15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
September 11, 2023, 1:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,698
Gold Stars: 540
Let's face it, 100% of the people who are singing those songs will have absolutely no idea the meaning behind them!

I'm not defending them because it's a moronic chant, but they might as well be singing Nellie the Elephant.  
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 144
diehardmariner
September 11, 2023, 1:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,698
Gold Stars: 540

Easy mistake to make but:

Tommy Wright - jumped and ‘sprinted’ like he was wearing Lederhosen. Like an early joypad where he could only manipulate himself in vertical or horizontal lines - no diagonal movement, but in those leather pants, who would?

Lee Peacock - like Gareth Barry had a really heavy stag do and woke up like a hermit crab trapped in a Ming vase. Ran like if the porcelain cracked the crowd would see he was actually tied stark bòllock naked to a telegraph pole. Pigeon chested but in a pointy way - nipples suspiciously close together, if boss-eyed nipples are a thing. Right footed. No eyebrows.

Very good!
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 144
TheRealJohnLewis
September 11, 2023, 1:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
There's nothing more ridiculous than the pathetic sectarian conflict Rangers and Celtic supporters engage in. More so as it is based on archaic institutions and religion rather than actual football or even location.

I would say that there is one more ridiculous thing: non Rangers and Celtic fans supporting these teams like a 2nd team!

Private Message
Reply: 72 - 144
HatTrickHero
September 11, 2023, 3:14pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +781
Gold Stars: 25

Fair enough.

Holohan - glides across the turf like someone who knows he’s going to miss the bus, but isn’t going to go full pelt in case he misses it and he looks like a missed-bus-wänker. Mr Soft from the Trebor Softmints advert. Dark hair. Right footed. One ‘a’ in surname but two in his gavan name.

Clifton - like a jerky Duracell bunny. As if he’s working in the docks and has spotted some worms in a box of cod that’s being sent out to Yorkshire. Doesn’t know whether to leave it and let it go, or get his tweezers out to pluck the wriggly fückers out. Right-footed and hair the colour of pre-harvest rice terraces.

Rose - spends most of his time springing around like a Thomson’s gazelle or writhing around on the floor like one of Clifton’s cod worms. Bustling running style like he’s off to post a letter whilst licking the envelope at the same time. One man dervish. Hair the colour of sea otter pelt with a lovely springy bounce. Karl-Heinz Riedle of the the lower leagues.

Please, a little late in the day I know but I'd appreciate a detailed description of the oddly-waddling Rob Eagle from way back.
Just for archival purposes, like.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 144
Limerick Mariner
September 11, 2023, 3:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,743
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from HatTrickHero

Please, a little late in the day I know but I'd appreciate a detailed description of the oddly-waddling Rob Eagle from way back.
Just for archival purposes, like.

While we are about it, although of different eras, but how could one tell the difference between Clive Wiggington, Paul Futcher and Mark Lever…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 144
Croxton
September 11, 2023, 3:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 34

Fair enough.

Holohan - glides across the turf like someone who knows he’s going to miss the bus, but isn’t going to go full pelt in case he misses it and he looks like a missed-bus-wänker. Mr Soft from the Trebor Softmints advert. Dark hair. Right footed. One ‘a’ in surname but two in his gavan name.

Clifton - like a jerky Duracell bunny. As if he’s working in the docks and has spotted some worms in a box of cod that’s being sent out to Yorkshire. Doesn’t know whether to leave it and let it go, or get his tweezers out to pluck the wriggly fückers out. Right-footed and hair the colour of pre-harvest rice terraces.

Rose - spends most of his time springing around like a Thomson’s gazelle or writhing around on the floor like one of Clifton’s cod worms. Bustling running style like he’s off to post a letter whilst licking the envelope at the same time. One man dervish. Hair the colour of sea otter pelt with a lovely springy bounce. Karl-Heinz Riedle of the the lower leagues.

I'll make it plain seeing as you only choose to continue your class clown riff for your fanboys.

Where was the evidence that fishy posters could not identify POC's?
Where do you stand on using colour of boots as mentioned by Aldi and myself?
Why ignore the OP's title thread 'Sectarian Chanting'?
Why adopt the racist? trope about Gladstone Small's neck and Sandi Toksvig (misogyny?) to get a laugh?

If you are going to use humour to mock fellow posters and players then you have to tread carefully. I am sure you disapproved of some of the Twitter comments when Andrews signed.  I am equally sure you have a more serious alter ego more appropriate for debating these issues.

Edit :-

Gladstone Small had Kippel Fell syndrome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladstone_Small
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 144
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
September 11, 2023, 4:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Croxton

Where was the evidence that fishy posters could not identify POC's?  Posts 25, 26, 28 and 30 on this thread. None of those posts are racist or imply racism - they just point out that some fans do struggle to identify our players

Where do you stand on using colour of boots as mentioned by Aldi and myself? I wouldn’t wear non-black boots personally

Why ignore the OP's title thread 'Sectarian Chanting'?
I didn’t. See post 10

Why adopt the racist? trope about Gladstone Small's neck and Sandi Toksvig (misogyny?) to get a laugh? There is no evidence - that I have seen - that Klippel-Feil syndrome affects POC more than other ethnicities. Likewise, Sandi Toksvig does have high shoulders relative to her neck. Whilst that may be offensive, I’m not sure it is misogyny.

If you are going to use humour to mock fellow posters and players then you have to tread carefully. I am sure you disapproved of some of the Twitter comments when Andrews signed.I did disapprove but I also gold starred Woz’s post. I apologise for this moment of weakness.

Edit :-

Gladstone Small had Kippel Fell syndrome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladstone_Small

Noted re Klippel-Feil (I think Kippel Fell is a Wainwright) and I shall wind my neck in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 144
Azimuth
September 11, 2023, 5:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +709
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from ginnywings
It takes a brave man to challenge or shout down a mob of racists who are quick to violence.

You hear casual racism on a daily basis, especially at football matches and would spend half your life in arguments if you challenged every time.

Starts at the top, and many countries, ourselves included, are governed by right wing parties nowadays, which is alarming and history shows it rarely ends well.

The government spout right wing and racist bollox all the time. It's insidious.

The Government who are lead by a man of Asian decent, the first ethnic minority leader our country has ever had!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 144
Croxton
September 11, 2023, 6:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 34
[quote=140633][/quote]

Line drawn with sharp pencil and old school ruler.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 144
ginnywings
September 11, 2023, 7:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Azimuth

The Government who are lead by a man of Asian decent, the first ethnic minority leader our country has ever had!

Asian descent, yes.

Decent Asian, no.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 144
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Sectarian Chanting

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.