Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Fans Forum
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Fans Forum

This thread currently has 21,025 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
November 24, 2023, 9:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Listening on catch up, Shaun’s view on the “playing out” question was brilliant and well backed up by Ben. .

Both of these lads get it, are open, well set up & plan really well for sure. PH needs some credit here for brining them on.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 194
Garth
November 24, 2023, 9:16pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Meza

Yes you can definitely tell he has leadership skills being an ex captain, i actually think he'll start his managerial career at Boston, don't know why just one of those gut feelings.

The new manager whoever he is had better be good, because the two who are in the seat now sound good and unless things go horrible wrong, we might be wasting money
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 194
ska face
November 24, 2023, 9:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,779
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from Neilo83

What did he say about John Tondeur I tuned in slightly late.

On the manager speculation - “…so don’t believe everything you read on social media…thanks John Tondeur” to laughs in the room. Clearly a harmless joke but some of the clowns on here have an axe to grind for some reason.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 194
CSLM
November 24, 2023, 9:25pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think the negativity is coming from the chairman actually. He’s moaned about ‘the grind’, social media, stadium development and even managed a pop at John Tondeur. I get that he’s been very successful in his life and he’s made a lot of money for himself but no one made him take this on.

Yeah I do see where you are coming from.
Things clearly have been much tougher than expected this season and that will bring pressure. I like Jason but I do see why some people don't feel the same way

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 194
MuddyWaters
November 24, 2023, 9:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from CSLM

Yeah I do see where you are coming from.
Things clearly have been much tougher than expected this season and that will bring pressure. I like Jason but I do see why some people don't feel the same way

I don’t see it as a like versus dislike situation. He’s a very smart and intelligent person but I don’t think he’s beyond scrutiny. Maybe he realises that or maybe he just doesn’t like it. Either way, he was unnecessarily tetchy tonight.
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 194
Wiley2405
November 24, 2023, 9:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
Jason’s words point towards Artell.

Shaun and Ben come across so well, hopefully they can learn more from the next manager and one day maybe be our future managers.

From Jason’s words Cowleys were never gonna be in the question. With them two, Shaun and Ben there’s too many voices.

No money in Jan is worrying unless we sell.

Decent forum roll on tomorrow
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 194
Sandford1981
November 24, 2023, 9:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Jesus Christ the crap on here is astonishing!
As with most things the real problem are some fans unrealistic expectations.
Fans forums are a tick box exercise in which mainly excrement questions are batted away in a generic fashion by media savvy hosts in the form of rhetoric and sound bytes.
If you expected anything different then more fool you!
Of course there are also those who sound like they cannot wait for things to go wrong too.
Miserable twits!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 194
CSLM
November 24, 2023, 9:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don’t see it as a like versus dislike situation. He’s a very smart and intelligent person but I don’t think he’s beyond scrutiny. Maybe he realises that or maybe he just doesn’t like it. Either way, he was unnecessarily tetchy tonight.

Again I agree. I didn't mean it to sound like that.

Also agree that the JT comment wasn't anything malicious.

As I said originally there are some valid questions to ask the owners.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 194
davmariner
November 24, 2023, 9:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from ska face

On the manager speculation - “…so don’t believe everything you read on social media…thanks John Tondeur” to laughs in the room. Clearly a harmless joke but some of the clowns on here have an axe to grind for some reason.

Who are you, Stockwood's mum? It was clearly a pointed dig at JT which was reflected in the audience reaction. I thought we'd moved past having a pop at RH journalists at these events.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 194
Poojah
November 24, 2023, 9:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,756
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from HerveJosse
In order of impressiveness
Pearson
Petittt
Cook
Davies
Stockwood

I think that's about right. Pearson spoke well, as eloquently and cogently as I’ve heard him speak. Stockwood sounded rattled at times. He needn’t have. More people are on his side than he seems to realise.

You’ll never please everyone. Needs to chill out a bit.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 194
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Fans Forum

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.