Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Fans Forum
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Fans Forum

This thread currently has 21,032 views. Print
20 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
marinerjase
November 25, 2023, 9:08am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,679
Gold Stars: 147
Spot on 👌 good post KAFV

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 194
GibMariner
November 25, 2023, 9:16am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -964
Gold Stars: 21

The reason people like myself keep having to bring up Fenty is that some ‘fans’ have forgotten what he tried to do to our club.

In a similar vein, there were revisionist posts last week suggesting Holloway wasn’t here solely for nefarious reasons.

The two of them tried to sell our club to a convicted fraudster. God knows what state the club would be in now without the leak.

So no, we are not ‘pretty much back where we came in’.

Nobody sensible on here, including JS and AP, has ever suggested that the two of them were going to come in and sort out all the problems overnight. It could take years to get back to being a stable, upper L1 (or better) club. They might succeed. They might not. I don’t know and neither do they.

Just because JS and AP have had some success in business, it doesn’t mean this long-term project is going to be easy or successful.

I never doubted Fenty when he said it was a difficult, lonely job running a lower league football club. JS and AP are proving it’s not easy. However, I’ve seen nothing from them yet that would suggest they will try to destroy our club, in the same way as Fenty tried to do.  

JS and AP should be challenged, they should be questioned. They shouldn’t be viewed as saints. But the club is in a better state than it was when they joined. It’s a pretty low bar, but I am genuinely worried for anyone who thinks that isn’t so.

You seem very bitter person the way you interpret various things. But today   how does it look any different.

Successes on the field masks so much doesn’t it and then is soon forgotten. Such is the case

Let’s hope for the arrival of a lucky manager in the coming days, me hopes.
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 194
toontown
November 25, 2023, 9:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
"nobody asked them to buy the club" or whatever the quote was - what a load of balderdash! When Fenty was trying to cook up the deal with the convicted fraudster we WERE practically pleading with JS and AP to buy the club and save us from possible doom. Jeez you only have to look down the road at scunny to see what could have happened and people could have had something to actually bleat about such as being in NLN or ceasing to exist even.

I'm still relieved they bought the club when they did. And they've had success in both years since anyway!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 194
November 25, 2023, 9:17am
Guest User
Quoted from ska face

On the manager speculation - “…so don’t believe everything you read on social media…thanks John Tondeur” to laughs in the room. Clearly a harmless joke but some of the clowns on here have an axe to grind for some reason.

Exactly!

Reply: 143 - 194
jamesgtfc
November 25, 2023, 9:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Great post Knut!

I've said since the takeover that JS and AP will come under much more scrutiny because of how easy JF had it.

I think last night was ok, the questions from the floor were quite poor in the main. I've seen it done before where guests have to write them down and the host selects them at random, but that opens the panel up to scrutiny that an awkward question has been swerved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 194
lew chaterleys lover
November 25, 2023, 9:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,759
Gold Stars: 237

The reason people like myself keep having to bring up Fenty is that some ‘fans’ have forgotten what he tried to do to our club.

In a similar vein, there were revisionist posts last week suggesting Holloway wasn’t here solely for nefarious reasons.

The two of them tried to sell our club to a convicted fraudster. God knows what state the club would be in now without the leak.

So no, we are not ‘pretty much back where we came in’.

Nobody sensible on here, including JS and AP, has ever suggested that the two of them were going to come in and sort out all the problems overnight. It could take years to get back to being a stable, upper L1 (or better) club. They might succeed. They might not. I don’t know and neither do they.

Just because JS and AP have had some success in business, it doesn’t mean this long-term project is going to be easy or successful.

I never doubted Fenty when he said it was a difficult, lonely job running a lower league football club. JS and AP are proving it’s not easy. However, I’ve seen nothing from them yet that would suggest they will try to destroy our club, in the same way as Fenty tried to do.

JS and AP should be challenged, they should be questioned. They shouldn’t be viewed as saints. But the club is in a better state than it was when they joined. It’s a pretty low bar, but I am genuinely worried for anyone who thinks that isn’t so.

We will never forget Fenty, I certainly won't.

However that is done, and it is today's reality we should concentrate on.

Private Message
Reply: 145 - 194
November 25, 2023, 9:26am
Guest User
Quoted from forza ivano
found it quite dispiriting tbh. reality starts to bite would be my summing up. there is no overnight transformation either on or off the pitch. No outside investment, n it seems the FA cup windfall has ,at best, managed to keep us up with the rest.
It's going to be a long haul
my balloon of 1878 optimism has been spiked, I'm afraid to say!
however, I have to say , i would rather them than anyone else in charge of the club

None of which can be blamed on JS and AP.

Reply: 146 - 194
Theimperialcoroner
November 25, 2023, 9:27am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from davmariner

Who are you, Stockwood's mum? It was clearly a pointed dig at JT which was reflected in the audience reaction. I thought we'd moved past having a pop at RH journalists at these events.

Stop trying to make fetch happen.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 194
November 25, 2023, 9:28am
Guest User
Quoted from aussiej
Where would we be now if we had not got the FA Cup.money?
If there is no money left where would the 350K for the main stand come from? We are in a pretty poor state on and off the field. What we really need is outside investment but that would be difficult. Maybe its time for us supporters to take the pressure off with another fund raiser for the club and raise some funds for the January window...

100% agree, and willing to donate.

Reply: 148 - 194
November 25, 2023, 9:36am
Guest User
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
Struggling to comprehend some comments here tonight, i’ve read that Jason had a pop at JT. We’re skint and pretty much copulated and we’re going absolutely nowhere. Maybe some of you are hearing what you want to hear? if you think Jason was having a pop at JT then you are far too easily offended.. quite clearly tongue in cheek. They said we’ll lose close to a million pound this year, yet also said the playing budget this year will not be cut and we at least match this years even without a cup run etc. These are two custodians of our football club, who aren’t stacked with cash and have been honest from day dot. They said they’ll put money into the football club for it to be a self sustainable club and that we’ll always operate within our means. They’ve not promised stadiums or training grounds. They’ve improved what we have, we are an attractive football club to be a part of due to them. We have an infrastructure of staff, we have training facilities that aren’t in the 2000’s anymore and they’re committed to improving the experience at BP despite it being money down the drain. They know it’s not ideal, they aren’t stupid but no L2 football club has 60 million to spend on a stadium. Tottenham Hotspur are still paying there’s off, it’s taken Everton 15 years to move out of Goodison and will be paying it off for a very long time, look at the financial issues it’s caused them. I don’t blame him for coming off social media, because me myself get bored of reading some of the comments never mind if they was directed at me. ATAW

It's good to see some people appreciate what our owners are trying to do instead of finding trivial matters to moan about.

Reply: 149 - 194
20 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Fans Forum

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.