10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
It Bites
December 9, 2023, 5:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,162
Gold Stars: 264
We look like the real deal which tells me we have the right players already . Sharp , energetic, snapping into tackles , organisation and more importantly a plan we can all under stand . I bet the players are loving it . Conteh mom for me but could of been Glennon and Mularky and Rose
Private Message
RonMariner
December 9, 2023, 5:31pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,691
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from It Bites
We look like the real deal which tells me we have the right players already . Sharp , energetic, snapping into tackles , organisation and more importantly a plan we can all under stand . I bet the players are loving it . Conteh mom for me but could of been Glennon and Mularky and Rose

It's amazing isn't it? Not long ago all of the players you mention apart from Rose were getting slagged off regularly on here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 93
It Bites
December 9, 2023, 5:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,162
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from RonMariner

It's amazing isn't it? Not long ago all of the players you mention apart from Rose were getting slagged off regularly on here.

That’s football, they were rubbish, we didn’t know it was the manager did we
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 93
MuddyWaters
December 9, 2023, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,244
Gold Stars: 235
We look like a football team again! Admittedly, they, as you would, made changes and cut down the space that Hunt and Conteh had in the first half but we were still pretty comfortable.

No weak links, all the starters had good games but I agree with the sponsor and go with Glennon as MoM.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 93
ginnywings
December 9, 2023, 5:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,127
Gold Stars: 548
Classic game of two halves, with us showing our attacking chops first half and our defensive side the second, and despite Crewe having the vast majority of the ball in the second half, they didn't create a lot. the goal they did score was a good cross and a class finish, so no criticism of the defence there. Credit to Crewe, as they stuck to their way of playing the whole game, even when 2 down and didn't panic at all. They just couldn't break us down.

The game was won first half and for once we followed up our opener with a second, which gave us something to defend, and a bit of belief.

We were very good in the first half, brave on the ball, taking risks in the right areas and you can see what we are trying to do. Isn't quite fully there yet, but we can only improve with time.

Glennon was absolutely superb all game, but especially first half when he was our best attacking player. All the crosses and all the corners were coming from his side and he got 2 assists, which is why teams were watching him last season, and will be again if he carries on in that form. He's back to the player we know he can be. The rest were pretty good too, and no one had a bad game.

That's 5 league games without a defeat now taking 9 points and moving in the right direction, including beating two sides in the play off spots.

Really good performance today, in both attack and defence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 93
mariner tommy
December 9, 2023, 5:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,871
Gold Stars: 13
Thoroughly enjoyed that, even when they scored we never panicked and kept our shape, nobody played badly and the result was fully deserved, MOM could’ve gone to Rose, Mullarkey, Hunt or Eisa, but Glennon gets it for me, did everything but score.
UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 93
chaos33
December 9, 2023, 5:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Big 3 points and a fantastic performance. Mid table is a couple of games away and half a season to go me boys. UTM

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 93
Balthazar Bullitt
December 9, 2023, 6:00pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
If Crewe had beaten us today they would have gone second. Artell mentioned they're top scorers in the football league. Just adds to the positivity of today's performance. Championship in five years then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 93
December 9, 2023, 6:09pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
Classic game of two halves, with us showing our attacking chops first half and our defensive side the second, and despite Crewe having the vast majority of the ball in the second half, they didn't create a lot. the goal they did score was a good cross and a class finish, so no criticism of the defence there. Credit to Crewe, as they stuck to their way of playing the whole game, even when 2 down and didn't panic at all. They just couldn't break us down.

The game was won first half and for once we followed up our opener with a second, which gave us something to defend, and a bit of belief.

We were very good in the first half, brave on the ball, taking risks in the right areas and you can see what we are trying to do. Isn't quite fully there yet, but we can only improve with time.

Glennon was absolutely superb all game, but especially first half when he was our best attacking player. All the crosses and all the corners were coming from his side and he got 2 assists, which is why teams were watching him last season, and will be again if he carries on in that form. He's back to the player we know he can be. The rest were pretty good too, and no one had a bad game.

That's 5 league games without a defeat now taking 9 points and moving in the right direction, including beating two sides in the play off spots.

Really good performance today, in both attack and defence.

Glennon did have a great game, agreed, but he was wrong side of the player who scored their goal.

Reply: 8 - 93
mimma
December 9, 2023, 6:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
Also special mention to Cartwright in goal. He was getting a lot of stick but he's stood up to it all and is now looking very competent. Made one really good save, and the catch on the line under pressure was a brilliant piece of keeping.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 93
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.