10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
IlkleyMariner
December 9, 2023, 6:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
It must have been a difficult decision for the owners to sack PH.
Nice guy, good results overall, but he had run out of puff.

Interesting that the replacement had a similar experience at Crewe……

I could never understand why our squad, which is very competent individually at this level were not performing.

We now know and good luck to all concerned, especially the owners and their choice of David Artell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 93
HerveJosse
December 9, 2023, 6:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Glennon and Hunt reborn . Why Hurst thought Hunt was a holding midfield player will remain one of the great mysteries of life. The defence is still the defence . Good progress in two weeks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 93
Badger57
December 9, 2023, 6:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,912
Gold Stars: 30
Such a huge transformation from where we were to where we are now. A great TEAM performance (not withstanding some truly excellent individual performances) against a very good Crewe side.
We know why. Say no more. UTM! 😁
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 93
Maringer
December 9, 2023, 6:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,512
Gold Stars: 185
An entertaining game and some good football at times from both sides in very difficult conditions.

Two really good goals for us in the first half, though their keeper perhaps seemed to be a little slow to start moving his feet for Eisa's goal. Right in the corner, however, so it would have taken a brilliant save to stop it. Lovely cross from Glennon for Rose to bounce the ball in from his header.

I can see why we sat off them in the second half as we didn't have anyone other than Rose to lead the line, so he wasn't able to as much chasing as you would normally see. Vital we had him in at the death as he won a couple of defensive headers in stoppage time.

If I was going to be critical, I'd say that we were perhaps a bit too passive in the second half and we really needed to take one of our chances on the counter. There were three or four opportunities wasted where we really ought to have done better.

It was noticeable that their subs improved them, but ours didn't and this shows the squad is lacking a bit of depth. Not that anybody who came on did poorly, they just didn't add something extra. We're a pretty one-paced team at the moment.

Their goal was a bit soft as well, but otherwise we defended stoutly.

Very nice to see us as close to the play-offs as the drop zone at the moment...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 93
Madeleymariner
December 9, 2023, 6:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,057
Gold Stars: 50
Thought we looked really good at times crisp passing the wind almost helped us at times I thought. Everyone had at least a decent game and Conteh, Glennon really good Like what we are trying to do UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 93
ginnywings
December 9, 2023, 6:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,140
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 123614

Glennon did have a great game, agreed, but he was wrong side of the player who scored their goal.

That wasn't apparent to me from my viewpoint at the time, so I can only take your word for it.

Players very rarely have a flawless 90 mins and he more than made up for any shortcomings with the rest of his game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 93
SouthLakesMariner
December 9, 2023, 6:56pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +939
Gold Stars: 21
He obviously scored another very good goal, but that aside, how did Eisa play today?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 93
Maringer
December 9, 2023, 7:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,512
Gold Stars: 185
Eisa did pretty well, helped by the fact that their starting full-back was a bit cumbersome. Some good play down our left in the first half and we gave them a lot to think about.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 93
ginnywings
December 9, 2023, 7:12pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,140
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Maringer
Eisa did pretty well, helped by the fact that their starting full-back was a bit cumbersome. Some good play down our left in the first half and we gave them a lot to think about.

He was subbed in the second half. Looked to be carrying a bit of timber to me.

He couldn't match Eisa for pace.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 93
SouthLakesMariner
December 9, 2023, 7:16pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +939
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Maringer

Cheers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.