Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › the Big Match thread
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

the Big Match thread

This thread currently has 15,122 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
October 10, 2023, 10:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Ah, I see, we played tonight, in a competition nobody cares about.

Who gives a flipping rats bottom whether we won 30-0 or lost 30-0. Tonight’s game was nothing more than a friendly. This complete over reaction to a defeat of any kind is tiring to be honest, even more so in a game that literally doesn’t matter…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 167
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 10, 2023, 10:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,764
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from aldi_01
Ah, I see, we played tonight, in a competition nobody cares about.

Who gives a flipping rats bottom whether we won 30-0 or lost 30-0. Tonight’s game was nothing more than a friendly. This complete over reaction to a defeat of any kind is tiring to be honest, even more so in a game that literally doesn’t matter…

Doesn’t matter to me and my observations have nothing to do with tonight’s performance ( which I know nothing about other than the result as I’ve been out) but listening to Hurst’s after match interview on Humberside it is pretty evident our performance certainly mattered to him so it appears it was bit more than a friendly to him!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 167
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 10, 2023, 11:00pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 122
With people saying now is the time for change at the top, there are several good managers without a job at the moment, who could be tempted with a decent budget, BUT they would still have to work with all the underachieving players that we have turning out week on week.
It looks like we need a Manager who has contacts further than his former teams, and who is a world away from Mr 'lets google to see who is without a team' Holloway
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 167
marinerjase
October 10, 2023, 11:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,678
Gold Stars: 147
Playing devils advocate - must be hard to get motivated when playing in front of no-one, in a competition that, in reality..means nothing. Furthermore not wanting to get injured/risk injury..

That said..I watched tonight, and although will concede the result is largely irrelevant - it wasn’t great by any stretch of the imagination. Disappointing from a few, who seemed to be going through the motions..when individuals have a chance to get themselves back in consideration towards the ‘starting eleven’

I’m not overly convinced our squad is as good as some think, certainly have lots of room for improvement in many areas ..passing, concentration, even organisation. Not sure I’ve seen a Hurst side concede so many poor goals, very unlike his sides. Still think we look lethargic:leggy also - maybe that’s confidence etc but not sure we press as well as last season.

Not all doom and gloom..Bramwell more experience and the young striker got a few minutes.

Hope we can get a few back for Saturday, get the impression a couple think it’s 3 points in the bag because it’s Accrington..I suspect it’s going to be a battle to get the said 3 points. Be interesting to see what attendance is also..

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 167
ginnywings
October 10, 2023, 11:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Hurst looks very dejected in this interview. Says what some have said on here. Better quality players, but the overall package isn't there.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 167
AncientExiledMariner
October 11, 2023, 12:27am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from ginnywings
Hurst looks very dejected in this interview. Says what some have said on here. Better quality players, but the overall package isn't there.

He's mentioned before about players maybe not taking information on, and wanted to change a few things more than he did. I think he's quite drunk off with a few players, and I think it may explain why he trusts some players and not others. I think he's sometimes dropping players to get them to kick on and improve on some issues. Hopefully they take it on board. He clearly has high standards, and I don't think he's going to stop with this until he see what he wants to see.

I think the ones we see on the bench on Saturday with either be carrying something and not at full fitness, or haven't done enough to fight their way into the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 167
arryarryarry
October 11, 2023, 4:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from marinerjase
Playing devils advocate - must be hard to get motivated when playing in front of no-one, in a competition that, in reality..means nothing. Furthermore not wanting to get injured/risk injury..

That said..I watched tonight, and although will concede the result is largely irrelevant - it wasn’t great by any stretch of the imagination. Disappointing from a few, who seemed to be going through the motions..when individuals have a chance to get themselves back in consideration towards the ‘starting eleven’

I’m not overly convinced our squad is as good as some think, certainly have lots of room for improvement in many areas ..passing, concentration, even organisation. Not sure I’ve seen a Hurst side concede so many poor goals, very unlike his sides. Still think we look lethargic:leggy also - maybe that’s confidence etc but not sure we press as well as last season.

Not all doom and gloom..Bramwell more experience and the young striker got a few minutes.

Hope we can get a few back for Saturday, get the impression a couple think it’s 3 points in the bag because it’s Accrington..I suspect it’s going to be a battle to get the said 3 points. Be interesting to see what attendance is also..

Didn't seem to bother Bradford, who clearly wanted to win that game.
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 167
MuddyWaters
October 11, 2023, 6:08am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from arryarryarry

Didn't seem to bother Bradford, who clearly wanted to win that game.

If your win success rate is 20% (now less than that) this season, then you should want to win pretty badly.
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 167
aldi_01
October 11, 2023, 6:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
With people saying now is the time for change at the top, there are several good managers without a job at the moment, who could be tempted with a decent budget, BUT they would still have to work with all the underachieving players that we have turning out week on week.
It looks like we need a Manager who has contacts further than his former teams, and who is a world away from Mr 'lets google to see who is without a team' Holloway

They’re all out of work for a reason…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 167
MuddyWaters
October 11, 2023, 6:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from aldi_01

They’re all out of work for a reason…

How many more games would you give Hurst to turn this around?

We seem to have several players who don’t appear to be giving their all and that’s never a good thing.
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 167
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › the Big Match thread

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.