Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Fans Forum
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Fans Forum

This thread currently has 21,035 views. Print
20 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
aussiej
November 24, 2023, 10:38pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +111
Gold Stars: 17
Where would we be now if we had not got the FA Cup.money?
If there is no money left where would the 350K for the main stand come from? We are in a pretty poor state on and off the field. What we really need is outside investment but that would be difficult. Maybe its time for us supporters to take the pressure off with another fund raiser for the club and raise some funds for the January window...

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 194
Mikey_345
November 24, 2023, 10:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 107
Actually at abit of a loss with some of the comments on this. Thought it was quite a good listen, definitely informed on a few issues. On the pitch improvement needed, but otherwise I’m struggling to understand what some actually want?

Someone said earlier we’re still in L2 as abit of a dig, that’s true - but we weren’t 18 months ago.

I do not for a second believe the money/transfer bit. They’ve clearly learned this summer Jason saying money will go to the budget didn’t help with agents…

Also think the ‘a couple of candidates’ is their way of not limiting their options. Think JS used the phrase “competitive tension” strikes me as a negotiating tool.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 194
Yarborough Vaults
November 24, 2023, 10:39pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
So the love in with JS has ended. That's understandable given how bad we are at the moment but we now get to see what sort of character he really is.

It's OK writing 'right on' columns in the Guardian when all is going well but the dynamic changes when it's all an awful slog with the R word looming.

Petit and Cook are solid and need to pull JS in as he sounds rattled and we need all three to be in synch to turn this around
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 194
Mappers
November 24, 2023, 10:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,481
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Mikey_345
Actually at abit of a loss with some of the comments on this. Thought it was quite a good listen, definitely informed on a few issues. On the pitch improvement needed, but otherwise I’m struggling to understand what some actually want?

Someone said earlier we’re still in L2 as abit of a dig, that’s true - but we weren’t 18 months ago.

I do not for a second believe the money/transfer but. They’ve clearly learned this summer Jason saying money will go to the budget didn’t help with agents…

To know who the new manager is , a new stadium , training ground  and to throw kids on for the last 15 minutes of games - Clive said we need to fill in the corners to .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 194
LH
November 24, 2023, 10:49pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,603
Gold Stars: 175
Quoted from Mappers

I don't think Stockwood came over too badly , I think his frustration is probably because of most of the things you mention in the first paragragh - no chance of a new stadium , (good) people unwilling to invest and having to raise 6 million quid for a training ground of a loss making business - they knew what they were taking on , but I suspect they didn't quite grasp the capital required or how difficult it is to run a club , especially one you love which has most things against it.

Yeah it’s not a dig at the owners at all. We all want a successful club but we live in an era where people in ‘modest’ (excrement) houses can rent a Merc/Audi/BMW 4x4 and Klarna themselves a designer rig for the whole week. It’s transferred to football and now you can get some tiny-cocked twit who is willing to pump cash in to your club to impress his social circle for a few years until they get bored.

Most of us buy a car and clothes we can afford and just plug on and achieve relative success. 1878 are in a bit of a hybrid situation because they’ve inherited a house with nice cars that hasn’t had a leaky roof or dodgy boiler replaced in 20 years so they’re starting from scratch.

These lot care though so by and large it’s worth sticking by them.
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 194
Tommy
November 24, 2023, 10:57pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
If only Fenty received this level of scrutiny and criticism when he ran the (excrement)show! Apart from the last 6 months of his reign that is, when more people wised up to him.

The fact that anyone is taking Stockwood's jokey comment to Tondeur as a serious dig at him is absolutely ridiculous by the way.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 194
CSLM
November 24, 2023, 10:59pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Mikey_345

I do not for a second believe the money/transfer bit. They’ve clearly learned this summer Jason saying money will go to the budget didn’t help with agents…

Also think the ‘a couple of candidates’ is their way of not limiting their options. Think JS used the phrase “competitive tension” strikes me as a negotiating tool.

Agree with you mate.

As for the money coming in, Conteh hasn't been as good as he was but he definitely is a very valuable asset in January or the summer.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 194
grimsby pete
November 24, 2023, 11:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
I will catch up with the tonight's proceedings when they put it on U. Tube .

But

Reading the posts on here I shall give my observations .

The posts in the main might need replacing anyway so with modern building materials they could be further apart hence getting a better view for some.

I hope Jason is not regretting taking over because 95% back all the way ignore the moaners. they have to find something to moan at.I know it's frustrating not being able to do all the things you intended but you will get there in the end we knew it was never going to be a quick fix years of neglect by the person who pestered me to ring him and then said don't contact me again. ( I wonder why )  
Cheapside. Will do until we have a change of fortune and Blundell Park will do for years to come once all the required maintenance is carried out.

I might post some more after I have watched it on U. Tube.

But

I am open to bribes if anybody does not want me to.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 194
bedders78
November 24, 2023, 11:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +839
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from aussiej
Where would we be now if we had not got the FA Cup.money?
If there is no money left where would the 350K for the main stand come from? We are in a pretty poor state on and off the field. What we really need is outside investment but that would be difficult. Maybe its time for us supporters to take the pressure off with another fund raiser for the club and raise some funds for the January window...

Isn't there some football stadium development grants becoming available next summer and hence the temporary fix this pre season

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 194
Captain Sensible
November 24, 2023, 11:15pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Approval: +178
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Mappers

To know who the new manager is , a new stadium , training ground  and to throw kids on for the last 15 minutes of games - Clive said we need to fill in the corners to .

If JS doesn't yet know who the new manager will be, how do you expect him to tell us?

If you know where the club can find £50m for a new stadium, please share it with us all.

The proposed new training ground was covered and the setbacks explained.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 194
20 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Fans Forum

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.