Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Fans Forum
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Fans Forum

This thread currently has 21,019 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 24, 2023, 10:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,977
Gold Stars: 184
Liked hearing that SP and BD have been to Man Utd’s training ground and that they’ve had ‘chats’ with Sir Alan.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 194
lew chaterleys lover
November 24, 2023, 10:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,758
Gold Stars: 237
I'm not sure what to make of that. The good news is that we may have secured a site for a new training ground but don't have the money to do anything with it. My advice would be to forget the new training ground in that case, and just make incremental improvements to Cheapside.

The Main Stand is being "updated" with less posts. Why bother?

We need to put all our efforts into the team. Unless we get moving upwards in terms of league position then all the stuff they would like to achieve is just a fantasy. They have created a better club, a more updated and modern club so personally I would leave it at that for now, as we need to get momentum on the field.
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 194
Limerick Mariner
November 24, 2023, 10:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,743
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Thing I took away from tonight is the owners & Debbie care and are trying to be progressive, considerate and do the right thing for the long term betterment of the club.

In addition to this money is a bit tight despite and JS & AP are propping us up as expected.

One would have expected them to have done their due diligence, but the impression I get is that Blundell Park is a bigger financial drain than they anticipated.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 194
Running like emson
November 24, 2023, 10:17pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +285
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Maringer
Didn't listen, but I suspect that Stockwood is feeling under quite a bit of pressure, given our struggles in the league this season. With a decision still to be made on the new manager, that will only be more pressure, so you can perhaps understand if he's a bit less diplomatic than he might usually be?

Agreed: this is not the guy’s routine business. He will be as stressed as hell because he wants to make the right decision but knows that it is not a cert. Also agree with the sentiment that he has more support than he realises …. But that’s the point……. making a decision over a situation in which you fundamentally care is big jelly ….. whatever anyone tells you . Unless you are a psychopath
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 194
Mikey_345
November 24, 2023, 10:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from Neilo83
“I’m trying not to sound like a politician “

You’re failing with that Jason!

The alternative is giving chapter and verse whilst still in a negotiation, which would be a strange thing to do.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 194
Mikey_345
November 24, 2023, 10:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Hurst got the summer window so wrong, as we have maxed out the budget with a lack of depth in a couple of positions.

Only if you believe the answer, which I don’t. Think it’s clear from JS answer re what he said about FA Cup money, they’ve realised you advertise a fact, people ask for more…

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 194
forza ivano
November 24, 2023, 10:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
found it quite dispiriting tbh. reality starts to bite would be my summing up. there is no overnight transformation either on or off the pitch. No outside investment, n it seems the FA cup windfall has ,at best, managed to keep us up with the rest.
It's going to be a long haul
my balloon of 1878 optimism has been spiked, I'm afraid to say!
however, I have to say , i would rather them than anyone else in charge of the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 194
Fenners
November 24, 2023, 10:24pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +134
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Who are we going to sell in January if we need to raise funds ? Can’t think of anyone tbh ?!

It’s not generally about selling at this level. It’s more about another club taking a player and most/all of his wages on for the remainder of the season/contract, freeing up those wages to spend elsewhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 194
Fenners
November 24, 2023, 10:29pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +134
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from forza ivano
found it quite dispiriting tbh. reality starts to bite would be my summing up. there is no overnight transformation either on or off the pitch. No outside investment, n it seems the FA cup windfall has ,at best, managed to keep us up with the rest.
It's going to be a long haul
my balloon of 1878 optimism has been spiked, I'm afraid to say!
however, I have to say , i would rather them than anyone else in charge of the club

Don’t be dispirited. Your final paragraph is right. So many people sat back and never complained for years while the previous regime saw us slide down the leagues and neglected Blundell Park. We were a huge undertaking and it’s going to take time.

You’ve a new manager to look forward to and a club that is working hard to go in the right direction. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 194
Mappers
November 24, 2023, 10:38pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,474
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from LH
My first and last fans forum in person tonight. The owners hands are tied by the previous owner’s welded wallet not investing in infrastructure, local businesses not having the cash to invest in difficult circumstances and facing other clubs with much bigger pots of money and short to medium term goals much more ambitious than us. The future is more assured but bloody hell it’s bleak being a supporter of a club living within it’s means isn’t it?

That said Shaun and Benji (hi Bob) are possibly long term candidates for the job. Good students of the game, locally based and sound to be pretty invested in the long term view.

I don't think Stockwood came over too badly , I think his frustration is probably because of most of the things you mention in the first paragragh - no chance of a new stadium , (good) people unwilling to invest and having to raise 6 million quid for a training ground of a loss making business - they knew what they were taking on , but I suspect they didn't quite grasp the capital required or how difficult it is to run a club , especially one you love which has most things against it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 194
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Fans Forum

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.