10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
December 9, 2023, 7:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 237
Another point is that in his post match interviews the manager is buzzing.  He has hit the jackpot from his perspective having inherited really good players who are receptive to his ideas and he can coach them into a really good team.

Usually a manager inherits a mess when taking over a team near the bottom but he sounds absolutely delighted with the quality of the players, so credit to Hurst for their recruitment but this manager will get the best out of them.

I know we can get excited with a new manager but the more I see and hear from Artell the more impressed I am.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 93
Bigdog
December 9, 2023, 7:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
In those tricky conditions, I thought our centre backs had very solid games. Both deserve a mention..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 93
Hagrid
December 9, 2023, 7:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,407
Gold Stars: 534
I’ve said it elsewhere, But What Danny Rose offers is absolutely outstanding. He never stops
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 93
GrimPol
December 9, 2023, 8:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -669
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from ginnywings
Classic game of two halves, with us showing our attacking chops first half and our defensive side the second, and despite Crewe having the vast majority of the ball in the second half, they didn't create a lot. the goal they did score was a good cross and a class finish, so no criticism of the defence there. Credit to Crewe, as they stuck to their way of playing the whole game, even when 2 down and didn't panic at all. They just couldn't break us down.

The game was won first half and for once we followed up our opener with a second, which gave us something to defend, and a bit of belief.

We were very good in the first half, brave on the ball, taking risks in the right areas and you can see what we are trying to do. Isn't quite fully there yet, but we can only improve with time.

Glennon was absolutely superb all game, but especially first half when he was our best attacking player. All the crosses and all the corners were coming from his side and he got 2 assists, which is why teams were watching him last season, and will be again if he carries on in that form. He's back to the player we know he can be. The rest were pretty good too, and no one had a bad game.

That's 5 league games without a defeat now taking 9 points and moving in the right direction, including beating two sides in the play off spots.

Really good performance today, in both attack and defence.

A classic game, 2 up at half time, they come out fighting in the second, but we held. Yes a few bumps in the game, but Crewe are a good side and are up the table on merit.  Well done the lads.  Next onto Newport. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 93
LH
December 9, 2023, 8:02pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,519
Gold Stars: 173
Enjoyable game from both teams in difficult conditions that have produced farcical games at BP in recent years. I don’t need to add anything to what people have said of the chalk and cheese difference in how we looked today to say two months ago but it definitely feels like even if we don’t win every week we’ll at least try and do it in an entertaining manner. Hunt and Glennon are proper footballers.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 93
Heisenberg
December 9, 2023, 8:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,047
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from LH
Enjoyable game from both teams in difficult conditions that have produced farcical games at BP in recent years. I don’t need to add anything to what people have said of the chalk and cheese difference in how we looked today to say two months ago but it definitely feels like even if we don’t win every week we’ll at least try and do it in an entertaining manner. Hunt and Glennon are proper footballers.

Glennon was off the chart today. He was relegated to a has-been under Hurst after being linked with championship clubs in the summer - he now looks like L2 could indeed be beneath him if he can play like that consistently.

Hunt makes the odd stray pass, but so what! He’s fantastic. I love the way Artell must be saying “keep trying those passes, kid”, whereas Hurst and Doig were clearly thinking “he just gave the ball away, he’s a liability!!”.

Today was great.

One gripe - 5200-ish? What the hell? We should have had 6500-7000 in today.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 93
LH
December 9, 2023, 8:18pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,519
Gold Stars: 173
Also: DA bang on with what he said about BP and it’s potential to be a cauldron. It’s been argued before that the play generates the atmosphere and not vice versa. You’ve got a team willing to play proper ball now - back them vocally!
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 93
headingly_mariner
December 9, 2023, 8:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Good game, thoroughly entertained. Really enjoy the balance of Hunt, Conteh and Clifton. Surprised nobody has mention Gnahoua who I thought played beautifully.

Only sour spot for me was people singing "Boris Johnson he's one of our own" in the upper. Nearly puked
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 93
Heisenberg
December 9, 2023, 8:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,047
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Good game, thoroughly entertained. Really enjoy the balance of Hunt, Conteh and Clifton. Surprised nobody has mention Gnahoua who I thought played beautifully.

Only sour spot for me was people singing "Boris Johnson he's one of our own" in the upper. Nearly puked

No hard feelings, but I loved that chant! Listen, no publicity is bad publicity. Plenty of those fans will be Labour through and through, it was just a laugh.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 93
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 9, 2023, 8:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,692
Gold Stars: 79
Yep us Hunt and Glennon disciples are sat quite smugly tonight and let’s hope this is a start to a great period for them and the club. However, if they and Conteh, continue to perform at the levels witnessed today they will soon be in demand. Great seeing Hunt playing in the advanced role and whilst he still gave the ball away a little carelessly at times this was mostly down to the fact he was trying to make something positive happen. He has very quick feet and a deft turn and looks very dangerous playing on the edge of the opposition’s box and long May he stay in this area of the pitch.

Overall everything about the performance has been said throughout this thread but the real positive is the attacking intent we now display throughout the team and although there’s a long way to go I anticipate we are going to enjoy our visits to BP a lot more in the future.

As Maringer commented the only small negative today was the substitutions with Green in particular looking completely lost as to what position he was supposed to be playing. However, we won Artell would have learned more about all the players on show and I’m sure all will improve as we move forward.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.