Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back

This thread currently has 15,006 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Plankton
March 23, 2024, 11:46pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Yoda
What worries me is once the first goal went in everyone in the stadium knew it was game over.

Everyone knew what we were up against and what we have against that, an exceptionally poor side that's bottom 3 team. We have a support base that's two leagues above the level of the team which is national league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 169
Badger57
March 23, 2024, 11:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,922
Gold Stars: 30
We've got some excrement for certain. A very, very poor Grimsby Town team. (66 yes young and following Town since I was 11-12)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 169
Croxton
March 24, 2024, 12:04am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 34
I left at 90 min with a guy who had driven from Plymouth and was about to start his journey back.  
Reckon he put more effort into the game than our front two.

Subs too late. Vernam must be still unfit if Ubikwu gets to stay on. The lad has no clue how to find space, challenge for a header or drop into midfield to offer an option in transition. Wood and Gnouha  need to get way more game time in the next few games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 169
Mayaman
March 24, 2024, 3:29am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Norseman
Thought Thompson ,Tharme and Mullarkey were the only players who came out of today with some credit .Wilson was feeding on scraps .Obikwu looked lost and the rest were just very poor when they needed to step up against a decent side .Not great but decent

Mullarky was good going forward.  Had the balls to take them on.  Others should be doing that job more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 169
Phil the cod
March 24, 2024, 7:07am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Thompson didn't give in after the first goal was let in as a gift.
We need sort out the goalkeeper though as he's making the rest of the team nervous wrecks.
They were far better than us and our players recognised this from 10 minutes in.
Hate to state the obvious but if you don't spend decent money on the squad and are obsessed with wokery and gourmet sausage rolls instead this will be the outcome.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 169
HertsGTFC
March 24, 2024, 7:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Phil the cod
Thompson didn't give in after the first goal was let in as a gift.
We need sort out the goalkeeper though as he's making the rest of the team nervous wrecks.
They were far better than us and our players recognised this from 10 minutes in.
Hate to state the obvious but if you don't spend decent money on the squad and are obsessed with wokery and gourmet sausage rolls instead this will be the outcome.

And there I was sat thinking for once you where making sense until I read the cobblers you’d written at the end, you have sausage rolls living rent free in your head clearly 🙄

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 169
Mappers
March 24, 2024, 7:48am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,460
Gold Stars: 119
Having slept on it , I am not too worried about relegation as I think we will survive .

But , I'm certainly more worried long term about us being nothing more than lower league 2 cloggers and that being about our limit in the current climate , with our current circumstances and ideal of doing it in a sustainable way .

There are anomalies who do well on limited budgets but even those (look at the bottom of league 1) , Sutton in league 2 and Rotherham in The Champ ; their time runs out and they revert to their natural level or worse .

It doesn't matter how  many 7 or 8k attendances you get as it only touches the sides of what investors/owners are willing to throw at these bankrolled clubs .

I feel we need more investment badly both on and off the pitch if we are going to go on any sort of consistent upward trajectory ; if we keep trying to do things the ethical and sustainable way in terms of not raising any investment and running at break even /a small loss I get the feeling we will just kick around the lower reaches until more well funded clubs bypass us and we end up back in nl once more in a few years .

I'm hoping Stockwood & Pettit have irons in the fire and recognise a lot of fans only care for what happens on a Saturday rather than all the small gains .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 169
HertsGTFC
March 24, 2024, 8:11am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Plankton

Everyone knew what we were up against and what we have against that, an exceptionally poor side that's bottom 3 team. We have a support base that's two leagues above the level of the team which is national league.

This, the home fan base has been great a real cross section of die hards, frequent visitors & kids. Feels like once again we’re missing an opportunity to capitalise on great engagement.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 169
Brummie Codfather
March 24, 2024, 8:11am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from HertsGTFC

And there I was sat thinking for once you where making sense until I read the cobblers you’d written at the end, you have sausage rolls living rent free in your head clearly 🙄

Sausage rolls live rent free in my head but mainly because I’m a bit of a fat illegitimate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 169
lew chaterleys lover
March 24, 2024, 8:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,759
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Mappers
Having slept on it , I am not too worried about relegation as I think we will survive .

But , I'm certainly more worried long term about us being nothing more than lower league 2 cloggers and that being about our limit in the current climate , with our current circumstances and ideal of doing it in a sustainable way .

There are anomalies who do well on limited budgets but even those (look at the bottom of league 1) , Sutton in league 2 and Rotherham in The Champ ; their time runs out and they revert to their natural level or worse .

It doesn't matter how  many 7 or 8k attendances you get as it only touches the sides of what investors/owners are willing to throw at these bankrolled clubs .

I feel we need more investment badly both on and off the pitch if we are going to go on any sort of consistent upward trajectory ; if we keep trying to do things the ethical and sustainable way in terms of not raising any investment and running at break even /a small loss I get the feeling we will just kick around the lower reaches until more well funded clubs bypass us and we end up back in nl once more in a few years .

I'm hoping Stockwood & Pettit have irons in the fire and recognise a lot of fans only care for what happens on a Saturday rather than all the small gains .

In terms of actual league placings we are no better off than with Fenty, which is not something I thought I would write. Doing nothing substantial but keeping the costs down has been equally successful as doing lots but not spending substantially more on top players is giving us similar outcomes.

I was member a hoop when the new owners came in, but unless we are going to make really substantial improvements to BP, or actually get a new training facility then everything should be focused on getting better players in during the summer.

If long term plans are just that, then bobbing along in the lower reaches of league 2 or worse won't keep the fans enthused enough.
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 169
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.