20 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
It Bites
November 26, 2023, 7:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,209
Gold Stars: 265
I managed 10 minutes of the FF . The questions were terrible. Did it get any better ? Lol
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 194
marinerjase
November 26, 2023, 7:37pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,655
Gold Stars: 147
About 9 minutes and 55 seconds longer than readers of your posts on here then 👍

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 194
It Bites
November 26, 2023, 7:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,209
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from marinerjase
About 9 minutes and 55 seconds longer than readers of your posts on here then 👍

sorry , I’m guessing you asked the first question
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 194
LH
November 26, 2023, 7:48pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,528
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Why would blocking people on his personal twitter account create an echo chamber? Like he's said many a time before he's happy to hear other opinions even if they are on the other end of the spectrum as his. What he doesn't agree with is certain individuals taking it that step further and tagging him and directing abuse at him and there's certainly been a few of those.

Muting achieves the same thing and doesn’t give them a badge of honour though that’s what I don’t get. He’s just created a goal for those negative types.

I’ve got a few Town fans muted for reasons like being boringly negative and a few who have gtfc in their handle so I don’t see every single post they make when scrolling the hashtag.
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 194
HertsGTFC
November 26, 2023, 8:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from LH
Loosely linked to this with comments about social media at the FF:

I’ve seen on Twitter that JS has blocked a few of the, shall we say, less positive Town fans. Not sure I can agree with that stance personally. When you can mute people. It just doesn’t seem a good look to be blocking dissenting voices and also creates a bit of an echo chamber.

Read Rebel Ideas by Matthew Sayed to truly understand what echo chambers are & how dangerous they can be and to truly understand that’s one thing you can’t throw at JS or 1878.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 194
lew chaterleys lover
November 26, 2023, 8:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Yoda
Seems to me JS is loosing his mojo for running a football club.
He is probably putting in more money than he wants to and sees no end to it.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he steps down at the end of the season and takes a back seat.

I think the amount of money needed to finance a football club these days is obscene,  especially one that has lacked significant investment for a long time.

I distinctly remember the chairman saying on radio, maybe a year or two ago, he received investment offers but would not rush into anything as they didn't need it yet.

I remember it sounded odd at the time but thought great we have people waiting in the wings. Then we had the cup run, the record season ticket sales. We had well connected people who were going to open doors we never thought possible - the likes of Gareth Jennings etc.

Compare this to what they said at the fans forum what the heck has happened? We can't even get a sponsor for any of the stands and we can't bring any players in unless some go out first.

Yes they have to spend some money, and a lot of money in anybody's language, but things have gone swimmingly well until recently so if it is getting more difficult now what will happen if the crowds drop due to stagnation on the field?

I completely get and am a supporter of what they are trying to do in making Grimsby a by word for excellence in the community and making the club in many ways the jewel in Grimsby's crown, but they must have known that would be incredibly expensive.

If they can't provide the finance at this stage then we will have to hope a good manager can get us moving so we get some momentum. I would wager that clubs who have improved drastically were already moving up the leagues before embarking on the bigger projects,  like when the Cowleys got Lincoln on a roll.

Private Message
Reply: 185 - 194
ginnywings
November 26, 2023, 9:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548

I think the amount of money needed to finance a football club these days is obscene,  especially one that has lacked significant investment for a long time.

I distinctly remember the chairman saying on radio, maybe a year or two ago, he received investment offers but would not rush into anything as they didn't need it yet.

I remember it sounded odd at the time but thought great we have people waiting in the wings. Then we had the cup run, the record season ticket sales. We had well connected people who were going to open doors we never thought possible - the likes of Gareth Jennings etc.

Compare this to what they said at the fans forum what the heck has happened? We can't even get a sponsor for any of the stands and we can't bring any players in unless some go out first.

Yes they have to spend some money, and a lot of money in anybody's language, but things have gone swimmingly well until recently so if it is getting more difficult now what will happen if the crowds drop due to stagnation on the field?

I completely get and am a supporter of what they are trying to do in making Grimsby a by word for excellence in the community and making the club in many ways the jewel in Grimsby's crown, but they must have known that would be incredibly expensive.

If they can't provide the finance at this stage then we will have to hope a good manager can get us moving so we get some momentum. I would wager that clubs who have improved drastically were already moving up the leagues before embarking on the bigger projects,  like when the Cowleys got Lincoln on a roll.

I think what he actually said was that you don't take investment when you need it, you take it when you don't. Something he has said before in other interviews.

Seems counter intuitive, but I think what he is trying to get at is that you then take it on your own terms and not when in a desperate situation which allows others to have a hold on you. Build your brand and then accept people who want to be a part of it, and not because they see a way of elbowing their way in with shiny trinkets.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 194
MuddyWaters
November 26, 2023, 9:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings

I think what he actually said was that you don't take investment when you need it, you take it when you don't. Something he has said before in other interviews.

Seems counter intuitive, but I think what he is trying to get at is that you then take it on your own terms and not when in a desperate situation which allows others to have a hold on you. Build your brand and then accept people who want to be a part of it, and not because they see a way of elbowing their way in with shiny trinkets.

Absolutely right. You borrow when you’re doing well, you do your marketing when you’re busy etc, always do your bidding when you’re at your strongest then you’re in a position where you can get the best outcome.

If you wait till you need a deal, you’ll take the first deal which is usually the worst deal.
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 194
lew chaterleys lover
November 26, 2023, 9:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Absolutely right. You borrow when you’re doing well, you do your marketing when you’re busy etc, always do your bidding when you’re at your strongest then you’re in a position where you can get the best outcome.

If you wait till you need a deal, you’ll take the first deal which is usually the worst deal.

We were on the up when he said it though and now we will have to wait to see whether we get on a roll again.
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 194
HertsGTFC
November 26, 2023, 10:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Utter & complete cobblers, you don’t do marketing unless you need to, it costs too much and you do it to court business or beat a competitor to win the consumer £.

Negotiating a contract is a completely different scenario.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 194
20 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Fans Forum

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.