Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Fans Forum
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot, jimgtfc, Mayaman and 93 Guests

Fans Forum

This thread currently has 20,845 views. Print
20 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
November 25, 2023, 10:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,423
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from ska face
I honestly don’t see what people found so objectionable about Stockwood’s answers. Wasn’t the point about getting abuse on social media a response to a question asking how the board dealt with getting abuse on social media after the Accrington chairman jacked it in recently? I notice they didn’t bring up how Cook had to take herself off twitter entirely after being subject to a campaign of abuse from some sad acts on there.

Same with the improvements at BP. I’d be fųcked off if the council had suddenly decided (a week before the first match of the season) that you needed to put a whole new roof on the Pontoon after it not being an issue for the last 20 years (when a Councillor was the owner…).

Think that Wacca bloke ended up in big trouble for his posts didnt he about cook?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 194
HertsGTFC
November 25, 2023, 12:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
Listened again on the way up this morning despite the recurring questions about stadiums, training grounds & youth policy there where a few decent questions that I  believe the panel did a really good job in answering as honestly as they could without disclosing topics that for numerous reasons need to stay confidential.,

I also liked the comment Jason made saying he was possibly a bit hasty publicly saying all the cup money would go into the playing budget, magnanimity is a rare quality in football club owners.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 194
mirrorballman
November 25, 2023, 12:34pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +552
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from EvilFish

It isn't done though is it? Fenty ran the club like a non-League outfit long before we dropped into non-League. The lack of investment - not just in the ground and training pitch - but throughout the club in its running and lack of professionalism will take a long time to undo. Just in the past year the club have had to push a hell of a lot of money into basic upkeep of the ground just to tread water. He slowly wrecked our club over a number of years merely to massage his ego.

So it isn't done. We're still feeling the repercussions and will for a number of years yet.

This. The club and facilities were allowed to rot over an extended period of time. It's going to take a similar number of years of attention and careful spending to reverse that. The Main Stand issue is a perfect illustration of what the owners are up against, requiring a sizeable chunk of cash just to stand still.
Last night was quite sobering but they were necessary truths. Things like acquiring the site for the training ground being great but just leading to the next challenge to get the £5million to start the build of the facility.
It was apt that a magic wand was mentioned in one of the questions. Without one the new/renovated ground, the training ground situation, and possibly our league position will to take many years to improve.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 194
Limerick Mariner
November 25, 2023, 12:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,701
Gold Stars: 136
1878 will have been thinking about questions and the messaging. They will have been able to predict almost every question last night - save perhaps why aren’t we playing 16 year olds, the mention of disrespect of minutes silence from Exec boxes (good point) and when are scotch eggs back. JS is taking the lead on managing expectations, and although more a bit more tetchy than I expected about social media etc, I’d hear a realistic appraisal of the clubs position on BP and the training ground, than the bullshite we got from the previous regime.

I’m not pessimistic about the future but my expectations have certainly moderated. For a club of Town’s size and revenue potential, BP could be a 100+ year old financial black hole if we tried do all the work that needs doing. Even with such a poor start there are fewer than a 1000 home seats unsold every game. BP is not suitable for much non match day use to earn extra revenue, so what we spend on BP cannot yield much extra revenue. A club like Notts probably earn £20k per game more than we do from away fans alone. The only thing that differentiates us from some of the so-called tinpotters that have small but new grounds, is our history and our big away support. This still creates the perception to some of our fan base that we are bigger club than the reality these days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 194
Townforlife
November 25, 2023, 12:43pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 16
Having listened to the forum last night and then read some of the comments on here, I would recommend to any fan to listen themselves and to form their own opinion. Some of the negative opinions expressed on here significantly distort what was said, how it was said and why some things were said and others not. To me last night was polite, good humoured, informative and open while recognising confidentiality. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course but some opinions on here seem to range from extreme negative bias to complete b0ll0cks.
Listen with an open mind. Thank god "you know who" and his cronies have been replaced, though some of his acolytes still appear on here from time to time with a predictable negative agenda, despite a forward looking and professional set of people now running the club. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 194
ska face
November 25, 2023, 12:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from Townforlife

Listen with an open mind. Thank god "you know who" and his cronies have been replaced, though some of his acolytes still appear on here from time to time with a predictable negative agenda, despite a forward looking and professional set of people now running the club. UTM

Exactly.

It’s not too long ago that forums were hosted by Terry Rudrum calling fans “keyboard warriors”, and Fenty saying “hello to my fishy friends” before going off on a rambling 20-min tangent where he’d practically fellate himself.
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 194
moosey_club
November 25, 2023, 12:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,266
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I liked it when DC said they were not prepared to let someone have naming rights to the Findus unless they paid  what the Club deemed it worth. The days of flogging the family silver to the first offer are long gone and that was great to hear we won't be selling unless our value is met

So....not wanting to devalue the product then ?  
🤔😁

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 194
LocalLadGTFC
November 25, 2023, 12:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,223
Gold Stars: 137
Can't believe i've just read that Stockwood isn't all that because in pre season he wasn't around the ground or up on the top of the pontoon sorting the roof. I for one am not blinded by blinkers by everything JS & AP do and nor do I compare them to JF. Him down the road looks like a good owner compared to Fenty, take a look at how we all spoke about them during that era... that's how people in football viewed us as a football club whilst he was here. JS is approachable and honest, he's straight talking and has his views on life and it seems many people don't like that because it differs from what they believe. I think Messi is the best footballer to ever play the game, my mate thinks Ronaldo is.. I don't call him a twit for it... even though he's wrong   because it's subjective and an opinion. If JS came out last night and said yeah we've got loads of money left from the summer then it just doesn't play into our hands. He said it in the summer, the cup run harmed us in negotiations because agents and clubs knew we had money. In L2 you have to submit your full playing budget at the start of the season, if we was to say we've got money to spend then it's just going to harm us. They are very smart people, much smarter than I. I'm sure they wish they could be upfront and tell us everything but we all listened to that fans forum, we don't know who else was listening. Like JS referred to when asked a question about the manager, they could of been listening. The answers are a negotiation tactic, it gives them power in negetiations if the canidates believe they aren't the only one we're talking to. I'm not sure I believe him mind, I believe we are only talking to one... same thing with the playing budget, agents and clubs could listen to that and it harms us in January.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 167 - 194
lew chaterleys lover
November 25, 2023, 1:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
My aunt Gertrude would be better than Fenty but surely to God we have gone past that?

It's the future that counts and how we are going to achieve our ambitions?

The next manager is obviously very important as the route to any lasting success is going to come from what happens on the field, and whether he can develop players to raise us some much needed finance.
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 194
GrimPol
November 25, 2023, 1:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Poojah
Slightly surprised about JS’ comments about criticism on social media and the like. Maybe you’ve got to be there and experience it first hand, but it’s fairly well known that football and social media attract a small minority of idiots, and when you combine those two things, that minority gets a bit bigger.

Surely there’s an overwhelming majority of supporters behind the current ownership. Ignore the odd dissenting voice, and crack on. No matter what your social status, there will always be people that don’t like you. Shut it out.

Was he baulking personal attacks or disagreement  with what he's done/not done?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 194
20 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Fans Forum

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.