10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
It Bites
December 9, 2023, 5:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,202
Gold Stars: 265
We look like the real deal which tells me we have the right players already . Sharp , energetic, snapping into tackles , organisation and more importantly a plan we can all under stand . I bet the players are loving it . Conteh mom for me but could of been Glennon and Mularky and Rose
Private Message
RonMariner
December 9, 2023, 5:31pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,717
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from It Bites
We look like the real deal which tells me we have the right players already . Sharp , energetic, snapping into tackles , organisation and more importantly a plan we can all under stand . I bet the players are loving it . Conteh mom for me but could of been Glennon and Mularky and Rose

It's amazing isn't it? Not long ago all of the players you mention apart from Rose were getting slagged off regularly on here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 93
It Bites
December 9, 2023, 5:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner

It's amazing isn't it? Not long ago all of the players you mention apart from Rose were getting slagged off regularly on here.

That’s football, they were rubbish, we didn’t know it was the manager did we
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 93
MuddyWaters
December 9, 2023, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
We look like a football team again! Admittedly, they, as you would, made changes and cut down the space that Hunt and Conteh had in the first half but we were still pretty comfortable.

No weak links, all the starters had good games but I agree with the sponsor and go with Glennon as MoM.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 93
ginnywings
December 9, 2023, 5:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Classic game of two halves, with us showing our attacking chops first half and our defensive side the second, and despite Crewe having the vast majority of the ball in the second half, they didn't create a lot. the goal they did score was a good cross and a class finish, so no criticism of the defence there. Credit to Crewe, as they stuck to their way of playing the whole game, even when 2 down and didn't panic at all. They just couldn't break us down.

The game was won first half and for once we followed up our opener with a second, which gave us something to defend, and a bit of belief.

We were very good in the first half, brave on the ball, taking risks in the right areas and you can see what we are trying to do. Isn't quite fully there yet, but we can only improve with time.

Glennon was absolutely superb all game, but especially first half when he was our best attacking player. All the crosses and all the corners were coming from his side and he got 2 assists, which is why teams were watching him last season, and will be again if he carries on in that form. He's back to the player we know he can be. The rest were pretty good too, and no one had a bad game.

That's 5 league games without a defeat now taking 9 points and moving in the right direction, including beating two sides in the play off spots.

Really good performance today, in both attack and defence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 93
mariner tommy
December 9, 2023, 5:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,871
Gold Stars: 13
Thoroughly enjoyed that, even when they scored we never panicked and kept our shape, nobody played badly and the result was fully deserved, MOM could’ve gone to Rose, Mullarkey, Hunt or Eisa, but Glennon gets it for me, did everything but score.
UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 93
chaos33
December 9, 2023, 5:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Big 3 points and a fantastic performance. Mid table is a couple of games away and half a season to go me boys. UTM

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 93
Balthazar Bullitt
December 9, 2023, 6:00pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
If Crewe had beaten us today they would have gone second. Artell mentioned they're top scorers in the football league. Just adds to the positivity of today's performance. Championship in five years then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 93
December 9, 2023, 6:09pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
Classic game of two halves, with us showing our attacking chops first half and our defensive side the second, and despite Crewe having the vast majority of the ball in the second half, they didn't create a lot. the goal they did score was a good cross and a class finish, so no criticism of the defence there. Credit to Crewe, as they stuck to their way of playing the whole game, even when 2 down and didn't panic at all. They just couldn't break us down.

The game was won first half and for once we followed up our opener with a second, which gave us something to defend, and a bit of belief.

We were very good in the first half, brave on the ball, taking risks in the right areas and you can see what we are trying to do. Isn't quite fully there yet, but we can only improve with time.

Glennon was absolutely superb all game, but especially first half when he was our best attacking player. All the crosses and all the corners were coming from his side and he got 2 assists, which is why teams were watching him last season, and will be again if he carries on in that form. He's back to the player we know he can be. The rest were pretty good too, and no one had a bad game.

That's 5 league games without a defeat now taking 9 points and moving in the right direction, including beating two sides in the play off spots.

Glennon did have a great game, agreed, but he was wrong side of the player who scored their goal.

Reply: 8 - 93
mimma
December 9, 2023, 6:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
Also special mention to Cartwright in goal. He was getting a lot of stick but he's stood up to it all and is now looking very competent. Made one really good save, and the catch on the line under pressure was a brilliant piece of keeping.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 93
oochiad
December 9, 2023, 6:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,719
Gold Stars: 28
Hunt was unplayable in that first half, boy has he flourished in such a short time since Hurst. Agree with sponsors though Glennon was superb. What a game, so happy things are going in the right direction. UTM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 93
moosey_club
December 9, 2023, 6:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,264
Throughout the game I thought we nullified them superbly really especially given their position and form.
They caused a few panics when they went a little more aerial but by and large we harassed them into errors throughout and had some excellent play of our own.
Well deserved victory and eye pleasing style of play to boot.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 93
louth_in_the_south
December 9, 2023, 6:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,689
Gold Stars: 96
I’d lost interest in listening to managers interviews over the last couple of seasons but got to say DA has changed that . Sure this is mirrored by the team’s improvement

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 93
RonMariner
December 9, 2023, 6:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Looks like we got a new manager bounce for once, but from the last two performances I don’t think it’s a flash in the pan. The players seem to be playing like we thought they would when we signed them.

Confidence must be very high throughout the side now. There is every chance we can get better and better because we have several skilful players starting to show what they are capable of.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 93
acko338
December 9, 2023, 6:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,223
Gold Stars: 33
Confidence and trust  - suddenly both in the playing equation.

Be really interesting now as to how much the last couple of games COULD affect David Artell's thoughts for the transfer market in January.

His interviews are not mad promises, but considered thoughts as to gradual progress going forward.

I can see from his Crewe pedigree as to why our Directors would have looked at his history and track record over a period of time.

Let's hope that the rest of December goes in the same vein !

UTM !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 93
heppy88
December 9, 2023, 6:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Just the performance and result we needed and the fact it was the managers first home game, against his old team, was the icing on the cake. What a transformation in skill, ability, flair, energy levels and confidence around the team. If I remember right, some of us predicted Glennon would struggle to get back in the squad earlier in the season, after he seemed to be the weak link and Hunt was considered a bit part at best by Hurst. What a difference a few weeks and a new management team can make! and its this point that really excites me the most; if we have seen such a huge shift in just a couple of weeks under Artell, what could we be looking forward to in the coming weeks and months? BP was buzzing today, I genuinlly think we have good times ahead. UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 93
fishboyUTM
December 9, 2023, 6:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from mimma
Also special mention to Cartwright in goal. He was getting a lot of stick but he's stood up to it all and is now looking very competent. Made one really good save, and the catch on the line under pressure was a brilliant piece of keeping.

I had been quietly critical of him, based only on his pizza cup performances where he did look very shaky. Tried not to go into it online unless pressed. But he has improved a great deal and settled in. Looked comfortable and at times dominant today. He's improving all the time. It seems I was wrong, and I'm glad to be wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 93
lew chaterleys lover
December 9, 2023, 6:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,720
Gold Stars: 237
I'm very happy with that performance.

The team look very confident in what they are being asked to do, and the skill levels on show are way above what we have seen for most of the season because the players are finding space and moving the ball quicker with much more purpose.

The beauty of it is when you have a way of playing you can work endlessly on it, improving as you go and if you can find better players they can slot in as and when. It sounds simple enough but a good coach can make the simple things really effective.

The conditions were a shocker with an obviously heavy pitch and a ferocious wind which makes the performance even more commendable.

We will soon need those extra seats.

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 93
RonMariner
December 9, 2023, 6:42pm

Special Brew Drinker
The ups and downs of being a football fan. At the start of the season I was looking forward to us challenging for a play off place, and secretly hoping for automatic promotion.

Six weeks ago I was dreading a return to the NL and fully expecting us to be playing Scunthorpe again.

Now I am looking up rather than down the table. it’s a funny old game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 93
Bogtrotter
December 9, 2023, 6:43pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +199
Gold Stars: 8
Thought they played some great football in the first half, looked tierd in the second half but hung on. Was a pleasure to watch. Linesman falling over in the mud twice in the same place was an added bonus  

Upper Smiths was rocking.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 93
IlkleyMariner
December 9, 2023, 6:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
It must have been a difficult decision for the owners to sack PH.
Nice guy, good results overall, but he had run out of puff.

Interesting that the replacement had a similar experience at Crewe……

I could never understand why our squad, which is very competent individually at this level were not performing.

We now know and good luck to all concerned, especially the owners and their choice of David Artell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 93
HerveJosse
December 9, 2023, 6:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Glennon and Hunt reborn . Why Hurst thought Hunt was a holding midfield player will remain one of the great mysteries of life. The defence is still the defence . Good progress in two weeks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 93
Badger57
December 9, 2023, 6:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,912
Gold Stars: 30
Such a huge transformation from where we were to where we are now. A great TEAM performance (not withstanding some truly excellent individual performances) against a very good Crewe side.
We know why. Say no more. UTM! 😁
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 93
Maringer
December 9, 2023, 6:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,527
Gold Stars: 185
An entertaining game and some good football at times from both sides in very difficult conditions.

Two really good goals for us in the first half, though their keeper perhaps seemed to be a little slow to start moving his feet for Eisa's goal. Right in the corner, however, so it would have taken a brilliant save to stop it. Lovely cross from Glennon for Rose to bounce the ball in from his header.

I can see why we sat off them in the second half as we didn't have anyone other than Rose to lead the line, so he wasn't able to as much chasing as you would normally see. Vital we had him in at the death as he won a couple of defensive headers in stoppage time.

If I was going to be critical, I'd say that we were perhaps a bit too passive in the second half and we really needed to take one of our chances on the counter. There were three or four opportunities wasted where we really ought to have done better.

It was noticeable that their subs improved them, but ours didn't and this shows the squad is lacking a bit of depth. Not that anybody who came on did poorly, they just didn't add something extra. We're a pretty one-paced team at the moment.

Their goal was a bit soft as well, but otherwise we defended stoutly.

Very nice to see us as close to the play-offs as the drop zone at the moment...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 93
Madeleymariner
December 9, 2023, 6:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,059
Gold Stars: 50
Thought we looked really good at times crisp passing the wind almost helped us at times I thought. Everyone had at least a decent game and Conteh, Glennon really good Like what we are trying to do UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 93
ginnywings
December 9, 2023, 6:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from 123614

Glennon did have a great game, agreed, but he was wrong side of the player who scored their goal.

That wasn't apparent to me from my viewpoint at the time, so I can only take your word for it.

Players very rarely have a flawless 90 mins and he more than made up for any shortcomings with the rest of his game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 93
SouthLakesMariner
December 9, 2023, 6:56pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +939
Gold Stars: 21
He obviously scored another very good goal, but that aside, how did Eisa play today?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 93
Maringer
December 9, 2023, 7:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Eisa did pretty well, helped by the fact that their starting full-back was a bit cumbersome. Some good play down our left in the first half and we gave them a lot to think about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 93
ginnywings
December 9, 2023, 7:12pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Maringer
Eisa did pretty well, helped by the fact that their starting full-back was a bit cumbersome. Some good play down our left in the first half and we gave them a lot to think about.

He was subbed in the second half. Looked to be carrying a bit of timber to me.

He couldn't match Eisa for pace.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 93
SouthLakesMariner
December 9, 2023, 7:16pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +939
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Maringer

Cheers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 93
lew chaterleys lover
December 9, 2023, 7:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,720
Gold Stars: 237
Another point is that in his post match interviews the manager is buzzing.  He has hit the jackpot from his perspective having inherited really good players who are receptive to his ideas and he can coach them into a really good team.

Usually a manager inherits a mess when taking over a team near the bottom but he sounds absolutely delighted with the quality of the players, so credit to Hurst for their recruitment but this manager will get the best out of them.

I know we can get excited with a new manager but the more I see and hear from Artell the more impressed I am.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 93
Bigdog
December 9, 2023, 7:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
In those tricky conditions, I thought our centre backs had very solid games. Both deserve a mention..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 93
Hagrid
December 9, 2023, 7:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,420
Gold Stars: 534
I’ve said it elsewhere, But What Danny Rose offers is absolutely outstanding. He never stops
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 93
GrimPol
December 9, 2023, 8:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -672
Quoted from ginnywings

A classic game, 2 up at half time, they come out fighting in the second, but we held. Yes a few bumps in the game, but Crewe are a good side and are up the table on merit.  Well done the lads.  Next onto Newport. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 93
LH
December 9, 2023, 8:02pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,528
Gold Stars: 173
Enjoyable game from both teams in difficult conditions that have produced farcical games at BP in recent years. I don’t need to add anything to what people have said of the chalk and cheese difference in how we looked today to say two months ago but it definitely feels like even if we don’t win every week we’ll at least try and do it in an entertaining manner. Hunt and Glennon are proper footballers.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 93
Heisenberg
December 9, 2023, 8:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,067
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from LH
Enjoyable game from both teams in difficult conditions that have produced farcical games at BP in recent years. I don’t need to add anything to what people have said of the chalk and cheese difference in how we looked today to say two months ago but it definitely feels like even if we don’t win every week we’ll at least try and do it in an entertaining manner. Hunt and Glennon are proper footballers.

Glennon was off the chart today. He was relegated to a has-been under Hurst after being linked with championship clubs in the summer - he now looks like L2 could indeed be beneath him if he can play like that consistently.

Hunt makes the odd stray pass, but so what! He’s fantastic. I love the way Artell must be saying “keep trying those passes, kid”, whereas Hurst and Doig were clearly thinking “he just gave the ball away, he’s a liability!!”.

Today was great.

One gripe - 5200-ish? What the hell? We should have had 6500-7000 in today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 93
LH
December 9, 2023, 8:18pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,528
Gold Stars: 173
Also: DA bang on with what he said about BP and it’s potential to be a cauldron. It’s been argued before that the play generates the atmosphere and not vice versa. You’ve got a team willing to play proper ball now - back them vocally!
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 93
headingly_mariner
December 9, 2023, 8:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,377
Gold Stars: 114
Good game, thoroughly entertained. Really enjoy the balance of Hunt, Conteh and Clifton. Surprised nobody has mention Gnahoua who I thought played beautifully.

Only sour spot for me was people singing "Boris Johnson he's one of our own" in the upper. Nearly puked
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 93
Heisenberg
December 9, 2023, 8:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Good game, thoroughly entertained. Really enjoy the balance of Hunt, Conteh and Clifton. Surprised nobody has mention Gnahoua who I thought played beautifully.

Only sour spot for me was people singing "Boris Johnson he's one of our own" in the upper. Nearly puked

No hard feelings, but I loved that chant! Listen, no publicity is bad publicity. Plenty of those fans will be Labour through and through, it was just a laugh.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 93
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 9, 2023, 8:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79
Yep us Hunt and Glennon disciples are sat quite smugly tonight and let’s hope this is a start to a great period for them and the club. However, if they and Conteh, continue to perform at the levels witnessed today they will soon be in demand. Great seeing Hunt playing in the advanced role and whilst he still gave the ball away a little carelessly at times this was mostly down to the fact he was trying to make something positive happen. He has very quick feet and a deft turn and looks very dangerous playing on the edge of the opposition’s box and long May he stay in this area of the pitch.

Overall everything about the performance has been said throughout this thread but the real positive is the attacking intent we now display throughout the team and although there’s a long way to go I anticipate we are going to enjoy our visits to BP a lot more in the future.

As Maringer commented the only small negative today was the substitutions with Green in particular looking completely lost as to what position he was supposed to be playing. However, we won Artell would have learned more about all the players on show and I’m sure all will improve as we move forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 93
The Yard Dog
December 9, 2023, 9:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Heisenberg

Glennon was off the chart today. He was relegated to a has-been under Hurst after being linked with championship clubs in the summer - he now looks like L2 could indeed be beneath him if he can play like that consistently.

Hunt makes the odd stray pass, but so what! He’s fantastic. I love the way Artell must be saying “keep trying those passes, kid”, whereas Hurst and Doig were clearly thinking “he just gave the ball away, he’s a liability!!”.

Today was great.

I think the attendance was effected by the pitch inspections.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 93
ska face
December 9, 2023, 9:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Agree about Gnahoua, thought he was really good today and we definitely lost something when he went off. Same with Eisa who did well defensively when this has been a weakness of his this year. Conteh was a level above, great reading and anticipation, and he invariably regains possession when he gets near the ball. Clifton was a bit off it for me, constantly on his heels waiting for the ball to arrive and lost possession at least 4 times in the first half as a result.

Cartwright was brilliant - big save in the first half followed by a couple of massive claims in awful conditions, and kicking was spot on. Was brave enough to keep brining the CBs in to get it short even later on in the second half when Rodgers didn’t really fancy it, and one move straight through the middle with a couple of layoffs put us in their box from a goal kick.

Overall the play just seemed a lot more intelligent. Players held onto the ball a second or too longer than usual to find a better option, or time a pass better. Some lovely first-time stuff from Glennon including one big switch in the second half that was similar to a goal Ipswich scored last week & almost put Mullarkey in.

Same back 5 for the third match in a row too, when was the last time that happened?
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 93
oochiad
December 9, 2023, 9:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Also to mention Pearson’s and DB’s passion on the touch line in the last 10 mins to get us over the line. Lovely to see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 93
HatTrickHero
December 9, 2023, 9:38pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +780
Gold Stars: 25

I tried to get them singing 'Boris Johnson, he's reset his phone' but nope....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 93
oochiad
December 9, 2023, 9:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from oochiad
Also to mention Pearson’s and DA’s passion on the touch line in the last 10 mins to get us over the line. Lovely to see.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 93
Limerick Mariner
December 9, 2023, 9:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,697
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Yep us Hunt and Glennon disciples are sat quite smugly tonight and let’s hope this is a start to a great period for them and the club. However, if they and Conteh, continue to perform at the levels witnessed today they will soon be in demand. Great seeing Hunt playing in the advanced role and whilst he still gave the ball away a little carelessly at times this was mostly down to the fact he was trying to make something positive happen. He has very quick feet and a deft turn and looks very dangerous playing on the edge of the opposition’s box and long May he stay in this area of the pitch.

Overall everything about the performance has been said throughout this thread but the real positive is the attacking intent we now display throughout the team and although there’s a long way to go I anticipate we are going to enjoy our visits to BP a lot more in the future.

As Maringer commented the only small negative today was the substitutions with Green in particular looking completely lost as to what position he was supposed to be playing. However, we won Artell would have learned more about all the players on show and I’m sure all will improve as we move forward.

I was a Hunt and Glennon disciple last season and expected this season to be their big kick on season. What I saw early season surprised me how poor they were, and then with both being left out of the matchday squad, and trusting PH and Doig to know what they were doing, I thought maybe they'll turn out to be players who just don't fulfil their early promise. What I'm surprised about now is how PH let them regress like that and what was going on behind the scenes? He clearly saw the potential because we really pushed the boat out to sign them on permanents.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 93
MuddyWaters
December 9, 2023, 9:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

I was a Hunt and Glennon disciple last season and expected this season to be their big kick on season. What I saw early season surprised me how poor they were, and then with both being left out of the matchday squad, and trusting PH and Doig to know what they were doing, I thought maybe they'll turn out to be players who just don't fulfil their early promise. What I'm surprised about now is how PH let them regress like that and what what was going on behind the scenes? He clearly saw the potential because we really pushed the boat out to sign them on permanents.

It does make you wonder what actually happened. However, form is temporary and class is permanent and as DA says in the club interview, both these lads have high ceilings to reach.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 93
HarrogateMariner
December 9, 2023, 10:41pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +479
Gold Stars: 23
Really enjoyed the game. Huge credit to the players, manager and coaching staff for effectively implementing the new style of play so quickly. If this is what can be achieved after just 2 weeks then what is to come should be very exciting.

Glennon and Rose stand outs for me. But everyone had a good game, thought we were better defensively but still some work to do before we are back to the defensive solidity we are used to. Two very well worked and executed goals.

Two key moments for me when the game was still 0-0. Cartwright's diving save and Clifton's block/ deflection following the goal mouth scramble that resulted in a Crewe corner. Those were the type of situations we were conceding from a few weeks ago.

Add a fit Wilson and Pyke to this team and there really are some selection headaches for the manager.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 93
Hagrid
December 9, 2023, 11:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,420
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from HarrogateMariner
Really enjoyed the game. Huge credit to the players, manager and coaching staff for effectively implementing the new style of play so quickly. If this is what can be achieved after just 2 weeks then what is to come should be very exciting.

Glennon and Rose stand outs for me. But everyone had a good game, thought we were better defensively but still some work to do before we are back to the defensive solidity we are used to. Two very well worked and executed goals.

Two key moments for me when the game was still 0-0. Cartwright's diving save and Clifton's block/ deflection following the goal mouth scramble that resulted in a Crewe corner. Those were the type of situations we were conceding from a few weeks ago.

Add a fit Wilson and Pyke to this team and there really are some selection headaches for the manager.

2nd of those happened at 1-0 up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 93
HertsGTFC
December 9, 2023, 11:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,946
Gold Stars: 228
Did we just see the long awaited balance in midfield between Conteh, Clifton & Hunt as the foundation for the 2 wide front players & full backs to get into the game & right attacking positions?

Lots of good things about today which have been covered in posts above & don’t need repeating but the thing for me was the desire to get the ball down, pass it and by the looks of it not worrying about making mistakes.

We’ve always know technically this group are an upgrade on previous squads, maybe we don’t need a revolving door in Jan after all.

From the grounds staff to the goal scorers lots of good things about GTFC were on show today.

UTM!

P.S. Only downer for me is we have a small cluster of 🛎️🔚’s in the Upper the consistently flick the V, hurl abuse & boo the away support when attendance is announced, barmy!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 93
moosey_club
December 10, 2023, 1:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,264
Quoted from HertsGTFC

P.S. Only downer for me is we have a small cluster of 🛎️🔚’s in the Upper the consistently flick the V, hurl abuse & boo the away support when attendance is announced, barmy!

With a win they could have gone second i think....    150 fans ??  Deserves derision.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 93
Mayaman
December 10, 2023, 1:57am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from mimma

Certainly looks more confident.  His distribution is better also.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 93
GtfcGarner
December 10, 2023, 3:20am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Think that we will see Waterfall depart in January as much as he's been a brilliant servant for us I don't think he's up to L2 standard and don't think he's the 'footballing' centre half DA is after. I think earlier on in the week somebody mentioned Omar Beckles? It wouldn't suprise me to see DA call on a few older players to just try and get his system fully fluid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 93
grimps
December 10, 2023, 5:06am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from The Yard Dog

I think the attendance was effected by the pitch inspections.

Yeah that won’t have helped and also the Saturday  games before Xmas have always had lower attendances
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 93
1mickylyons
December 10, 2023, 7:39am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
The vocal support from the fans today was superb and long overdue at home.The chant of Mariners and Dave Artells black and white army started in the Upper and went all round the ground. Excellent support and DA acknowledged that in his interview I can't wait for him to hear a packed out BP baying at full volume and keep playing like that it won't be long. Thought we were magnificent from 1-11 but Eisa and Arthur out wide both linked superbly with there respective full backs and where key but Hunt and Glennon matched that.MOTM for me Rose great hold up and link play never stopped running.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 93
SheepGTFC
December 10, 2023, 7:44am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +278
Gold Stars: 6
I know this might be stupid and crazy to say but we're only 8 points off playoffs. (Less than 3 wins). If we have a great second half of the season there's more than a good chance we'll be up there.

Support the team.

Back the manager.

Up the mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 93
Mappers
December 10, 2023, 7:58am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
I was really impressed yesterday

Cartwright looks a keeper that will go far to me , he pulled off an excellent save , distribution was very good and commanded his 6 yard box well - surely he's done enough now to warrant a run until the end of the season ; and then maybe trying to extend for the next one ?

Glennon has come back so well , I thought his race was run (especially after being witness to the ultimate roasting ay Notts ) but pleased to be proven wrong and he looks a player now that we need to be offering a new contract to .

Centre backs did much better and we look improved and not making so many errors at the back .

Mullarkey is a good player , who has had a good first half to the season as a whole really.

Conteh , Hunt and Clifton were all very good ,maybe it's the right blend - guile, energy and physicality as the 3 in there - hopefully we see them consistently together to build more understanding .

Eisa did what he does best

Arthur is just a good player as is Rose .

Not sure where the 1k season ticket holders went but they missed a good one .

Hopefully a sign of things to come , it will be interesting to see how we go against 2 more direct teams in Newport & Harrogate  after playing 3 footballing teams (and playing really well) get 4 or 6 points and we may well be looking higher up rather than down .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 93
MuddyWaters
December 10, 2023, 8:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Two fundamental improvements for me.

First, without the ball, we got into a narrow shape much quicker and, conversely, we made the pitch bigger when we got the ball. As a result, there was very little opportunity for Crewe to play through us.

Second, our movement off the ball was light years ahead of what it has been. We very rarely had to resort to hoofball. Much, much better.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 93
grimps
December 10, 2023, 8:50am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from SheepGTFC
I know this might be stupid and crazy to say but we're only 8 points off playoffs. (Less than 3 wins). If we have a great second half of the season there's more than a good chance we'll be up there.

Support the team.

Back the manager.

Up the mariners

Let’s get ourselves ten points clear of the bottom two first then start looking up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 93
December 10, 2023, 9:06am
Guest User
Quoted from SheepGTFC

Support the team.

Back the manager.

Up the mariners

Town are 100-1 for promotion with 4 top bookmakers (I've just looked   ) so there's plenty of value there if you believe (as I do)
that the ExtraSpecialOne is just that.

Critically, all the players have bought into the 'project' (though I hate the term) from what the ESO has been saying.

UTM

Reply: 59 - 93
headingly_mariner
December 10, 2023, 11:00am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons
The vocal support from the fans today was superb and long overdue at home.The chant of Mariners and Dave Artells black and white army started in the Upper and went all round the ground. Excellent support and DA acknowledged that in his interview I can't wait for him to hear a packed out BP baying at full volume and keep playing like that it won't be long. Thought we were magnificent from 1-11 but Eisa and Arthur out wide both linked superbly with there respective full backs and where key but Hunt and Glennon matched that.MOTM for me Rose great hold up and link play never stopped running.

It was mediocre at best, a quiet and disjointed Pontoon. The kids in the top corner with the drum sing everything lightning fast and insist on constantly singing that shite allez allez song. We've also gone for David Artells black and white army when you can't fit it in, needs to be Artells black and white army.
There were just long periods of nothing in the atmosphere. It was noisy for about 5 minutes. Our home atmosphere is rank and has been for ages.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 93
December 10, 2023, 11:13am
Guest User
Quoted from Heisenberg

Today was great.

A bit harsh!  Couple of weeks from Christmas, cost of living, bad weather, doubts of it being on till 1pm, I think that is decent crowd under the circumstances.

Reply: 61 - 93
ska face
December 10, 2023, 11:20am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

If a couple of rows of people flicking the Vs at the away fans on the other side of the ground puts a downer on your day, you maybe need to show a bit more resilience. Same for anyone clutching their pearls at someone wearing a bobble hat.

Artell’s already said BP is too accommodating, too nice and wants the place to become difficult for opposing teams and (within reason) opposition fans. The man was invoking visions of Galatasaray last night! If the team and management are going to get on the front foot, the fans need to play their part and there’s nothing wrong with a bit of pantomime booing
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 93
marinerjase
December 10, 2023, 11:34am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,655
Gold Stars: 147

It was mediocre at best, a quiet and disjointed Pontoon. The kids in the top corner with the drum sing everything lightning fast and insist on constantly singing that shite allez allez song. We've also gone for David Artells black and white army when you can't fit it in, needs to be Artells black and white army.
There were just long periods of nothing in the atmosphere. It was noisy for about 5 minutes. Our home atmosphere is rank and has been for ages.

Agree about the home atmosphere being crap for ages - and the shite generic songs all too fast.. but can’t for the life of me figure out why David Artells Black and White army doesn’t fit in when for years we had Alan Buckleys Black and White army???

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 93
mariner91
December 10, 2023, 11:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,653
Gold Stars: 262
It’s been a problem for ages with some of the crowd singing songs way too fast. The worst bit is they speed up too so nobody can keep up. Slow and steady for a decent period of time is what will get more people involved.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 93
SpiritOf98
December 10, 2023, 11:44am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from mariner91
It’s been a problem for ages with some of the crowd singing songs way too fast. The worst bit is they speed up too so nobody can keep up. Slow and steady for a decent period of time is what will get more people involved.

All very true but at the same time I'm just happy that our problems have gone from the entire summer recruitment not being good enough to the drummer/singing being too quick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 93
ginnywings
December 10, 2023, 12:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic

It was Dave Artell's black and white army to my ears, and it tracked well.

It wasn't exactly a cauldron of noise yesterday, but it was much better than it has been and will get better still along with the team. It's a two way thing and the fans need to start trusting the team again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 93
GrimPol
December 10, 2023, 12:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -672

I don't believe in any of those things you suggest.
I do think Boris Johnson is the girl private of all girl privates.

Oh and I forgot, and the Left is anti-Semitic. Lots of baggage .

PS I never knew that the replies get censored by others, and Private Parts comes on my page as the original. What nice well-educated person you are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 93
toontown
December 10, 2023, 12:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from ginnywings

It was Dave Artell's black and white army to my ears, and it tracked well.

It wasn't exactly a cauldron of noise yesterday, but it was much better than it has been and will get better still along with the team. It's a two way thing and the fans need to start trusting the team again.

Yeah it's Dave Artell's Black and White Army

Which fits better than using David.

It was loud in the upper yesterday during that mid 2nd half period, although knowing how the noise gets lost from the upper it probably didn't carry that well to the rest of the ground.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 93
headingly_mariner
December 10, 2023, 12:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol

Oh and I forgot, and the Left is anti-Semitic. Lots of baggage .

PS I never knew that the replies get censored by others, and Private Parts comes on my page as the original. What nice well-educated person you are.

I'm not even sure what you're on about.

Your main concerns seem to be with things I haven't said.
I'm not sure how saying I'm not keen on Boris Johnson has anything to do with anti semitism, hating women, hating the uk and hating the working class?

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 93
headingly_mariner
December 10, 2023, 12:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from marinerjase

Agree about the home atmosphere being crap for ages - and the shite generic songs all too fast.. but can’t for the life of me figure out why David Artells Black and White army doesn’t fit in when for years we had Alan Buckleys Black and White army???

Yeah maybe, I suppose if you sing it slower it fits much better. Not like you've had 15 monsters and a Ritalin.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 93
LocalLadGTFC
December 10, 2023, 12:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,219
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Think that we will see Waterfall depart in January as much as he's been a brilliant servant for us I don't think he's up to L2 standard and don't think he's the 'footballing' centre half DA is after. I think earlier on in the week somebody mentioned Omar Beckles? It wouldn't suprise me to see DA call on a few older players to just try and get his system fully fluid.

I don't think we'll see him leave based on the depth we have available at centre half. The sheffield based lads at the club have a youth academy of there own and I know Luke has a real passion for coaching. Wouldn't shock me to see him retire at the end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 71 - 93
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 10, 2023, 12:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Is it controversial to say I thought our second goal was even better than the first?

Great strike by Eisa but the defending and goalkeeping weren’t great.

The second was a thing of beauty. Great, driving run, wonderful cross and Rose with a downward header so textbook, it should be in the GCSE syllabus.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 93
Abdul19
December 10, 2023, 1:40pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,566
Gold Stars: 216

The second was a thing of beauty. Great, driving run, wonderful cross and Rose with a downward header so textbook, it should be in the GCSE syllabus.

Reminded me of David Platt v Cameroon.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 93
Heisenberg
December 10, 2023, 1:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from toontown

Yeah it's Dave Artell's Black and White Army

Which fits better than using David.

It was loud in the upper yesterday during that mid 2nd half period, although knowing how the noise gets lost from the upper it probably didn't carry that well to the rest of the ground.

It was good in the upper yesterday and fair play to the group of guys who started the chant. If we had a ground with acoustics it would have been great anywhere. Unfortunately the noise simply can’t carry due to the open corners, it just dissipates.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 93
StacyColdicotts_hairline
December 10, 2023, 2:17pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Approval: +203
Gold Stars: 1
Where have all the old chants gone?

Will they make a return ???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 93
buckstown
December 10, 2023, 2:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79

Stuart Brace isn't the king anymore, but Grimsby Road still exists so you never know!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 93
sam gy
December 10, 2023, 6:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55

Never thought I’d see the day where our fans don’t even sing “we only sing when we’re fishing”

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 93
StacyColdicotts_hairline
December 10, 2023, 8:35pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Approval: +203
Gold Stars: 1
There was a time when our fans were famous for casting imaginary rods singing that song.

Why has it been ditched????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 93
Heisenberg
December 10, 2023, 8:41pm
Brandy Drinker
There was a time when our fans were famous for casting imaginary rods singing that song.

The last time I saw that was a chav in a powder blue tracky in the home stand at Boston! And I tell you now, there’ll be loads on here who remember that!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 93
It Bites
December 10, 2023, 9:02pm
Champagne Drinker
We’ve got David Artell , we’ve got David Artell , so glad he’s ours  ….. to the tune of glad all over
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 93
Heisenberg
December 10, 2023, 9:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from It Bites
We’ve got David Artell , we’ve got David Artell , so glad he’s ours  ….. to the tune of glad all over

I noticed they played that at Man City recently with “Guardiola” shoe-horned in there - it sounded preposterous and super-cringey.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 93
grimps
December 11, 2023, 4:47am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker

We never did the imaginary rods , that was usually the away fans doing it and our response was '' We urine on your fish''
To be fair our fame for a fishing town is probably long forgotten by many younger fans these days
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 93
rancido
December 11, 2023, 8:34am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from marinerjase

David Artell's scans the same as Alan Buckley's - they both have 4 syllables. If sung at a slowish speed David Artells Black and White Army sounds great.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 93
ska face
December 11, 2023, 8:48am

Vodka Drinker
Usual story. If half the people moaning about the atmosphere or what happened to this song stood up and tried to get them going, there’d be no issue.
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 93
OddShapedBalls
December 11, 2023, 9:10am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,191
Gold Stars: 39
Has Eisa ever scored a crap goal?  Always seems to hit screamers from outside the box, lovely stuff
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 93
December 11, 2023, 10:04am
Guest User
Quoted from OddShapedBalls
Has Eisa ever scored a crap goal?  Always seems to hit screamers from outside the box, lovely stuff

All goals for Town are non-crap. So maybe he's scored some crap ones for other teams...but I wouldn't know.
Reply: 86 - 93
diehardmariner
December 11, 2023, 11:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,628
Gold Stars: 539
Oh how good it feels to leave a game having enjoyed the performance.

From front to back we were fantastic.  Credit to both sides who refused to let the conditions beat them and just go long ball.  

Few weeks in football is a long time and I can't believe we've gone from looking quite nervously at the results of the other sides to now thinking who we can reel in ahead of us and how quickly we can do it.
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 93
oochiad
December 11, 2023, 11:46am
Cocktail Drinker
Sitting in the main stand as I do I can tell you doubters that the atmosphere was certainly most different on Saturday. We could hear the singing in the upper findus clearly and I and many around me joined in. It might only have been for a short time but that hasn’t happened for a long time. If the football continues as it is I can see I’ll be singing much more frequently as I do and an away match. Long may it continue! UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 93
Heisenberg
December 11, 2023, 5:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from OddShapedBalls

He misses the crap ones, unfortunately. That miss against Accrington still galls me. Then again, if he scored those as well as the screamers he’d probably be in The Championship.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 93
Spurn boy
December 11, 2023, 7:41pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Approval: +1,239
Gold Stars: 29
Not sure if it’s been mentioned on the fishy but the referee on Saturday Richie Watkins was refereeing his first league game and apart from booking Mularkey for time wasting over a free kick had a very good game and never seemed to be bullied into decisions by either team. Hopefully see more of him at BP in the future.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 93
Maringer
December 11, 2023, 9:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
And he noticed the ball was rolling when Hunt lost concentration and passed a crazy free-kick straight to their striker during the first half!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 93
HatTrickHero
December 11, 2023, 10:03pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: +780
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from Maringer
And he noticed the ball was rolling when Hunt lost concentration and passed a crazy free-kick straight to their striker during the first half!

But seemed to let a couple of agonising seconds pass by before calling it back 😬
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 93
bradzmilne
December 11, 2023, 10:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,426
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Spurn boy
Not sure if it’s been mentioned on the fishy but the referee on Saturday Richie Watkins was refereeing his first league game and apart from booking Mularkey for time wasting over a free kick had a very good game and never seemed to be bullied into decisions by either team. Hopefully see more of him at BP in the future.

Didn’t know this.

Thought he was excellent

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 93
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.