Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Sectarian Chanting
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Sectarian Chanting

This thread currently has 10,937 views. Print
15 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
September 13, 2023, 3:35pm
Guest User

The demographics of Grimsby for one. Predominantly white. You'll know that when you go a Grimsby game. Of those, those defending racism, yeah, I'm pretty confident. Have you got any evidence those arguing against aren't white?

I didn't make a sweeping generalisation, you did.  You specifically said 'but those defending racism on a Grimsby forum tend to be white.'  Do you know the race of every single person on this forum, I doubt it.

Reply: 130 - 144
AncientExiledMariner
September 13, 2023, 3:39pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.51
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from 123614

I didn't make a sweeping generalisation, you did.  You specifically said 'but those defending racism on a Grimsby forum tend to be white.'  Do you know the race of every single person on this forum, I doubt it.

Attachment: sealion_5846.jpeg
Size: 612.83 KB

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 144
grimsby pete
September 13, 2023, 3:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Having travelled a great deal in my time I have found that people of any race are just the same as us .

There are good , bad and a few racists but the vast majority are kind and helpful to anybody in need.

Having spent my first 39 years in Grimsby/ Cleethorpes I know now we were almost all white and ignorant of racism .

Working along side and living near people from other countries opened my eyes to how different to GRIMSBY it was.

Up to Tony Ford playing for town we did not have a black player in the squad now there are plenty of players from all over the globe improving our team.

There is a simple saying , do to others as you would want them to do to you.

Life is too short for petty arguments based on where your grandad was born.

At the moment we have carers coming into our home to care for my wife they are all very friendly and helpful and are all from Romania thanks to them my wife is getting the care she needs that I am unable to give her.

The NHS. would be lost if people who come from different backgrounds and countries around the world decided they don't want to live in our love!y country.

So think on , one day you might need them and you will be grateful for their kindness and care.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 144
September 13, 2023, 3:42pm
Guest User

Pretty pictures, very nice.  "Yawn"

Reply: 133 - 144
LH
September 13, 2023, 3:49pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,534
Gold Stars: 173
Bear: you want a trusted source for everything except things that back up your own opinions.

When I said on the transfer thread that Cartwright was signing as I was told by one of his close friends he was you wouldn’t accept that as a good source. Yet you quite happily accepted a far right website’s claims that parts of Luton were no go areas for non muslims before we played them.

At least be consistent.
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 144
tanga_the_indestructible
September 13, 2023, 4:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +620
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from 123614

Come on, mate, you must know this is a laughable argument, right? You've been to Grimsby matches and seen how few POC there are? In the last census in 2021, there were 2000 brown/black people in Grimsby out of a population of 86,000 and in Cleethorpes, whose population is a little under 30,000, there was just over 500 POC registered. My maths is crap, but I make that about 2% of the population.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 144
September 13, 2023, 4:16pm
Guest User
Quoted from LH
Bear: you want a trusted source for everything except things that back up your own opinions.

When I said on the transfer thread that Cartwright was signing as I was told by one of his close friends he was you wouldn’t accept that as a good source. Yet you quite happily accepted a far right website’s claims that parts of Luton were no go areas for non muslims before we played them.

At least be consistent.

I did say that, and it was absolutely true, parts of Luton were being patrolled by muslims.  Also saw on TV, Muslims patrolling certain areas of Luton and warning a white couple to stop holding hands in 'their' area as well as scaring off other non muslims with threatening language and actions. Re Cartwright, I don't remember exactly what I posted, but think it was along the lines that it hadn't been confirmed yet by Hull or GTFC.

Reply: 136 - 144
lew chaterleys lover
September 13, 2023, 4:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,731
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from ginnywings

Ask Aswad Thomas and Toto Nsiala if they have heard any.

Think that falls into your 60 year timeline.

You think correctly but that wasn't a case of mistaken identity was it? Neither did I hear it at BP as I said.

Of course there have been incidents of racism at BP over time, and quite rightly the guilty were punished as I have already said.

What is not acceptable is the racist label being attached to a fan who might confuse one player for another.

Private Message
Reply: 137 - 144
September 13, 2023, 4:26pm
Guest User

Come on, mate, you must know this is a laughable argument, right? You've been to Grimsby matches and seen how few POC there are? In the last census in 2021, there were 2000 brown/black people in Grimsby out of a population of 86,000 and in Cleethorpes, whose population is a little under 30,000, there was just over 500 POC registered. My maths is crap, but I make that about 2% of the population.

But the thing is he made it an absolute by saying but those defending racism on a Grimsby forum tend to be white.

He could have said 'it's possible that' or 'probably' or 'it might be that'.  And he is not talking about how many POC go to GTFC matches, he is talking about POC posting on this forum, and defending racism.  Now that brings the figures down a lot, However, people don't seem to like my asking for proof of certain things, I guess they are happy to go along with the generalisation which happens a lot on this forum.  So I yield.

Reply: 138 - 144
Hagrid
September 13, 2023, 4:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,437
Gold Stars: 536
flipping hell guys give it a rest now.

Any form of sectarian chanting, racism, is horrendous, we don't want our club involved in that, don't give a few trampy wannabees there 5 minutes in the spotlight
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 144
15 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Sectarian Chanting

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.