10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
It Bites
December 10, 2023, 9:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,210
Gold Stars: 265
We’ve got David Artell , we’ve got David Artell , so glad he’s ours  ….. to the tune of glad all over
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 93
Heisenberg
December 10, 2023, 9:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,070
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from It Bites
We’ve got David Artell , we’ve got David Artell , so glad he’s ours  ….. to the tune of glad all over

I noticed they played that at Man City recently with “Guardiola” shoe-horned in there - it sounded preposterous and super-cringey.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 93
grimps
December 11, 2023, 4:47am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
There was a time when our fans were famous for casting imaginary rods singing that song.

Why has it been ditched????

We never did the imaginary rods , that was usually the away fans doing it and our response was '' We urine on your fish''
To be fair our fame for a fishing town is probably long forgotten by many younger fans these days
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 93
rancido
December 11, 2023, 8:34am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from marinerjase

Agree about the home atmosphere being crap for ages - and the shite generic songs all too fast.. but can’t for the life of me figure out why David Artells Black and White army doesn’t fit in when for years we had Alan Buckleys Black and White army???

David Artell's scans the same as Alan Buckley's - they both have 4 syllables. If sung at a slowish speed David Artells Black and White Army sounds great.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 93
ska face
December 11, 2023, 8:48am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Usual story. If half the people moaning about the atmosphere or what happened to this song stood up and tried to get them going, there’d be no issue.
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 93
OddShapedBalls
December 11, 2023, 9:10am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,191
Gold Stars: 39
Has Eisa ever scored a crap goal?  Always seems to hit screamers from outside the box, lovely stuff
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 93
December 11, 2023, 10:04am
Guest User
Quoted from OddShapedBalls
Has Eisa ever scored a crap goal?  Always seems to hit screamers from outside the box, lovely stuff

All goals for Town are non-crap. So maybe he's scored some crap ones for other teams...but I wouldn't know.
Reply: 86 - 93
diehardmariner
December 11, 2023, 11:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Oh how good it feels to leave a game having enjoyed the performance.

From front to back we were fantastic.  Credit to both sides who refused to let the conditions beat them and just go long ball.  

Few weeks in football is a long time and I can't believe we've gone from looking quite nervously at the results of the other sides to now thinking who we can reel in ahead of us and how quickly we can do it.
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 93
oochiad
December 11, 2023, 11:46am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,719
Gold Stars: 28
Sitting in the main stand as I do I can tell you doubters that the atmosphere was certainly most different on Saturday. We could hear the singing in the upper findus clearly and I and many around me joined in. It might only have been for a short time but that hasn’t happened for a long time. If the football continues as it is I can see I’ll be singing much more frequently as I do and an away match. Long may it continue! UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 93
Heisenberg
December 11, 2023, 5:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,070
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from OddShapedBalls

He misses the crap ones, unfortunately. That miss against Accrington still galls me. Then again, if he scored those as well as the screamers he’d probably be in The Championship.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.