Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back

This thread currently has 14,812 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
March 23, 2024, 6:08pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,210
Gold Stars: 102
I predicted 3:1 before the game but even then was rather disappointed with how. The first looked to be a horrible bounce just in front of Cartwright, I’d want to see it again to be sure. They had 5 or 6 players who are at least a league above this standard and it shows. The only thing holding them back is an utterly excrement manager and again that showed. Obikwu should have scored a second on about 87 mins which might have made things interesting but we were second best most of the game. Here’s a prediction for you, by this time a week on Saturday we’ll be all but safe on 44 or 45 points.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 169
Mappers
March 23, 2024, 6:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,330
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
I predicted 3:1 before the game but even then was rather disappointed with how. The first looked to be a horrible bounce just in front of Cartwright, I’d want to see it again to be sure. They had 5 or 6 players who are at least a league above this standard and it shows. The only thing holding them back is an utterly excrement manager and again that showed. Obikwu should have scored a second on about 87 mins which might have made things interesting but we were second best most of the game. Here’s a prediction for you, by this time a week on Saturday we’ll be all but safe on 44 or 45 points.

I think that's slightly harsh on Parkinson

I don't think he's a great manager by any means but so many fail to get teams over the line / achieve what their clubs expectations are , even with big resources so I think if he gets them to league one it will be a 'good go ' even if that's as far as he can take them ; he should be given a year or two to try and move them forward there aswell imo . It would be a different level though when they won't be the big hitters up there .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 169
TAGG
March 23, 2024, 6:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,959
Gold Stars: 126
Beaten by the better team.
We had a go but not good enough on the day.
On to the next game UTM

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 169
quebec38
March 23, 2024, 6:34pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,585
Gold Stars: 48
They were the better side, but they ought to be. Quality players throughout on a budget that’s likely never been beaten at this level. They win games by fielding the better side, which may sound obvious, but it doesn’t say a lot for Parkinson if that’s the kind of performance they are turning in each week.

We had nothing up top today and couldn’t really do much on the ball in midfield, although Wood and Ghanouha did improve that in the second half.

Not gonna lose any sleep over the result since FGR failed to shorten the gap. Sights set firmly on a big Easter weekend now. UTM.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 169
Maringer
March 23, 2024, 6:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,542
Gold Stars: 185
Good post-match interview from Artell today. They had better players which made it a difficult game, but we let ourselves down to make it too easy for them.

Let's move on to next game (and hope Rose is back fit by then).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 169
arryarryarry
March 23, 2024, 6:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MaccasBoots
Not worried about the result. Our recent form has given us a decent cushion and Wrexham have a League One squad.

All that said, I come away from this game once again incredibly disappointed with some of our home support. I understand it's not easy to get the noise going when we go a goal down early on, but there's no excuse for streaming out at 75 minutes. Where are you all going? To sit on the couch and watch the telly? I have a train to catch at 1724 and I manage to catch that despite leaving at full time. It's embarrassing frankly, and I can't help but wonder how it makes the players feel.

Think the owners need to have a real think about what we can do to improve the home atmosphere over the summer. Because it's pretty dire at the moment - in stark contrast to the stellar away support.

FFS, we get comments like this all the time, what is it that you don't understand, it doesn't matter who we are playing, if we are playing crap and getting stuffed, the fans aren't going to be jumping up and down clapping their hands.

We are no different to any other football club.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 169
1mickylyons
March 23, 2024, 6:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
As others have stated won't define our Season we all loathe Mullin but at this level he's pure quality .Great feet for the 2nd goal when someone should have left him in a heap and took a yellow on the halfway line. Work to do but 6 more points we will be safe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 169
MaccasBoots
March 23, 2024, 6:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +684
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from arryarryarry

FFS, we get comments like this all the time, what is it that you don't understand, it doesn't matter who we are playing, if we are playing crap and getting stuffed, the fans aren't going to be jumping up and down clapping their hands.

We are no different to any other football clubs.

Not sure if you read my post. My focus was not on "fans jumping up and down clapping their hands", but on fans leaving after 75 minutes. I've been to lots of away games this season, and am yet to see fans of opposition teams stream out in the way that our fans seemingly do on a regular basis. Pretty embarrassing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 169
Yoda
March 23, 2024, 6:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,156
Gold Stars: 71
We haven’t had a lot to watch with our dross on the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 169
Plankton
March 23, 2024, 6:45pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from MaccasBoots

Not sure if you read my post. My focus was not on "fans jumping up and down clapping their hands", but on fans leaving after 75 minutes. I've been to lots of away games this season, and am yet to see fans of opposition teams stream out in the way that our fans seemingly do on a regular basis. Pretty embarrassing.

Probably because they were playing us and we weren't banging in 4, 5 or 6 goals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 169
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.