17 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimPol
March 27, 2024, 10:39am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69

I think you are being a bit generous. We are 4th bottom for the simple reason we are not very good and most of our players wouldn't get in any other team.

We need major upgrades in all positions bar Rose to even threaten  the top half.

You are quite right that there will be a mass exodus at the end of the season.
The most amazing thing about this season is that we are not in the drop zone, 2/3 teams are hell-bent in beating us to that wooden spoon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 169
RonMariner
March 27, 2024, 10:45am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,718
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from GrimPol

You are quite right that there will be a mass exodus at the end of the season.
The most amazing thing about this season is that we are not in the drop zone, 2/3 teams are hell-bent in beating us to that wooden spoon.

Let’s hope so, but Sutton picking up 6 points recently shows that we can’t take it for granted. I think 46 points will see us safe given the fixtures the bottom two have ahead of them.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 169
cannylad65
March 27, 2024, 11:09am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: +96
Gold Stars: 6
The annoying thing about Orsi was that he was on contract, and wouldn't have cost us anything.

But as was pointed out earlier, he was not one of Hurst's favourites, confirmed by the lack of starts, mainly in the F.A. cup.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 169
mariner91
March 27, 2024, 1:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,657
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from acko338
Sign George Lloyd up when Cheltenham get relegated - grafter, runner, scores a few, harrasses defenders, linked well with Rose last season, good stamina in the no 10 role that has been missing.

Lloyd and Rose must have a really good understanding if they managed to link up well despite not even playing for the same team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 169
Brummie Codfather
March 27, 2024, 1:56pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +852
Gold Stars: 21
I liked Orsi but didn’t he leave because he wanted to go somewhere to be first choice and he wasn’t going to be here because we’d signed Danny Rose?

For all Orsi’s exploits this season hasn’t Rose scored a similar amount and offers more all round?  I don’t think you can argue he would have been first choice here so it was either let him go or have an unhappy player around the squad.  Just for what he did in the FA cup Id argue Orsi had earned the right to go and be first choice elsewhere if he wanted too.

It would also let him recover from that vicious assault he suffered at Southampton.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 169
diehardmariner
March 27, 2024, 2:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
If we look at it as a one-in-one-out perspective, I'm taking Rose every single day of the week.

But Rose wasn't a replacement for Orsi, he was the replacement for Ryan Taylor that was 12-months overdue.  

Having Rose is great, I think having Rose and Orsi (who I agree would have been a really good pairing, on paper anyway) would have been even better especially if they were playing together.

It'll all comes back to the ongoing improvement argument. How often have we not improved on what we've let go?  Far too often in my opinion and that's why we're only in a very, very slightly better position than 3 years ago (on the pitch).

I liked Orsi, I thought he was underrated by an awful lot of people, including Hurst.  I don't have an issue with Hurst taking the viewpoint that he/we could get better.  But we didn't.
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 169
Northbank Mariner
March 27, 2024, 4:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,472
Gold Stars: 171
Wish people could drop the "we shouldn't have let Orsi go"...he asked to leave, not only because he thought he wasn't getting a fair crack of the whip but also wanted to go back down south where his girlfriend and family live...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 169
forza ivano
March 27, 2024, 6:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,204
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Wish people could drop the "we shouldn't have let Orsi go"...he asked to leave, not only because he thought he wasn't getting a fair crack of the whip but also wanted to go back down south where his girlfriend and family live...

Never let the facts get in the way of misconceptions...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 169
HerveJosse
March 27, 2024, 7:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

You would  ask to leave if you had been picked for 4 league games all season and you saw the crap we had on loan playing a head of you Lloyd excluded
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 169
A Brace Of Tees
March 28, 2024, 1:27pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +701
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from acko338
Sign George Lloyd up when Cheltenham get relegated - grafter, runner, scores a few, harrasses defenders, linked well with Rose last season, good stamina in the no 10 role that has been missing.

Any clues as to why he'd want to leave his home town to move 200 miles across the country to play for a team teetering on the brink of the National League?

I'd be interested to hear your rationale for that one.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 169
17 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.