Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Fans Forum
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Fans Forum

This thread currently has 21,034 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
November 24, 2023, 9:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Poojah

I think that's about right. Pearson spoke well, as eloquently and cogently as I’ve heard him speak. Stockwood sounded rattled at times. He needn’t have. More people are on his side than he seems to realise.

You’ll never please everyone. Needs to chill out a bit.

I think Ben and Shaun were equally impressive. I’m delighted that their futures have been guaranteed.
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 194
bawarmy
November 24, 2023, 9:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,021
Gold Stars: 33
Shaun and Ben are doing really well in my opinion. Speak well, are focused on the club and passionate. Unbeaten too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 194
louth_in_the_south
November 24, 2023, 9:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,711
Gold Stars: 96
Just a guess but due to the financial state of the economy I’m not surprised there’s less willingness to invest, if you can call it investment as that implies a return , in a L2 club . JS and AP are on their own in this foray into club ownership and it doesn’t matter how much £ you’ve got continuous transferring of £££ will start to grind . As some have said they decided to do this and to an extent that’s true but a fans forum is a true test of anyone’s resolve . I’m sure a stiff drink will be underway right now and some soul searching.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 194
louth_in_the_south
November 24, 2023, 9:50pm

Exile
Just a guess but due to the financial state of the economy I’m not surprised there’s less willingness to invest, if you can call it investment as that implies a return , in a L2 club . JS and AP are on their own in this foray into club ownership and it doesn’t matter how much £ you’ve got continuous transferring of £££ will start to grind . As some have said they decided to do this and to an extent that’s true but a fans forum is a true test of anyone’s resolve . I’m sure a stiff drink will be underway right now and some soul searching.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 194
Maringer
November 24, 2023, 9:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
Didn't listen, but I suspect that Stockwood is feeling under quite a bit of pressure, given our struggles in the league this season. With a decision still to be made on the new manager, that will only be more pressure, so you can perhaps understand if he's a bit less diplomatic than he might usually be?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 194
LH
November 24, 2023, 9:52pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,602
Gold Stars: 175
My first and last fans forum in person tonight. The owners hands are tied by the previous owner’s welded wallet not investing in infrastructure, local businesses not having the cash to invest in difficult circumstances and facing other clubs with much bigger pots of money and short to medium term goals much more ambitious than us. The future is more assured but bloody hell it’s bleak being a supporter of a club living within it’s means isn’t it?

That said Shaun and Benji (hi Bob) are possibly long term candidates for the job. Good students of the game, locally based and sound to be pretty invested in the long term view.
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 194
louth_in_the_south
November 24, 2023, 9:55pm

Exile
Who are we going to sell in January if we need to raise funds ? Can’t think of anyone tbh ?!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 194
HertsGTFC
November 24, 2023, 9:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,994
Gold Stars: 228
Thing I took away from tonight is the owners & Debbie care and are trying to be progressive, considerate and do the right thing for the long term betterment of the club.

In addition to this money is a bit tight despite and JS & AP are propping us up as expected.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 194
Mariners_15
November 24, 2023, 10:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Who are we going to sell in January if we need to raise funds ? Can’t think of anyone tbh ?!

I assume it would be more meaning a couple of players moving out on loan/free transfers potentially to free the wage budget up for a couple of additions? Again that would probably be acquired on a loan or for a very small fee at that stage of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 194
lew chaterleys lover
November 24, 2023, 10:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,759
Gold Stars: 237
I'm not sure what to make of that. The good news is that we may have secured a site for a new training ground but don't have the money to do anything with it. My advice would be to forget the new training ground in that case, and just make incremental improvements to Cheapside.

The Main Stand is being "updated" with less posts. Why bother?

We need to put all our efforts into the team. Unless we get moving upwards in terms of league position then all the stuff they would like to achieve is just a fantasy. They have created a better club, a more updated and modern club so personally I would leave it at that for now, as we need to get momentum on the field.
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 194
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Fans Forum

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.