Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back

This thread currently has 15,000 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
cannylad65
March 24, 2024, 12:38pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: +77
Gold Stars: 7
Devs,

So you are saying you prefer Holohan to Clifton in midfield?

Read carefully, I said Bramwell and Braithwaite at 'some point', not now, only when we are safe from relegation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 169
arryarryarry
March 24, 2024, 12:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from MaccasBoots

Fair enough, you're also entitled to your opinion. I personally just don't understand why you'd bother going if you're just going to leave early. Seems like a waste of your money and time.

And if you're interested in the players performing better than I doubt that denting their confidence by streaming out early will do much to help that. But as I say, just my opinion.

Again, FFS, there was a full crowd, cheering them from the start that had no effect on the the way we played, that was down to poor quality players who could not defend, had difficulty passing to their own players and created diddly squat up front.

If the players feel let down by fans leaving early they should be looking at themselves as to why some of them were crap.
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 169
MuddyWaters
March 24, 2024, 12:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from arryarryarry

Again, FFS, there was a full crowd, cheering them from the start that had no effect on the the way we played, that was down to poor quality players who could not defend, had difficulty passing to their own players and created diddly squat up front.

If the players feel let down by fans leaving early they should be looking at themselves as to why some of them were crap.

What amazed me was that one of the main protagonists threw his arms in the air when he was subbed off!
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 169
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 24, 2024, 12:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,764
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from cannylad65
Devs,

So you are saying you prefer Holohan to Clifton in midfield?

Read carefully, I said Bramwell and Braithwaite at 'some point', not now, only when we are safe from relegation.

I am not a great fan of Clifton, a fact I’ve posted on many occasions over the years, however, I actually agree with you in regards he is a better option than either Green or Holohan as he’s actually mobile and fit. None of the three has a good first touch or can pass a ball, how the hell did the club get into such a position?, but at least HC would give us energy in there. That said I was not impressed with Smith but it was against Donny where nobody came out too well. Wood actually looked very good on the ball yesterday but lacks experience and physicality but needs to get a lot more minutes in the second half of games. Andrews should start before Green and it’s a pity we haven’t really been able to see what Ainley has to off as his experience could be invaluable and he has to be an improvement on Green.

Up front I would go with Rose and Wilson for experience and hopefully better finishers than their rivals.

Finally, don’t share the accolades for Hume who to me is decent but like Glennon is woefully lacking in pace hence he was hooked yesterday. He’s ok going forward but his delivery is not up to Glennon’s standards so any improvement is marginal and we need more athletic and talented full backs next season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 169
HertsGTFC
March 24, 2024, 1:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

I am not a great fan of Clifton, a fact I’ve posted on many occasions over the years, however, I actually agree with you in regards he is a better option than either Green or Holohan as he’s actually mobile and fit. None of the three has a good first touch or can pass a ball, how the hell did the club get into such a position?, but at least HC would give us energy in there. That said I was not impressed with Smith but it was against Donny where nobody came out too well. Wood actually looked very good on the ball yesterday but lacks experience and physicality but needs to get a lot more minutes in the second half of games. Andrews should start before Green and it’s a pity we haven’t really been able to see what Ainley has to off as his experience could be invaluable and he has to be an improvement on Green.

Up front I would go with Rose and Wilson for experience and hopefully better finishers than their rivals.

Finally, don’t share the accolades for Hume who to me is decent but like Glennon is woefully lacking in pace hence he was hooked yesterday. He’s ok going forward but his delivery is not up to Glennon’s standards so any improvement is marginal and we need more athletic and talented full backs next season.

I thought Andrews looked decent when he came on yesterday it it’s hard to tell as at 3 - 0 up Wrexham weren’t really getting stuck into him.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 169
Eastendmariner
March 24, 2024, 2:01pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
We need to take each game as it comes. The league table doesn’t lie we’ve been  poor but hopefully we can improve enough to stay clear of the bottom 2. Didn’t expect anything yesterday  so nothing gained but we are slightly in a better position than 5 weeks ago only when it’s confirmed when are safe can we really relax and build Barrow next week so another toughie. Missing Rose so hopeing he’s in for Bradford then we will see UTM

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 169
TownSNAFU5
March 24, 2024, 2:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Wrexham fans say that they were very good yesterday.  Ratings of 2 x 9s, with 4 or 5 players getting 8s out of 10.

Cannon got a 9 from many posters, as MOTM and probably player of the season.

We were maybe a tad unfortunate that he had his shooting boots on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 169
Hagrid
March 24, 2024, 2:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,487
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Wrexham fans say that they were very good yesterday.  Ratings of 2 x 9s, with 4 or 5 players getting 8s out of 10.

Cannon got a 9 from many posters, as MOTM and probably player of the season.

We were maybe a tad unfortunate that he had his shooting boots on.

A standard league 2 goalkeeper saves both of them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 169
rancido
March 24, 2024, 4:55pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,654
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'm saying that, without a massive windfall or a serious level of investment, we need to accept that our ceiling is much lower than many want it to be. Who's JD by the way?

Typo!!!! Meant JS - note to self, must proof read before posting lol

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 169
MuddyWaters
March 24, 2024, 5:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from rancido

Typo!!!! Meant JS - note to self, must proof read before posting lol

I wish some would think before posting - not you obviously! 🤔😂
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 169
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.