headingly_mariner
December 10, 2023, 11:00am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,377
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from 1mickylyons
The vocal support from the fans today was superb and long overdue at home.The chant of Mariners and Dave Artells black and white army started in the Upper and went all round the ground. Excellent support and DA acknowledged that in his interview I can't wait for him to hear a packed out BP baying at full volume and keep playing like that it won't be long. Thought we were magnificent from 1-11 but Eisa and Arthur out wide both linked superbly with there respective full backs and where key but Hunt and Glennon matched that.MOTM for me Rose great hold up and link play never stopped running.

It was mediocre at best, a quiet and disjointed Pontoon. The kids in the top corner with the drum sing everything lightning fast and insist on constantly singing that shite allez allez song. We've also gone for David Artells black and white army when you can't fit it in, needs to be Artells black and white army.
There were just long periods of nothing in the atmosphere. It was noisy for about 5 minutes. Our home atmosphere is rank and has been for ages.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 93
December 10, 2023, 11:13am
Guest User
Quoted from Heisenberg

Glennon was off the chart today. He was relegated to a has-been under Hurst after being linked with championship clubs in the summer - he now looks like L2 could indeed be beneath him if he can play like that consistently.

Hunt makes the odd stray pass, but so what! He’s fantastic. I love the way Artell must be saying “keep trying those passes, kid”, whereas Hurst and Doig were clearly thinking “he just gave the ball away, he’s a liability!!”.

Today was great.

One gripe - 5200-ish? What the hell? We should have had 6500-7000 in today.

A bit harsh!  Couple of weeks from Christmas, cost of living, bad weather, doubts of it being on till 1pm, I think that is decent crowd under the circumstances.

Reply: 61 - 93
ska face
December 10, 2023, 11:20am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from HertsGTFC

P.S. Only downer for me is we have a small cluster of 🛎️🔚’s in the Upper the consistently flick the V, hurl abuse & boo the away support when attendance is announced, barmy!

If a couple of rows of people flicking the Vs at the away fans on the other side of the ground puts a downer on your day, you maybe need to show a bit more resilience. Same for anyone clutching their pearls at someone wearing a bobble hat.

Artell’s already said BP is too accommodating, too nice and wants the place to become difficult for opposing teams and (within reason) opposition fans. The man was invoking visions of Galatasaray last night! If the team and management are going to get on the front foot, the fans need to play their part and there’s nothing wrong with a bit of pantomime booing
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 93
marinerjase
December 10, 2023, 11:34am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,655
Gold Stars: 147
Quoted from headingly_mariner

It was mediocre at best, a quiet and disjointed Pontoon. The kids in the top corner with the drum sing everything lightning fast and insist on constantly singing that shite allez allez song. We've also gone for David Artells black and white army when you can't fit it in, needs to be Artells black and white army.
There were just long periods of nothing in the atmosphere. It was noisy for about 5 minutes. Our home atmosphere is rank and has been for ages.

Agree about the home atmosphere being crap for ages - and the shite generic songs all too fast.. but can’t for the life of me figure out why David Artells Black and White army doesn’t fit in when for years we had Alan Buckleys Black and White army???

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 93
mariner91
December 10, 2023, 11:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,654
Gold Stars: 262
It’s been a problem for ages with some of the crowd singing songs way too fast. The worst bit is they speed up too so nobody can keep up. Slow and steady for a decent period of time is what will get more people involved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 93
SpiritOf98
December 10, 2023, 11:44am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from mariner91
It’s been a problem for ages with some of the crowd singing songs way too fast. The worst bit is they speed up too so nobody can keep up. Slow and steady for a decent period of time is what will get more people involved.

All very true but at the same time I'm just happy that our problems have gone from the entire summer recruitment not being good enough to the drummer/singing being too quick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 93
ginnywings
December 10, 2023, 12:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548

It was Dave Artell's black and white army to my ears, and it tracked well.

It wasn't exactly a cauldron of noise yesterday, but it was much better than it has been and will get better still along with the team. It's a two way thing and the fans need to start trusting the team again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 93
GrimPol
December 10, 2023, 12:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -672
Gold Stars: 69

I don't believe in any of those things you suggest.
I do think Boris Johnson is the girl private of all girl privates.

Oh and I forgot, and the Left is anti-Semitic. Lots of baggage .

PS I never knew that the replies get censored by others, and Private Parts comes on my page as the original. What nice well-educated person you are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 93
toontown
December 10, 2023, 12:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from ginnywings

It was Dave Artell's black and white army to my ears, and it tracked well.

It wasn't exactly a cauldron of noise yesterday, but it was much better than it has been and will get better still along with the team. It's a two way thing and the fans need to start trusting the team again.

Yeah it's Dave Artell's Black and White Army

Which fits better than using David.

It was loud in the upper yesterday during that mid 2nd half period, although knowing how the noise gets lost from the upper it probably didn't carry that well to the rest of the ground.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 93
headingly_mariner
December 10, 2023, 12:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,377
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from GrimPol

Oh and I forgot, and the Left is anti-Semitic. Lots of baggage .

PS I never knew that the replies get censored by others, and Private Parts comes on my page as the original. What nice well-educated person you are.

I'm not even sure what you're on about.

Your main concerns seem to be with things I haven't said.
I'm not sure how saying I'm not keen on Boris Johnson has anything to do with anti semitism, hating women, hating the uk and hating the working class?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.