Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Fans Forum
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Fans Forum

This thread currently has 21,026 views. Print
20 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
GibMariner
November 25, 2023, 7:34am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -964
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

"Fenty showed gratitude and mucked in"...who are you kidding!.  
He mucked in because it saved a few bob, it wasn't for the love of the club, and I'm sure he showed you gratitude,  when you were doing stuff as a Barrow job n saving him a few more  pennies..

Bitter   cheap option  
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 194
Northbank Mariner
November 25, 2023, 7:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from GibMariner

Bitter   cheap option  

Yes, I am bitter....
I'm bitter towards a man that nearly took my club out of business, twice, got us relegated out the league, twice, never invested into the club, training facilities or infastructure yet wanted the kudos and fans to lick his oily boots, and let's not talk about trying to bring a convicted fraudster to the club and local council eh..
Now, I'm not sure if you believed in JSF, or trying to win the forumites up tbh..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 194
Tommy
November 25, 2023, 7:43am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from GibMariner

This

Don’t buy the posts of the Main Stand are an issue (vanity project like the glass screen waste of money in the Upper)

JS Very prickly all in all and seems like he’s counting down the days.

Should another new regime take over now they to would rattle on about how BP is out of date, a money pit and rubbish everything. Money needs spending as i suspect has always been spent without the previous wanting a medal or shouting about it.  

As a supporters trust member, one of many willing to lend a hand, i saw first hand the work that went on season in season out to keep costs down and in all fairness JF always showed gratitude and mucked in. Don’t know if this still happens but I’ve not been called on by the MT since.

A win today and it will be roses and smiles. UTMM

This is quite an unbelievable post. Must be a wind-up surely

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 194
Hagrid
November 25, 2023, 7:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,485
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from GibMariner

Bitter   cheap option  

Nothing sums it up more than a story Mckeown told when he first signed, Fenty was in the neighbouring field at cheapside siphoning water

Cheap. Cheap cheap.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 194
1mickylyons
November 25, 2023, 7:58am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
I attended last nights Forum and having read through this thread it's a bit annoying to see people here having a go at the questions asked on the night. You all had chance to attend and ask in person or submit your own questions via email but no you couldn't be ar5sed .

Anyway the night itself JS went down like a lead balloon with me he just went into spin doctor mode and never gave one straight answer all night. The rest of the panel I enjoyed hearing from and SP in particular came across very well. I came away with the impression we're in for a very long period of make do off the pitch but I do think that on the pitch these guys want to make do in league 1?

The other positive for me the emphasis on youth and Debbie Cook asked fir a good turn out from us a week on Tuesday vs Forest in the FA Cup. Tickets are priced at £3 and £5 and I'd implore all Town fans to make the effort and get to that as Forest will have a good following  and according to the panel they have very high hopes with our youngsters.

Anyway it's matchday and it's a big game we need the 3 points vs Sutton and  after the last few games I'm expecting goals again
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 194
HatTrickHero
November 25, 2023, 8:02am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +781
Gold Stars: 25
I'm thinking maybe some posters need pointing to the video of the  infamous forum where Fenty ambushed Matt Dean, and the misery guts accountant told fans to shut up, then the utterly useless Slade waffled on. All just a slow build up to our second drop into non-league.

Forum was ok for me, nothing more nothing less but it's been vastly over analysed on here, even used as a way of getting extra digs in at Jason. Perhaps take a look around at so many other clubs in disarray because of an erratic board or chairman, perhaps wait until this boards record is reaching some sort of similar level as the dismal previous owners.
Hard to swallow for certain posters on this thread but this bunch achieved promotion back to the league first attempt, back when writing a Guardian piece was tolerable.

Not a great night for me, I've seen some silly and even underhand behaviour on this board tonight, disappointing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 194
Mappers
November 25, 2023, 8:04am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,475
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Tommy

This is quite an unbelievable post. Must be a wind-up surely

Stockwood up a pylon today or out

That post deserves a record red X count surely

Bonkers
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 194
1mickylyons
November 25, 2023, 8:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from HatTrickHero
I'm thinking maybe some posters need pointing to the video of the  infamous forum where Fenty ambushed Matt Dean, and the misery guts accountant told fans to shut up, then the utterly useless Slade waffled on. All just a slow build up to our second drop into non-league.

Forum was ok for me, nothing more nothing less but it's been vastly over analysed on here, even used as a way of getting extra digs in at Jason. Perhaps take a look around at so many other clubs in disarray because of an erratic board or chairman, perhaps wait until this boards record is reaching some sort of similar level as the dismal previous owners.
Hard to swallow for certain posters on this thread but this bunch achieved promotion back to the league first attempt, back when writing a Guardian piece was tolerable.

Not a great night for me, I've seen some silly and even underhand behaviour on this board tonight, disappointing.

It was pretty full and the people who went seemed to enjoy most of it and it's fantastic that the 5 panel members gave up there evening to speak. I have seen the comments here regards JS and Tondeur and trust me that wasn't an issue at all they where all smiles and JT enjoyed the night.
No way last night should be viewed negatively it's just that in reality there are hundreds of questions thd fans would like answers to but only a dozen of so got asked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 194
lew chaterleys lover
November 25, 2023, 8:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,758
Gold Stars: 237
It's no good anybody comparing Fenty to anything happening today. I was Fenty's biggest critic but it is today we are discussing.  Criticism is a part of life, and despite an awful lot of talk, a lot of column inches written in the Guardian about values in their various guises we are short of the commodity that blighted the Fenty years - money.

The training ground, proper stadium refurbishment seem to be on the back burner, bar essential remedial work.

They will have looked at the various options and decided everything is too expensive which is fair enough, but we were given the impression due to their careers they would be able to use their contacts to be quite dynamic and creative with solutions.

From last night we learned they can't even get one sponsor for any of the stands to be named after.

Our main hope seems to be to hope for success on the field despite the manager not having a budget the better teams have which is pretty much were we came in.
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 194
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 25, 2023, 9:02am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
It's no good anybody comparing Fenty to anything happening today. I was Fenty's biggest critic but it is today we are discussing.  Criticism is a part of life, and despite an awful lot of talk, a lot of column inches written in the Guardian about values in their various guises we are short of the commodity that blighted the Fenty years - money.

The training ground, proper stadium refurbishment seem to be on the back burner, bar essential remedial work.

They will have looked at the various options and decided everything is too expensive which is fair enough, but we were given the impression due to their careers they would be able to use their contacts to be quite dynamic and creative with solutions.

From last night we learned they can't even get one sponsor for any of the stands to be named after.

Our main hope seems to be to hope for success on the field despite the manager not having a budget the better teams have which is pretty much were we came in.

The reason people like myself keep having to bring up Fenty is that some ‘fans’ have forgotten what he tried to do to our club.

In a similar vein, there were revisionist posts last week suggesting Holloway wasn’t here solely for nefarious reasons.

The two of them tried to sell our club to a convicted fraudster. God knows what state the club would be in now without the leak.

So no, we are not ‘pretty much back where we came in’.

Nobody sensible on here, including JS and AP, has ever suggested that the two of them were going to come in and sort out all the problems overnight. It could take years to get back to being a stable, upper L1 (or better) club. They might succeed. They might not. I don’t know and neither do they.

Just because JS and AP have had some success in business, it doesn’t mean this long-term project is going to be easy or successful.

I never doubted Fenty when he said it was a difficult, lonely job running a lower league football club. JS and AP are proving it’s not easy. However, I’ve seen nothing from them yet that would suggest they will try to destroy our club, in the same way as Fenty tried to do.

JS and AP should be challenged, they should be questioned. They shouldn’t be viewed as saints. But the club is in a better state than it was when they joined. It’s a pretty low bar, but I am genuinely worried for anyone who thinks that isn’t so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 194
20 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Fans Forum

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.