moosey_club
December 10, 2023, 1:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,266
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from HertsGTFC

P.S. Only downer for me is we have a small cluster of 🛎️🔚’s in the Upper the consistently flick the V, hurl abuse & boo the away support when attendance is announced, barmy!

With a win they could have gone second i think....    150 fans ??  Deserves derision.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 93
Mayaman
December 10, 2023, 1:57am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from mimma
Also special mention to Cartwright in goal. He was getting a lot of stick but he's stood up to it all and is now looking very competent. Made one really good save, and the catch on the line under pressure was a brilliant piece of keeping.

Certainly looks more confident.  His distribution is better also.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 93
GtfcGarner
December 10, 2023, 3:20am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Think that we will see Waterfall depart in January as much as he's been a brilliant servant for us I don't think he's up to L2 standard and don't think he's the 'footballing' centre half DA is after. I think earlier on in the week somebody mentioned Omar Beckles? It wouldn't suprise me to see DA call on a few older players to just try and get his system fully fluid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 93
grimps
December 10, 2023, 5:06am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from The Yard Dog

I think the attendance was effected by the pitch inspections.

Yeah that won’t have helped and also the Saturday  games before Xmas have always had lower attendances
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 93
1mickylyons
December 10, 2023, 7:39am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
The vocal support from the fans today was superb and long overdue at home.The chant of Mariners and Dave Artells black and white army started in the Upper and went all round the ground. Excellent support and DA acknowledged that in his interview I can't wait for him to hear a packed out BP baying at full volume and keep playing like that it won't be long. Thought we were magnificent from 1-11 but Eisa and Arthur out wide both linked superbly with there respective full backs and where key but Hunt and Glennon matched that.MOTM for me Rose great hold up and link play never stopped running.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 93
SheepGTFC
December 10, 2023, 7:44am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +279
Gold Stars: 6
I know this might be stupid and crazy to say but we're only 8 points off playoffs. (Less than 3 wins). If we have a great second half of the season there's more than a good chance we'll be up there.

Support the team.

Back the manager.

Up the mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 93
Mappers
December 10, 2023, 7:58am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,328
Gold Stars: 118
I was really impressed yesterday

Cartwright looks a keeper that will go far to me , he pulled off an excellent save , distribution was very good and commanded his 6 yard box well - surely he's done enough now to warrant a run until the end of the season ; and then maybe trying to extend for the next one ?

Glennon has come back so well , I thought his race was run (especially after being witness to the ultimate roasting ay Notts ) but pleased to be proven wrong and he looks a player now that we need to be offering a new contract to .

Centre backs did much better and we look improved and not making so many errors at the back .

Mullarkey is a good player , who has had a good first half to the season as a whole really.

Conteh , Hunt and Clifton were all very good ,maybe it's the right blend - guile, energy and physicality as the 3 in there - hopefully we see them consistently together to build more understanding .

Eisa did what he does best

Arthur is just a good player as is Rose .

Not sure where the 1k season ticket holders went but they missed a good one .

Hopefully a sign of things to come , it will be interesting to see how we go against 2 more direct teams in Newport & Harrogate  after playing 3 footballing teams (and playing really well) get 4 or 6 points and we may well be looking higher up rather than down .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 93
MuddyWaters
December 10, 2023, 8:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Two fundamental improvements for me.

First, without the ball, we got into a narrow shape much quicker and, conversely, we made the pitch bigger when we got the ball. As a result, there was very little opportunity for Crewe to play through us.

Second, our movement off the ball was light years ahead of what it has been. We very rarely had to resort to hoofball. Much, much better.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 93
grimps
December 10, 2023, 8:50am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from SheepGTFC
I know this might be stupid and crazy to say but we're only 8 points off playoffs. (Less than 3 wins). If we have a great second half of the season there's more than a good chance we'll be up there.

Support the team.

Back the manager.

Up the mariners

Let’s get ourselves ten points clear of the bottom two first then start looking up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 93
December 10, 2023, 9:06am
Guest User
Quoted from SheepGTFC

Support the team.

Back the manager.

Up the mariners

Town are 100-1 for promotion with 4 top bookmakers (I've just looked   ) so there's plenty of value there if you believe (as I do)
that the ExtraSpecialOne is just that.

Critically, all the players have bought into the 'project' (though I hate the term) from what the ESO has been saying.

UTM

Reply: 59 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.