1mickylyons
October 24, 2023, 10:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from DB
PH sends Green to talk to JT on RH. Wot Hurst is not available, Doig is not available, Coaches are not available, Club Captain is not available, and Match Captain is not available.

A sh!t performance on the pitch and a worse from the staff fo not turning to talk to JT.

Spineless pretty much sums up his team too be honest. Defeats like that at home get Manager's the sack Hurst will know that and 1878 need to put him and the fans out there misery.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 98
1mickylyons
October 24, 2023, 10:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club
First two goals Eastwood heavily to blame for me...First one he started out to go get the ball, stopped, back tracked and beaten by a good finish....if anything he probably hesitated as it was similar to the penalty he conceded Saturday....second goal the ball was just there to be caught..he didn't move...shocking.
The third goal hard to tell from my angle about how bad a deflection it was but it was a fast counter attack, we hadn't sat back, just got caught.
In between all that, a freaky own goal for us, a decent second following good pressure and getting numbers in the box.....but overall,  disjointed First half, brief rally, then aimless punts up.
Hurst second guessing himself now, Eisa in the middle, no natural wide men out wide...always struggling. Put a central midfielder in the middle and a winger out wide and hey presto some success.
Don't think we deserved to lose but didn't deserve to win either but that isn't convincing enough for me and neither is 15 -20 mins of real committed play every game.  

Good post overall but sorry mate you defend like that against a team in the bottom two you deserve to lose alright.Out thought and out fought that's as bad a result as you can get.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 98
AncientExiledMariner
October 24, 2023, 10:36pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.51
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Spineless pretty much sums up his team too be honest. Defeats like that at home get Manager's the sack Hurst will know that and 1878 need to put him and the fans out there misery.

Edit: ignore. He took the interview.

I don't think he is. Something is going on. Either he or 1978 have made a decision already. Speculation of course, but this isn't normal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 98
1mickylyons
October 24, 2023, 10:39pm
Special Brew Drinker

I don't think he is. Something is going on. Either he or 1978 have made a decision already. Speculation of course, but this isn't normal.

Not sure what you mean? All I can tell you looking across from the Upper with 15 mins to go the manager and coaching staff didn't look like guys under pressure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 98
heppy88
October 24, 2023, 10:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
That first half ‘performance’ was one of the worst I’ve seen. You could understand it better if we were playing a team higher up the table away from home. But it was Colchester at home FFS! Credit to Green who single handily turned things around for 20 minutes in the second half, but it takes more than one man to win a game. To be honest under a better manager, coaches  these players could be alright. Most on here we’re happy with the signings at the beginning of the season, it’s just Hurst and Doig have a knack of squeezing any skill, flair and confidence out of them at this time of the year every season. I just don’t believe on these performances they can turn this around.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 98
headingly_mariner
October 24, 2023, 10:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,380
Gold Stars: 116
It's a strange game football. Gone in behind, after really struggling when Holohan went off.
Then we've come out with a change of shape and had a right go, they're clearly still playing for him, but small mistakes keep costing us. Not sure what the intercourse Andrews is playing at on the half way line for the their winner, he's half decent on the ball but I think he's way off, I'd like to see Hunt in front of him.

We didn't sit back 2nd half we just got nailed on the break.

Bizarrely all that talk about needing a striker and it's turned out he was already here. Wilson looks a real threat, pins his man and seems to be a decent finisher, which is strange because his scoring record is shite.

I know I'm in a very small minority, but I'd be keeping Hurst and I think this is a real bad spell, but a spell all the same. I can see why people want a change, I don't know why people have to be girl privates about it though, if he goes he deserves to go without getting loads of excrement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 98
1mickylyons
October 24, 2023, 10:52pm
Special Brew Drinker
Green the only positive tonight .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 98
Maringer
October 24, 2023, 10:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,542
Gold Stars: 185
That was as shambolic a first-half performance as I've seen for some time.

A Keystone Kops moment from their keeper to gift us the lead, but we let them right back into it with sloppy defending soon afterward. A good ball and run down the wing, but Eastwood missed a chance to come out to clear and the two defenders who got back didn't attempt to close down the player or block the shot - I presume they thought he would try to wait for support and cross it. Great finish from their striker, admittedly.

The second was obviously dodgy from Eastwood. One of those ones where he was caught out as the corner missed everybody at the near post and it practically bounced off their player to go in. He should obviously have done better with that one but I'm of the view that he's an 'unlucky' sort of a keeper as well. Almost every time he does something which is slightly sub-par, it leads to a goal and, even if he hasn't done much wrong, the ball often ends up in the net without him having a chance to make a save, as with thir winner. We've all seen keepers miss a cross and the ball gets scrambled away, but every time he makes an error, it's a goal.

Much improved in the second half following the introduction of Green who added some much-needed physicality and bite into midfield (and a some good bits of play here and there as well). Also helped that the utterly useless Mullarkey went off. I think he's just about adequate at full-back (though slow and also surprisingly weak on the ball for a big guy), but he was beyond dismal as a sort of 'wing-back'.

Another good finish from Wilson who looks to be a good sort of a 'fox in the box' (I'm less than convinced by his all-round forward play at the moment), but we then, of course, gave away another stupid goal which proved to be decisive. Because we miss lots of chances - open goals, especially. Another two missed this evening, so that's another point gone after the potential for three against Accrington when Eisa missed another tap-in.

I suspect Hurst will get the chance to continue as manager until the weekend, at least. A loss to Donny would surely be the final straw as, perhaps, would be a draw.

Whoever is in charge come the January transfer window, I certainly hope they will so something about the squad's terrible lack of pace throughout. Their front three caused us all sorts of problems by simply moving forward with the ball at pace and it's not something we're even remotely capable of.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 98
LH
October 24, 2023, 10:57pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,528
Gold Stars: 173
Hurst didn’t really bother clapping the fans afterwards (I mean I get why) but even in disappointing circumstances he still usually does. The players look devoid of confidence which is very concerning. I just hope we haven’t blown all the cup money in that one window more than anything - we need so much investment again.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 98
davmariner
October 24, 2023, 10:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from LH
Hurst didn’t really bother clapping the fans afterwards (I mean I get why) but even in disappointing circumstances he still usually does. The players look devoid of confidence which is very concerning. I just hope we haven’t blown all the cup money in that one window more than anything - we need so much investment again.

He was clapping at the end to be fair.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.