10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
October 24, 2023, 9:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,423
Gold Stars: 534
Thanks Paul, for magical memories, But its time to change before things go so bad for you that your legacy is tarnished.

Im gutted, for him, for Us fans, but cant defend this anymore. Not losing to them, A goalkeeper(s) who is worse than the one we’ve let go, a defence that cant defend. Ive never seen a Hurst side like this. Ever.

Did the right thing 2nd half and went for it and got back into it but then just sat off them and you just knew. You knew they would score. Christ knows what Eastwood was doing

Had chances, Missed them of course.

Credit to Green who i thought did very well.

Ive rarely felt like this after football, almost attached to a manager, But this team look excrement scared and I dont believe Hurst can survive this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
AncientExiledMariner
October 24, 2023, 10:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.51
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
I think you summed this up perfectly.

I really saw him turning this around, but after today, it may just need something different. Confidence needs to be rebuilt.

Very deflated right now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 98
DB
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
PH sends Green to talk to JT on RH. Wot Hurst is not available, Doig is not available, Coaches are not available, Club Captain is not available, and Match Captain is not available.

A sh!t performance on the pitch and a worse from the staff fo not turning to talk to JT.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 98
HelensburghMariner

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +37
Gold Stars: 1
Another routine terrible performance from Town.
Reading through other threads I'm not sure how certain individuals can still back Hurst to turn it around!?

Can't defend, can't string even a couple of passes together, can't communicate more importantly though they look as if they don't care

Time for Stockwood & co. to act!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 98
davmariner
October 24, 2023, 10:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Very flat after that. All I can really muster up is Mullarkey and Eastwood shouldn’t be in the team.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 98
moosey_club
October 24, 2023, 10:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,266
Gold Stars: 226
First two goals Eastwood heavily to blame for me...First one he started out to go get the ball, stopped, back tracked and beaten by a good finish....if anything he probably hesitated as it was similar to the penalty he conceded Saturday....second goal the ball was just there to be caught..he didn't move...shocking.
The third goal hard to tell from my angle about how bad a deflection it was but it was a fast counter attack, we hadn't sat back, just got caught.
In between all that, a freaky own goal for us, a decent second following good pressure and getting numbers in the box.....but overall,  disjointed First half, brief rally, then aimless punts up.
Hurst second guessing himself now, Eisa in the middle, no natural wide men out wide...always struggling. Put a central midfielder in the middle and a winger out wide and hey presto some success.
Don't think we deserved to lose but didn't deserve to win either but that isn't convincing enough for me and neither is 15 -20 mins of real committed play every game.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 98
immariner
October 24, 2023, 10:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,413
Gold Stars: 61
Our expected xG for and against must make interesting reading. Does anyone know where I can find this? Would love to know our goals conceded to shots on target faced too. Has to be the worst in the division. We've objectively created the greater chances tonight and effectively lost 3-1. Their keeper's made five saves and Eastwood one. We've been in really good positions around the box and sub-standard passing and finishing has let us down time and time again: Eisa and Gnahoua not quick enough and letting the ball hit them with the goal at their mercy, Rose should do better with a header, Amos's shank with half a dozen teammates to pass to. Gav's hit the post, which was a good save by their keeper. I don't think i've ever known a Town side with such a contrast between the competence in both boxes.

When we've been excrement in League 2 before, we've generally been crap at the back and not created chances at the other end. That's not the case with this team, we've been in virtually every game, if not the side that's created the better chances in most of them. We're just absolutely urine weak at the back, not helped by a keeper who i'm sorry to say does not instil confidence in his defenders
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 98
pontoonlew
October 24, 2023, 10:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,041
Gold Stars: 177
There’s only so many times it can be bad luck.

Hurst has lost the fans now, the clock is now ticking on the owners making a call before the noise turns towards them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 98
ginnywings
October 24, 2023, 10:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Players who looked pretty good at the start of the season now look shell shocked and lost. The keeper instils no confidence whatsoever and we are dithering in defensive and attacking situations, with a prime example being Andrews who just seemed to freeze, lost the ball and as is the case this season, a player hits a hopeful shot, and it's deflected into the corner of the net for what turned out to be the winner.

Another game we have lost by the one goal, and overall we at least deserved a point, but if you have to score 3 goals at home to a bottom 2 side just to get one point, there's something wrong. It's just not working and we look muddled and scared of the ball.

Didn't help having no Clifton and losing Holohan, because if nothing else, they bring energy to the midfield. So we end up with a player whose playing his first half in weeks, alongside Andrews and Conteh, who have about 20 league games experience between them.

The wheels have well and truly come off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 98
HatTrickHero
October 24, 2023, 10:30pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +780
Gold Stars: 25
3 goals conceded from a  bottom 2 side, the 3rd from a player strolling through the middle, AGAIN, for the umpteenth time this season  and we're meant to believe this management team made up entirely of ex-defenders will ever build a solid defensive core for a team?

A clean sheet is a thing of pure fantasy right now, matches are a miserable experience, confidence is shot, it feels like we need a complete reset.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 98
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.