10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
oochiad
December 9, 2023, 6:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,719
Gold Stars: 28
Hunt was unplayable in that first half, boy has he flourished in such a short time since Hurst. Agree with sponsors though Glennon was superb. What a game, so happy things are going in the right direction. UTM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 93
moosey_club
December 9, 2023, 6:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,266
Gold Stars: 226
Throughout the game I thought we nullified them superbly really especially given their position and form.
They caused a few panics when they went a little more aerial but by and large we harassed them into errors throughout and had some excellent play of our own.
Well deserved victory and eye pleasing style of play to boot.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 93
louth_in_the_south
December 9, 2023, 6:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,692
Gold Stars: 96
I’d lost interest in listening to managers interviews over the last couple of seasons but got to say DA has changed that . Sure this is mirrored by the team’s improvement

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 93
RonMariner
December 9, 2023, 6:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,719
Looks like we got a new manager bounce for once, but from the last two performances I don’t think it’s a flash in the pan. The players seem to be playing like we thought they would when we signed them.

Confidence must be very high throughout the side now. There is every chance we can get better and better because we have several skilful players starting to show what they are capable of.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 93
acko338
December 9, 2023, 6:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,223
Gold Stars: 33
Confidence and trust  - suddenly both in the playing equation.

Be really interesting now as to how much the last couple of games COULD affect David Artell's thoughts for the transfer market in January.

His interviews are not mad promises, but considered thoughts as to gradual progress going forward.

I can see from his Crewe pedigree as to why our Directors would have looked at his history and track record over a period of time.

Let's hope that the rest of December goes in the same vein !

UTM !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 93
heppy88
December 9, 2023, 6:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Just the performance and result we needed and the fact it was the managers first home game, against his old team, was the icing on the cake. What a transformation in skill, ability, flair, energy levels and confidence around the team. If I remember right, some of us predicted Glennon would struggle to get back in the squad earlier in the season, after he seemed to be the weak link and Hunt was considered a bit part at best by Hurst. What a difference a few weeks and a new management team can make! and its this point that really excites me the most; if we have seen such a huge shift in just a couple of weeks under Artell, what could we be looking forward to in the coming weeks and months? BP was buzzing today, I genuinlly think we have good times ahead. UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 93
fishboyUTM
December 9, 2023, 6:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from mimma
Also special mention to Cartwright in goal. He was getting a lot of stick but he's stood up to it all and is now looking very competent. Made one really good save, and the catch on the line under pressure was a brilliant piece of keeping.

I had been quietly critical of him, based only on his pizza cup performances where he did look very shaky. Tried not to go into it online unless pressed. But he has improved a great deal and settled in. Looked comfortable and at times dominant today. He's improving all the time. It seems I was wrong, and I'm glad to be wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 93
lew chaterleys lover
December 9, 2023, 6:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
I'm very happy with that performance.

The team look very confident in what they are being asked to do, and the skill levels on show are way above what we have seen for most of the season because the players are finding space and moving the ball quicker with much more purpose.

The beauty of it is when you have a way of playing you can work endlessly on it, improving as you go and if you can find better players they can slot in as and when. It sounds simple enough but a good coach can make the simple things really effective.

The conditions were a shocker with an obviously heavy pitch and a ferocious wind which makes the performance even more commendable.

We will soon need those extra seats.

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 93
RonMariner
December 9, 2023, 6:42pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,719
The ups and downs of being a football fan. At the start of the season I was looking forward to us challenging for a play off place, and secretly hoping for automatic promotion.

Six weeks ago I was dreading a return to the NL and fully expecting us to be playing Scunthorpe again.

Now I am looking up rather than down the table. it’s a funny old game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 93
Bogtrotter
December 9, 2023, 6:43pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +203
Gold Stars: 8
Thought they played some great football in the first half, looked tierd in the second half but hung on. Was a pleasure to watch. Linesman falling over in the mud twice in the same place was an added bonus  

Upper Smiths was rocking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.