Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Fans Forum
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Fans Forum

This thread currently has 21,021 views. Print
20 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
November 24, 2023, 11:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
I'm not sure what to make of that. The good news is that we may have secured a site for a new training ground but don't have the money to do anything with it. My advice would be to forget the new training ground in that case, and just make incremental improvements to Cheapside.

The Main Stand is being "updated" with less posts. Why bother?

We need to put all our efforts into the team. Unless we get moving upwards in terms of league position then all the stuff they would like to achieve is just a fantasy. They have created a better club, a more updated and modern club so personally I would leave it at that for now, as we need to get momentum on the field.

Really?

They have to do the work to meet safety standards, otherwise the stand will be shut down. I'm sure they would rather not spend £350,000 on works that weren't planned for. The fact they will try and remove some of the obstructive posts in the process is probably something they don't have to do to meet the standard, but are doing anyway to try and make the stand better for the fans.

I must say that I'm pretty downhearted tonight reading all the criticism being aimed at the new owners when they have done more for the club in 3 years than JF did in his entire tenure, and pretty much without the levels of finger pointing that the new owners are getting.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 194
LocalLadGTFC
November 24, 2023, 11:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 137
Struggling to comprehend some comments here tonight, i’ve read that Jason had a pop at JT. We’re skint and pretty much copulated and we’re going absolutely nowhere. Maybe some of you are hearing what you want to hear? if you think Jason was having a pop at JT then you are far too easily offended.. quite clearly tongue in cheek. They said we’ll lose close to a million pound this year, yet also said the playing budget this year will not be cut and we at least match this years even without a cup run etc. These are two custodians of our football club, who aren’t stacked with cash and have been honest from day dot. They said they’ll put money into the football club for it to be a self sustainable club and that we’ll always operate within our means. They’ve not promised stadiums or training grounds. They’ve improved what we have, we are an attractive football club to be a part of due to them. We have an infrastructure of staff, we have training facilities that aren’t in the 2000’s anymore and they’re committed to improving the experience at BP despite it being money down the drain. They know it’s not ideal, they aren’t stupid but no L2 football club has 60 million to spend on a stadium. Tottenham Hotspur are still paying there’s off, it’s taken Everton 15 years to move out of Goodison and will be paying it off for a very long time, look at the financial issues it’s caused them. I don’t blame him for coming off social media, because me myself get bored of reading some of the comments nevermind if they was directed at me. ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 121 - 194
immariner
November 24, 2023, 11:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from ginnywings

I must say that I'm pretty downhearted tonight reading all the criticism being aimed at the new owners when they have done more for the club in 3 years than JF did in his entire tenure, and pretty much without the levels of finger pointing that the new owners are getting.

It's because JS writes in the Guardian and is a heart-on-his-sleeve lefty, you and I both know it mate. Perhaps your average Town fan felt better represented by a knows-the-price-of-everything-and-the-value-of-nothing Tory councillor. Perhaps JF truly was "one of us"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 194
ginnywings
November 25, 2023, 12:03am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from immariner

It's because JS writes in the Guardian and is a heart-on-his-sleeve lefty, you and I both know it mate. Perhaps your average Town fan felt better represented by a knows-the-price-of-everything-and-the-value-of-nothing Tory councillor. Perhaps JF truly was "one of us"

Absolutely, and I was thinking the same thing.

JS is too Guardian and tofu, while AP is seen as Daily Mail and sausages, and "one of us", like JF.

The irony being that Pettit probably had a nice comfortable middle class upbringing, while Stockwood was from a single parent family on the Nunny and couldn't be more Grimsby.

Go figure.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 194
Grantley
November 25, 2023, 2:09am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,504
Gold Stars: 9
Why bother getting rid of the main stand posts??? You’re paying £20 a game, why should you have to move your head?? When you’re at a restaurant and the food you’re given has a hair on it, do you eat around the hair or do you get rid of it? Better still, get the person running the place to do it for you!

‘No one made you buy the club, Jason’ - he was the only one to step up when we really needed it. He hasn’t got endless pots of money and even without making up the shortfall in playing budget, I’m assuming a great deal has to be put into maintaining every other part of the club.

Personally feel like there’s so much entitlement within certain members of the fanbase; certain criticisms (training ground, forgotten promises) are valid but so many of tonight’s arguments just seem said for the sake of it.

Anyone who confirmed Artell as a done deal has no credibility to their name…

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 194
Mappers
November 25, 2023, 5:30am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,474
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Captain Sensible

If JS doesn't yet know who the new manager will be, how do you expect him to tell us?

If you know where the club can find £50m for a new stadium, please share it with us all.

The proposed new training ground was covered and the setbacks explained.

I was just relaying the questions , it's not what I think ; I thought they were pretty poor in truth .

I couldn't take the questions too seriously when the first one  was  talking about putting 16 year olds on for the last 15 minutes tbh , even if after a bit of discussion he did up the age to 18 or 19 .

It confirmed I still don't find Griffiths 'acting up' comedy particularly amusing either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 194
Mappers
November 25, 2023, 6:00am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,474
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
Struggling to comprehend some comments here tonight, i’ve read that Jason had a pop at JT. We’re skint and pretty much copulated and we’re going absolutely nowhere. Maybe some of you are hearing what you want to hear? if you think Jason was having a pop at JT then you are far too easily offended.. quite clearly tongue in cheek. They said we’ll lose close to a million pound this year, yet also said the playing budget this year will not be cut and we at least match this years even without a cup run etc. These are two custodians of our football club, who aren’t stacked with cash and have been honest from day dot. They said they’ll put money into the football club for it to be a self sustainable club and that we’ll always operate within our means. They’ve not promised stadiums or training grounds. They’ve improved what we have, we are an attractive football club to be a part of due to them. We have an infrastructure of staff, we have training facilities that aren’t in the 2000’s anymore and they’re committed to improving the experience at BP despite it being money down the drain. They know it’s not ideal, they aren’t stupid but no L2 football club has 60 million to spend on a stadium. Tottenham Hotspur are still paying there’s off, it’s taken Everton 15 years to move out of Goodison and will be paying it off for a very long time, look at the financial issues it’s caused them. I don’t blame him for coming off social media, because me myself get bored of reading some of the comments nevermind if they was directed at me. ATAW

This

I don't see how people can moan , we are in a good place in terms of where the club is , Stockwood is telling it like it is ,surely that's a good thing we might not have a shed load of money but we have good values .

Much prefer it to being told we will be in the Champ within 5 years or have a new stadium 'because we will' and being told to 'shut up'.

The best thing the fans can do is drag more down to BP and fill the place imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 194
Yarborough Vaults
November 25, 2023, 6:06am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from ginnywings

Absolutely, and I was thinking the same thing.

JS is too Guardian and tofu, while AP is seen as Daily Mail and sausages, and "one of us", like JF.

The irony being that Pettit probably had a nice comfortable middle class upbringing, while Stockwood was from a single parent family on the Nunny and couldn't be more Grimsby.

Go figure.

That's fair and I admit feeling a bit like this. I'm suspicious of B Corp talk and replacing posts when it doesn't tally with real success. Feels like fiddling around the edges and then talking it up.

A few wins though and it's all forgotten.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 194
GibMariner
November 25, 2023, 6:43am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -964
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from immariner
Perhaps JF truly was "one of us"

This

Don’t buy the posts of the Main Stand are an issue (vanity project like the glass screen waste of money in the Upper)

JS Very prickly all in all and seems like he’s counting down the days.

Should another new regime take over now they to would rattle on about how BP is out of date, a money pit and rubbish everything. Money needs spending as i suspect has always been spent without the previous wanting a medal or shouting about it.  

As a supporters trust member, one of many willing to lend a hand, i saw first hand the work that went on season in season out to keep costs down and in all fairness JF always showed gratitude and mucked in. Don’t know if this still happens but I’ve not been called on by the MT since.

A win today and it will be roses and smiles. UTMM
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 194
Northbank Mariner
November 25, 2023, 7:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from GibMariner

This

Don’t buy the posts of the Main Stand are an issue (vanity project like the glass screen waste of money in the Upper)

JS Very prickly all in all and seems like he’s counting down the days.

Should another new regime take over now they to would rattle on about how BP is out of date, a money pit and rubbish everything. Money needs spending as i suspect has always been spent without the previous wanting a medal or shouting about it.  

As a supporters trust member, one of many willing to lend a hand, i saw first hand the work that went on season in season out to keep costs down and in all fairness JF always showed gratitude and mucked in. Don’t know if this still happens but I’ve not been called on by the MT since.

A win today and it will be roses and smiles. UTMM

"Fenty showed gratitude and mucked in"...who are you kidding!.  
He mucked in because it saved a few bob, it wasn't for the love of the club, and I'm sure he showed you gratitude,  when you were doing stuff as a Barrow job n saving him a few more pennies..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 194
20 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Fans Forum

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.