Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › the Big Match thread
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

the Big Match thread

This thread currently has 15,117 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
AncientExiledMariner
October 10, 2023, 9:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from golfer
That was the most disgraceful performance I have seen since Ragarse Rovers lost 12 -0 to Nunny Infants. Not one player deserves to be called a footballer. How Hurst can pick a team for Saturday out of the FIT squad on the books I'll never know. I am totally embarrassed.

Back in my day, players use to play 8 matches a week and still get drunk down the pub after.

If these pansies cannot get their leg broken Monday lunch and still be bothered to play by teatime, it's pathetic, and every staff member should be fired. Doris the tea lady also, because if she was good, her tea would have got 65 goals out of Pyke by now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 167
denni266
October 10, 2023, 9:53pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +697
Gold Stars: 132
The buck stops with hurst, They play to his rul
es and it is not working . Time for stock  and pet to act before its too late
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 167
mariner91
October 10, 2023, 9:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,747
Gold Stars: 262
There are some incessant and irritating posters on here who are negative about everything and seem to want Town to lose so they get to moan and say I told you so.

But what’s even more irritating is the handful of holier than thou posters who won’t allow any form of criticism. Despite the fact we’re well into October and have managed 3 wins from 14 games. And generally look a bit crap.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 167
golfer
October 10, 2023, 9:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
The way I feel at the moment everybody I know is shite , even next doors dog
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 167
It Bites
October 10, 2023, 9:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,208
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from mariner91
There are some incessant and irritating posters on here who are negative about everything and seem to want Town to lose so they get to moan and say I told you so.

But what’s even more irritating is the handful of holier than thou posters who won’t allow any form of criticism. Despite the fact we’re well into October and have managed 3 wins from 14 games. And generally look a bit crap.

I still haven’t got a clue what our set up is . It’s dreadful to watch what ever it is .
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 167
MuddyWaters
October 10, 2023, 9:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from mariner91

Well said. We’ve become a little bit 💩 and it’s a worry.

Private Message
Reply: 75 - 167
AncientExiledMariner
October 10, 2023, 10:01pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from mariner91

I don't think folk mind constructive criticism, but usually the posts that get some response are usually in the format of:

"This is a problem, nothing gonna get fixed. Act now and sack Hurst." When you follow it like that, you negate the criticism, because the post is a crusade to fire a competent manager. Usually it's the same handful of posters.

I never used to bother posting here, but this sea of negativity pulls me in and someone gotta respond. You let that negativity sit in, then you jump on the managerial merry go round throwing money into compensation, and watch the club slide down the table year by year until you end up back in the conference. intercourse being back in the conference. I never want to see it again. I want to build, progress and rise up the leagues.

If you want to know how negative this place is, denni has 8 upvotes and 5 downvotes for sacking the manager. Wtf.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 167
LH
October 10, 2023, 10:20pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,596
Gold Stars: 175
I couldn’t give two shites about the Pizza Cup but I saw Osadebe’s goal via Twitter tonight and can’t believe the lack of effort to try and prevent it. I’m rapidly losing interest in this season already.
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 167
Teestogreen
October 10, 2023, 10:24pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
Town have started a good run in the league - 4 points from a possible 6 -  hoping for a win on Saturday to continue it

UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 167
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 10, 2023, 10:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,764
Gold Stars: 81
I’m not advocating for Hurst to be sacked but like many others I find it difficult to identify the style of football we are trying to play and frustrated by our lack of attacking intensity in home matches.

I would also add that should Hurst go he is not an impossible act to follow as some posters imply. Changing Managers is always a risk but there are alaways a number of decent candidates available and they don’t have to be chosen from the so called “Managers Merry Go Round”. Did the Ipswich manager have any great pedigree before being appointed, or Plymouths ? even Lincoln’s is doing a decent job despite never being a Manager previously. A lot of good young coaches wanting to play attractive front foot football so should the board decide change is required at some time in the future than I would be hopeful that the new board would select PH’s replacement wisely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 167
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › the Big Match thread

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.