15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
September 10, 2023, 12:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
It’s all the more bizarre when we have a Kilkenny born player in our midfield and several other players with Irish ancestry.

It’s a good job they’ve never heard of Sierra Leone (they probably think it sits between the Ghia and the RS Cosworth in the Ford range) or Conteh would have to listen to weird chants about the Sierra Leone civil war.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 144
lew chaterleys lover
September 10, 2023, 12:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,729
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from ginnywings
It takes a brave man to challenge or shout down a mob of racists who are quick to violence.

You hear casual racism on a daily basis, especially at football matches and would spend half your life in arguments if you challenged every time.

Starts at the top, and many countries, ourselves included, are governed by right wing parties nowadays, which is alarming and history shows it rarely ends well.

The government spout right wing and racist bollox all the time. It's insidious.

I've been going to BP for over 60 years and have never heard any fan make a racist comment, casual or otherwise in a conversation.

Hot heads as in this current guise will always be hot heads but I don't think that tars anybody else.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 144
It Bites
September 10, 2023, 12:58pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,222
Gold Stars: 265
They are simpletons, probably never read a book in their lives or even watched a documentary. Absolute knuckle draggers
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 144
pizzzza
September 10, 2023, 1:00pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137

I've been going to BP for over 60 years and have never heard any fan make a racist comment, casual or otherwise in a conversation.

Hot heads as in this current guise will always be hot heads but I don't think that tars anybody else.

Indeed, before we all start self-flagellating ourselves let's ascertain how big a problem this really is. I have never heard sectarian chanting at Town. That's why I challenged OP on his definition of "reports" and what he really means by that (awaiting a reply on that).
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 144
grimsby pete
September 10, 2023, 1:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Never heard anything on tv  thank goodness.

It must have been a few idiots that spoil it for all the good fans.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 144
Mappers
September 10, 2023, 1:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,340
Gold Stars: 119

...you must not sit in the lower then
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 144
Theimperialcoroner
September 10, 2023, 1:24pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,209
Gold Stars: 102

Only around 40 years for me but I’ve heard it many times and always challenge it because if you just ignore it you are part of the problem. There simply no space for it. Whilst others may not be as happy to challenge it there and then, there are routes you can take. These arseholes don’t even know what they are chanting about, they are caught up in an Andrew Tate swirl of macho circle masturbations. Educate them whichever way you can.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 144
headingly_mariner
September 10, 2023, 1:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,379
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from pizzzza

Indeed, before we all start self-flagellating ourselves let's ascertain how big a problem this really is. I have never heard sectarian chanting at Town. That's why I challenged OP on his definition of "reports" and what he really means by that (awaiting a reply on that).

I was stood on the concourse having a beer and there was a loud rendition of this https://youtube.com/shorts/WcWX4V8CJDU?si=QBwSnC64cSMCxOBF

Must have been in excess of a 100 joining in.  

Then there was maybe 30-40 blokes singing oh Tommy Robinson.

Not the first time I've heard either of these chants.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 144
chaos33
September 10, 2023, 1:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
I can’t hear the words in that first Rangers song, but what the hell sectarian politics have to do with us I fail to understand. Just as bad is the reality of hearing anyone who supports Town singing ‘oh Tommy Robinson’. Absolutely f***ing moronic and sickening.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 144
September 10, 2023, 1:59pm
Guest User
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I was stood on the concourse having a beer and there was a loud rendition of this https://youtube.com/shorts/WcWX4V8CJDU?si=QBwSnC64cSMCxOBF

Must have been in excess of a 100 joining in.  

Then there was maybe 30-40 blokes singing oh Tommy Robinson.

Not the first time I've heard either of these chants.

Pathetic.  I think the people who sing that song either don't realise, or just ignore that there are Terrorists on the other side too, like the UVF for instance.  Ever heard of the Shankill Butchers?  Look that up and see what barbarians they are.

Reply: 19 - 144
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Sectarian Chanting

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.