Hagrid
October 25, 2023, 11:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,436
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
  Despite losing 3-0 at home to Salford last night Donney had 20 shots at goal. Would a similar number of shots trouble our poor defence and keeper?  

well we had 19 so we're bound to lose in a high scoring game again
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 98
October 25, 2023, 1:03pm
Guest User
Quoted from DB
PH sends Green to talk to JT on RH. Wot Hurst is not available, Doig is not available, Coaches are not available, Club Captain is not available, and Match Captain is not available.

A sh!t performance on the pitch and a worse from the staff fo not turning to talk to JT.

Wrong, PH was interviewed by JT after the match.

Reply: 51 - 98
Limerick Mariner
October 25, 2023, 1:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 136

I think Maringer on another thread has the answer to Eastwood. Maybe we thought Cartwright would be number 1 with him being highly rated at Hull, but it hasn't materialised.

The two keeper plan has failed, if that is why Crocombe left it’s a massive blunder. As was letting Orsi go.

All told the squad building in the summer has failed, it’s down to PH, he knows that and I think that’s behind what he was saying last night. They are not all bad players, some are good enough for a play-off challenging side, but we are unbalanced, lack options outside the preferred one up front system (that worked well with Taylor and McAtee at their best), and McAtee hasn’t been replaced so even the preferred system lacks the most important lynchpin.

I’m more concerned now than in previous bad runs because of the problems at GK and at the back. We don’t look like grinding out any 1-0s…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 98
The_Laughing_Mariner
October 25, 2023, 1:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Its worth remembering that Eastwood, Mullarky and Rogers were all in teams that were relegated last season.  They have come to Town believing that we are in an upward trajectory.  With all the leads squandered, last minute goals costing lots of points, it must feel like deja vu, no wonder they have lost a bit of form.
The whole team, whilst trying hard, no complaints about workrate, look dejected, disjointed and demoralised.  
Also, it was recognised that our first fixtures were against the expected better teams, and generally played well, but the afore mentioned squandered leads and  dropped points have affected morale and form, so much so that going into the easier fixtures our dreadful form has continued.
We need a few confidence boosting  wins, preferably at Donny and Slough, if we don't, then I'm afraid Hurst will be gone.
UTM

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 98
Les Brechin
October 25, 2023, 1:35pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,713
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from 123614

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 98
Rodley Mariner
October 25, 2023, 1:47pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Rodgers is the biggest drop off for me. Rodgers looked absolute class in his first few games. First few he looked strong, combative, decent on the ball but he just looks all over the show at the minute and desperately lacking in any confidence. Maybe it is a hangover from last season but he looks like he needs taking out of the firing line to me. I'd be tempted to go with a back four of Efete, Waterfall, Maher and Amos on Saturday with Conteh and Green in front of them. Christ knows what you do in goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 98
davmariner
October 25, 2023, 1:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Rodgers is the biggest drop off for me. Rodgers looked absolute class in his first few games. First few he looked strong, combative, decent on the ball but he just looks all over the show at the minute and desperately lacking in any confidence. Maybe it is a hangover from last season but he looks like he needs taking out of the firing line to me. I'd be tempted to go with a back four of Efete, Waterfall, Maher and Amos on Saturday with Conteh and Green in front of them. Christ knows what you do in goal.

Good point on Rodgers who has been largely disappointing recently (and was at fault for the first goal yesterday by charging in and getting caught out of possession). Reverting to the back four of last season makes sense.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 98
lew chaterleys lover
October 25, 2023, 1:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,729
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

The two keeper plan has failed, if that is why Crocombe left it’s a massive blunder. As was letting Orsi go.

All told the squad building in the summer has failed, it’s down to PH, he knows that and I think that’s behind what he was saying last night. They are not all bad players, some are good enough for a play-off challenging side, but we are unbalanced, lack options outside the preferred one up front system (that worked well with Taylor and McAtee at their best), and McAtee hasn’t been replaced so even the preferred system lacks the most important lynchpin.

I’m more concerned now than in previous bad runs because of the problems at GK and at the back. We don’t look like grinding out any 1-0s…

And this is the last group of players I would choose to fight a relegation battle. They didn't expect to be in one, and they won't be able to handle it.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 98
October 25, 2023, 1:58pm
Guest User
Quoted from Les Brechin

So you post an interview by someone else.  Are you saying I am lying?

Reply: 58 - 98
DB
October 25, 2023, 2:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,026
Gold Stars: 387
Quoted from 123614

Quoted from DB
PH sends Green to talk to JT on RH. Wot Hurst is not available, Doig is not available, Coaches are not available, Club Captain is not available, and Match Captain is not available.

A sh!t performance on the pitch and a worse from the staff fo not turning to talk to JT.

Hindsight is brilliant but you are wrong. We were told by RH that Hurst would appear, only for Green to appear during the program and not Hurst which was correct at the time I posted. At that time nobody knew if Hurst would appear later or not. He chose to be interviewed after the program ended and you had to search RH to find it.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.