toontown
October 24, 2023, 11:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,280
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from LH
Hurst didn’t really bother clapping the fans afterwards (I mean I get why) but even in disappointing circumstances he still usually does. The players look devoid of confidence which is very concerning. I just hope we haven’t blown all the cup money in that one window more than anything - we need so much investment again.

I thought the opposite, I think he suspected that was times up at BP and he was giving a last clap for old times sake. I'd booed at the end of the game but I did give him a clap at that point, as thanks for what's gone before. I don't think he'll be in charge at home again, even if he just maybe gets the Donny game (he shouldn't do).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 98
LH
October 24, 2023, 11:09pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,534
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from davmariner

He was clapping at the end to be fair.

Yes he did - but very much a clap so he didn’t get excrement for not doing it. Might as well have clap clap fished!
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 98
easypeersy
October 24, 2023, 11:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
How has it come to this?
We were all so buoyant at the start of the season.
Seemingly  good signings.
Reasonable start.
Something to build on.
All of a sudden winning away matches and then ending up with draws.
A fluke goal by Crawley and 97th winner.
Suddenly confidence drops like a stone.
Crowd, including me go quiet at home matches expecting it to be bad but hoping it isn’t.
Performances get worse - Accrington, Colchester.
Well..
It just seems like one hammer blow after another.
I personally think our luck has been dire but so has the manager.
Hopefully luck will change but what about the manager?
Would his P45 being issued resolve this situation?
And what about a few words from our Chairmen - gone all quiet!
It’s very worrying!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 98
TAGG
October 24, 2023, 11:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,947
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from ginnywings
Players who looked pretty good at the start of the season now look shell shocked and lost. The keeper instils no confidence whatsoever and we are dithering in defensive and attacking situations, with a prime example being Andrews who just seemed to freeze, lost the ball and as is the case this season, a player hits a hopeful shot, and it's deflected into the corner of the net for what turned out to be the winner.

Another game we have lost by the one goal, and overall we at least deserved a point, but if you have to score 3 goals at home to a bottom 2 side just to get one point, there's something wrong. It's just not working and we look muddled and scared of the ball.

Didn't help having no Clifton and losing Holohan, because if nothing else, they bring energy to the midfield. So we end up with a player whose playing his first half in weeks, alongside Andrews and Conteh, who have about 20 league games experience between them.

The wheels have well and truly come off.

Hurst is an idiot
Started with 3 at the back with two wingback on Saturday and we were all over the place and absolutely excrement.
Changes the formation at half time and we were back in the game.
So what does he do tonight, starts with a back 3 with wing backs and we were fuking excrement surprisingly enough.
Changes at halfvtime and were back in the game.
Way to go Hurst, you have made yeself look a proper mug.
Sack the buffoon in the morning.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 98
Theimperialcoroner
October 25, 2023, 1:13am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,212
Gold Stars: 102
A tale of two keepers. Theirs makes several decent and a couple of world class saves, ours makes Tommy Forecast look like Schmeichal.
Something has to happen there or we’re copulated. Maybe it is a chance for Cartwright to shine. He really cannot be any worse can he?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 98
sam gy
October 25, 2023, 2:27am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
The players looked absolutely clueless in that first half.

Why play Mullarkey, who apparently has played most of his career as a CB, as a RWB, and Efete who has played most of his career as a RB (with going forward his main attribute), as a CB?

Eisa is totally lost if he’s not out wide.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 98
headingly_mariner
October 25, 2023, 6:49am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,379
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from TAGG

Hurst is an idiot
Started with 3 at the back with two wingback on Saturday and we were all over the place and absolutely excrement.
Changes the formation at half time and we were back in the game.
So what does he do tonight, starts with a back 3 with wing backs and we were fuking excrement surprisingly enough.
Changes at halfvtime and were back in the game.
Way to go Hurst, you have made yeself look a proper mug.
Sack the buffoon in the morning.

He didn't change formation on Saturday. We played well with 3 at the back. He switched Mullarkey and Efete at half time but didn't change formation.
The change tonight was a really positive one, it just don't get what it deserved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 98
It Bites
October 25, 2023, 7:06am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,227
Gold Stars: 265
As Greeny said in his interview, it’s a results business now …. Well let’s face it the last 30 home games have not been entertainment and the results haven’t been great . The Hartlepool game last season was the moment PH had lost me tbh but I kept trying to believe. Any other club would of pulled the trigger by now and if we don’t do it soon we are relegated Again .

Under Fenty the ground was a dump and we had no Hope in the EFL

Under 1878 the ground/training ground/pitch have improved but on the pitch we have no Hope in the EFL

My conclusion is that Grimsby Town FC are now a yo yo club between the national league and League 2 , it’s where we are now sadly .
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 98
golfer
October 25, 2023, 7:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,445
Gold Stars: 116
You need guts and players who will give their all for the team. To me we only seem to have Hollohan Clifton Waterfall and Green who fit the requirements
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 98
DaleH
October 25, 2023, 7:15am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from moosey_club
second goal the ball was just there to be caught..he didn't move  

We must have seen a different second goal then. Because he does move. In completely the wrong direction.

He moves from the centre of his goal line to his near post. Where there was already players stood to cover that area.

Instead he should have travelled in the direction of the 6 yard box line, which is where the ball was heading towards, to cut that cross out.

A complete poor misjudgement on the flight of that ball. Eastwood is not a GK I feel at all confident in.

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.