Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back

This thread currently has 14,815 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
IlkleyMariner
March 23, 2024, 7:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Yoda
Holohan has been awful for weeks he seems incapable of completing a pass.

Except the excellent pass to Wilson at Gillingham which put us 1-0:up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 169
MuddyWaters
March 23, 2024, 7:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,257
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

Except the excellent pass to Wilson at Gillingham which put us 1-0:up?

Give over. He’s ok going forward but an absolute liability going the other way. That might be alright if he had good players around him but he hasn’t.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 169
1mickylyons
March 23, 2024, 7:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Nice post - thanks for that. Slightly more tricky question for you. Where do you stand on Mullin’s theatrics? I’m being very polite.

I'd love him in a Town shirt shithouse 100% .
I think of Wrexham a long ball team today anything but they scored 3 against the wind I expected a 2nd half mauling but they just carried on passing. Fair play
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 169
wxm80s
March 23, 2024, 7:24pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Nice post - thanks for that. Slightly more tricky question for you. Where do you stand on Mullin’s theatrics? I’m being very polite.

I'm not a fan and I'd like him to tone it down a bit but I can live with it because he's such a good player. He will do anything to win and his work rate, ability and finishing is beyond question. He always puts a shift in even if he's having a stinker.

I don't mind him going down easily in the box, most players do it, its not as if he's the only one but what he did today wasn't good.

By the way, Refs in L2 give him nothing. Even when they should. The price you pay I guess.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 169
Heisenberg
March 23, 2024, 7:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,070
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Yoda
Holohan has been awful for weeks he seems incapable of completing a pass.

I’m not a fan of Holohan at all. He adds nothing when playing at this level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 169
Mappers
March 23, 2024, 7:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,330
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from wxm80s
Not come to gloat so go easy on me.
Agree that with our budget we should win every game but football isn't like that. Look at our form since Christmas. Its been ok, pretty terrible in spells, with a few really good performances too. Today was a good performance where we just took our chances and it killed the game.

Harsh comment about Parky being excrement. His record is pretty impressive with several promotions so he's doing something right.
He's been brilliant for us. I don't expect other fans to understand what he's had to deal with but it's more than most have to in L2 and below. But even some of our fans don't like him and want him gone. Which is insane for me.
He's had to manage a team that's permanently in the spotlight, he's had to cope with a TV crew following them around constantly and this is where he shines for me, he's had to manage a squad full of players who could all make a case, (near enough) to be starting every game. He's a superb man manager. We'd all love to play like Man City but I don't believe its realistic in L2. Look at Notts this season, they were struggling even before LW left for Swansea and have really struggled to adapt.

I didn't think you were terrible, first half we had four shots and three were goals. In my humble opinion you desperately need a physical dominant striker and more pace in the team. But thats purely going off todays game so might be way off.

I like Artell, he speaks really well and I think you could do far far worse. He was on a podcast with our fans before he got the job with you and I really liked what he had to say. He's no mug.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

I agree with what you say , well played today .

I suppose it will get interesting with Parkinson if/when you have a tough spell in league 1 - we know what fans are like (I'm including our's in that ) + owners  and whether they stick with him through bad after he's done so well so far.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 169
Plankton
March 23, 2024, 8:17pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from wxm80s

By the way, Refs in L2 give him nothing. Even when they should. The price you pay I guess.

Maybe if he weren't a cheat they'd more inclined to? Appreciate your previous post, a very fair assessment and I'd love to be in your position.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 169
HertsGTFC
March 23, 2024, 8:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
Didn’t expect to win, would have been ecstatic with a point and actually would have understood a battling defeat, sadly we never got anywhere close to any of those.

Our errors gifted them opportunities & they still had a couple of gears left I think.

Clearly there was a few players playing for new contracts today - at other clubs!

A word on Mullin, he’s a quality player at this level for sure but a classless c**t who embarrassed himself again today when he ran into Tharme in the 2nd half & looked like he’d been cut down with a machine gun. 🤬

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 169
Limerick Mariner
March 23, 2024, 8:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,703
Gold Stars: 136
They were ruthless in exploiting our errors. Apart from that they are very streetwise but nothing special but those two attributes alone are enough to get promotion from this league.

Think Arthur needs to start he made a difference and has done a few times. I suspect DA was preserving Wilson for future battles in taking him off because Obikwu was out of his depth today. Haven’t seen his miss on 89mins on tv but it looked an absolute sitter from the Osmond and would have made the last 6 mins v interesting. Doug continues to impress but the midfield limitations were glaring today. Probably changing my view on Gav being worth another year as a squad filler, he looks like he’s running on empty (happens to us all of course) and he hasn’t the technique to get away with a lower energy game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 169
HertsGTFC
March 23, 2024, 8:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
They were ruthless in exploiting our errors. Apart from that they are very streetwise but nothing special but those two attributes alone are enough to get promotion from this league.

Think Arthur needs to start he made a difference and has done a few times. I suspect DA was preserving Wilson for future battles in taking him off because Obikwu was out of his depth today. Haven’t seen his miss on 89mins on tv but it looked an absolute sitter from the Osmond and would have made the last 6 mins v interesting. Doug continues to impress but the midfield limitations were glaring today. Probably changing my view on Gav being worth another year as a squad filler, he looks like he’s running on empty (happens to us all of course) and he hasn’t the technique to get away with a lower energy game.

On the basis of today I think Wilson was preserving Wilson for other battles.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 169
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.