10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
October 25, 2023, 2:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,026
Gold Stars: 387
Well, I am, just back from the hospital having had a colonoscopy ( Everything seems to be ok ). The nurse asked me if I had 'Moviprep' and I said I didn't need it as watching Town v Colchester did the trick.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 98
lew chaterleys lover
October 25, 2023, 2:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,729
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from DB
Well, I am, just back from the hospital having had a colonoscopy ( Everything seems to be ok ). The nurse asked me if I had 'Moviprep' and I said I didn't need it as watching Town v Colchester did the trick.

Thanks for sharing...!
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 98
Les Brechin
October 25, 2023, 2:19pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,713
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from 123614

So you post an interview by someone else.  Are you saying I am lying?

Is that better. Sorry, I thought it was the same interview.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0gnkkrr

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 98
October 25, 2023, 2:36pm
Guest User
Quoted from Les Brechin

Is that better. Sorry, I thought it was the same interview.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0gnkkrr

Thank you.

Reply: 63 - 98
headingly_mariner
October 25, 2023, 5:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,379
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from DB

Hindsight is brilliant but you are wrong. We were told by RH that Hurst would appear, only for Green to appear during the program and not Hurst which was correct at the time I posted. At that time nobody knew if Hurst would appear later or not. He chose to be interviewed after the program ended and you had to search RH to find it.

Think you've misunderstood this. They thought they were getting him on at 10 so stayed on air. The Green interview was in addition, they were never not going to get Hurst and most Tuesdays they don't get him before they go off air.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 98
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 25, 2023, 5:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,696
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from 123614

So you post an interview by someone else.  Are you saying I am lying?

Christ it’s not all about you. His interview with JT was posted on whatever thread but there is always a different post match interview which is loaded on You Tube and all Les did was post this, hardly a reason to suggest he was questioning your honesty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 98
moosey_club
October 25, 2023, 6:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,269
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from moosey_club
First two goals Eastwood heavily to blame for me...First one he started out to go get the ball, stopped, back tracked and beaten by a good finish....if anything he probably hesitated as it was similar to the penalty he conceded Saturday....second goal the ball was just there to be caught..he didn't move...shocking.
The third goal hard to tell from my angle about how bad a deflection it was but it was a fast counter attack, we hadn't sat back, just got caught.
In between all that, a freaky own goal for us, a decent second following good pressure and getting numbers in the box.....but overall,  disjointed First half, brief rally, then aimless punts up.
Hurst second guessing himself now, Eisa in the middle, no natural wide men out wide...always struggling. Put a central midfielder in the middle and a winger out wide and hey presto some success.
Don't think we deserved to lose but didn't deserve to win either but that isn't convincing enough for me and neither is 15 -20 mins of real committed play every game.  

With the benefit of the highlights I think i may have been tough on Eastwood regards the first goal, from my spot it looked like the ball had carried further on the through ball...so I think Maher/Efete could have done better with the closing down...
However ....on the 3rd goal it looks like the deflected ball was alot nearer to Eastwood than I thought on the night.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 98
Gaffer58
October 25, 2023, 7:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Played golf at Waltham Windmill today, disappointed that on the hole near the training ground it appeared empty, was some cars in the car park though, but after last night and the last few games I would have expected to see the squad there going through some training routines, if their not there during this crap run then it may explain some things. Granted it was about 2ish so they’d probably already gone home, don’t want to tire them out before Saturday!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 98
ginnywings
October 25, 2023, 7:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Gaffer58
Played golf at Waltham Windmill today, disappointed that on the hole near the training ground it appeared empty, was some cars in the car park though, but after last night and the last few games I would have expected to see the squad there going through some training routines, if their not there during this crap run then it may explain some things. Granted it was about 2ish so they’d probably already gone home, don’t want to tire them out before Saturday!

The day after a game will be rest and recovery.

Flogging players in training won't make them better and will probably lead to injuries.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 98
October 25, 2023, 7:31pm
Guest User
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Christ it’s not all about you. His interview with JT was posted on whatever thread but there is always a different post match interview which is loaded on You Tube and all Les did was post this, hardly a reason to suggest he was questioning your honesty.

So he apologised later, no actual need for you to stick your oar in.

Reply: 69 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.