Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › the Big Match thread
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

the Big Match thread

This thread currently has 15,121 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
chipsandgravy
October 10, 2023, 9:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
I know its a sh1te competition but I am not sure if were suffering from a lack of confidence or talent or both but that was ruddy awful again. Too many performances like tonight are racking up. Dont want to join all the hysterical ones that inhabit the board when we lose but something clearly isnt right at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 167
Teestogreen
October 10, 2023, 9:33pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
‘Put your hands on your hips
Got to let your backbone slip’

UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 167
promotion plaice
October 10, 2023, 9:35pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,080
Gold Stars: 200

Biggest positive tonight, we're out of the competition.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 167
Madeleymariner
October 10, 2023, 9:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Madeleymariner
What have we learnt so far tonight :-
Maher should not play at right back again.
Hurst does not expect to use anyone but Michee at left back from now on this season.
Our centre forward is completely isolated as per.
Hunt can pass a ball but everything else passes him by
When Halliday plays at right back Eisa may as well be sat in the stands (look back a few weeks to the away game as well)
Bramwell looks like a decent prospect
Cartwrights positioning leaves a little to be desired.
How sad that when he brings  Gardner on later, he will also be left isolated up front

Oops sorry I am supposed to say, wow were doing really well with so many injuries and we are about to see a tactical masterclass by Hursty.
UTM

My mistake  he brings Gardner on as left winger and leaves our centre forward isolated as per
Brings back 11 players for corners despite still losing with 10mins to go.
Keep the red crosses coming as I know lots of you love watching shot football with shot tactics, tin pot trophy or not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 167
Northbank Mariner
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
I'm sorry, I hate this comp in its current guise and the fact the EFL have sold their soul to the greed of the PL but whatever game town play in I expect some kind of performance.
Another game at home where our keeper is the busier of the 2 teams. Hurst put out a relatively strong team there yet Bradford outfought, outplayed and outwitted us.
At what point do say its not good enough?...we seem to be getting weaker and increasingly poor as each game passes. Somewhere the tactics, set up, information, are all wrong, and tonight I saw frustration creeping in with the players, first time it almost felt they lacked any kind of belief. I'm genuinely starting to worry that our confidence is getting shot to pieces and we'll struggle to turn it around.
Oh, and Cartwright is genuinely not an upgrade on Battersby, not a chance the lad will break through and threaten Eastwood.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 167
golfer
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
That was the most disgraceful performance I have seen since Ragarse Rovers lost 12 -0 to Nunny Infants. Not one player deserves to be called a footballer. How Hurst can pick a team for Saturday out of the FIT squad on the books I'll never know. I am totally embarrassed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 167
Wedidntdidwe
October 10, 2023, 9:42pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +377
Gold Stars: 22
I thought we were boycotting this competition so it's OK for the fans not to turn up but then moan when the players don't.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 167
It Bites
October 10, 2023, 9:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,207
Gold Stars: 266
That was poor . Too many players out of position and the passing was embarrassing really
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 167
golfer
October 10, 2023, 9:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from promotion plaice

Biggest positive tonight, we're out of the competition.

Biggest positive tonight is that we are utterly and totally shite. We have had shite served up to us all season and now it is time for our owners to do something about it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 167
MuddyWaters
October 10, 2023, 9:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Wedidntdidwe
I thought we were boycotting this competition so it's OK for the fans not to turn up but then moan when the players don't.    

It’s the general malaise that concerns me. Our form seems to fall down a hole at this time of every season. We have no discernible shape or formation and, seemingly, no leaders on the pitch.

I was genuinely enthused by most of our signings but we are genuinely getting worse.
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 167
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › the Big Match thread

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.