, 2024, 5:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,250
Gold Stars: 235
Our midfield were woeful today, let’s not beat about the bush. Poor in possession, not great without the ball either.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 169
1mickylyons
March 23, 2024, 5:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from MaccasBoots
Not worried about the result. Our recent form has given us a decent cushion and Wrexham have a League One squad.

All that said, I come away from this game once again incredibly disappointed with some of our home support. I understand it's not easy to get the noise going when we go a goal down early on, but there's no excuse for streaming out at 75 minutes. Where are you all going? To sit on the couch and watch the telly? I have a train to catch at 1724 and I manage to catch that despite leaving at full time. It's embarrassing frankly, and I can't help but wonder how it makes the players feel.

Think the owners need to have a real think about what we can do to improve the home atmosphere over the summer. Because it's pretty dire at the moment - in stark contrast to the stellar away support.

No offence you're entitled to an opinion like the rest of us.Oddly enough I left on exactly 75 mins got to the car did a u turn and got home for the final whistle hence why I left. The players feelings if hurt should come and speak with me about my very limited expectations. The lack of ability to do basics like pass or control a football or deliver a set piece are continually boiling my urine.I  have  to say on top of that there looked to be a worrying lack of effort from 3-4 of our more experienced players and that's not the first time this Season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 169
MaccasBoots
March 23, 2024, 5:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +683
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from 1mickylyons

No offence you're entitled to an opinion like the rest of us.Oddly enough I left on exactly 75 mins got to the car did a u turn and got home for the final whistle hence why I left. The players feelings if hurt should come and speak with me about my very limited expectations. The lack of ability to do basics like pass or control a football or deliver a set piece are continually boiling my urine.I  have  to say on top of that there looked to be a worrying lack of effort from 3-4 of our more experienced players and that's not the first time this Season.

Fair enough, you're also entitled to your opinion. I personally just don't understand why you'd bother going if you're just going to leave early. Seems like a waste of your money and time.

And if you're interested in the players performing better than I doubt that denting their confidence by streaming out early will do much to help that. But as I say, just my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 169
Tommy
March 23, 2024, 5:53pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Just haven't got enough footballers have we.
We had more of the ball than we've had in recent games but looked pretty clueless with it and players could execute simple passes.

Just have to chalk today off as being beaten by a team of far greater financial backing and therefore better quality players all round than us. Hard to go up against them man-for-man with the same system when they had better players than us all over the pitch. In hindsight it might have been worth trying to change the system and give them a problem by creating an advantage somewhere.

We're going to struggle in midfield with that three together. Holohan and Green are grafters but aren't good technically. Thompson looks after the ball but his lack of mobility means he needs others around him who can also play and deal with the ball. Andrews coming on is so slow to do anything, and Cliftons first touch has been very poor this season (one today 2nd half shanked up 8ft in the air above his head).

Wood and Gnahoua can actually play. Gnahoua is good technically and I actually see some potential in Wood, he's got a decent touch, is quite mobile and forward-thinking. I get why they've been out the team while we've just focused on being hard to beat and grafted our way to some points, but it's not sustainable to keep trying to nick 1-0 wins with little possession.

Obvious statement but Rose would've made a difference today. Our front two didn't have much great service but I thought a big part of that was that they were both static until the ball was played up to them, and often caught on their heels when people tried to play balls into their feet. Pyke is still not a centre-forward either. The only times he's looked a player is playing off the right in a front 3.

The back 3 did alright today in general and whilst Cartwright wasn't poor, the first goal was an error on his part, he should have kept that out for sure.

Anyway, we move on, not a shock result today, but maybe a performance that reiterates were we need to improve in the summer.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 169
17 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.