Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Ukraine War
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

Ukraine War

This thread currently has 21,966 views. Print
46 Pages Prev ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... Next All Recommend Thread
LH
March 5, 2022, 12:52pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,599
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from Humbercod

Heartbreaking the world has some evil monsters.
I did wonder myself why they couldn’t just hit the Russian convoy that was stationary for days.

Lots of vehicles = lots of troops. Ukraine don’t have enough air capability to clean it out in one attack either and they can’t send in ground troops to within two miles to Javelin/NLAW and risk losing them.
Private Message
Reply: 310 - 453
Limerick Mariner
March 5, 2022, 1:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,747
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from forza ivano

FAO Humbercod
Tweet 1499789544757026822 will appear here...

your last query is not necessarily an urban myth ,but things get overlooked - they have in fact hit the front of the convoy and blown up  a bridge in front of them (which incidentally is not 40 miles, but 17 miles long - another fact overlooked)
the russians can't got round them very easily due to the traffic jam and the mud (Rasputista as it's called) and so they can't get supplies to fed or fuel the hundreds of vehicles which are burning through batteries and fuel as they sit idling for days on end in the sub zero temperatures. Obviously for the same reasons they can't get wreckers to the front to clear the blocakge. The convoy is well protected ,so why waste manpower, drones, planes and ammo on a convoy which is stuck? The only way for the convoy is to go backwards first of all

FAO Limerick - the Turks have just flown in a fresh supply of Bayraktars and they are already using other drones for reconaisance.
Loads of Manpads, Javelins & NLAWS going in - Ukrainians reporting that they've hit 280 targets in 300 firings - amazing accuracy. That's quite believable as the ill trained Afghans managed 73% with Stingers against the Russians long long ago

PS overlooked stories of the day - Ukrainians have pushed back a Russian division to the border from around Kharkiv and destroyed/ neutralised a whole division (1600 men )
Locals reporting that Russians ave pulled back to outskirts of Kherson
Ukrainians claiming approx 10,000 Russian losses (that includes dead, wounded and captured) that's an incredible rate

That's great news - just read a story about the Ukrainians using some DIY drones carrying 3kg bombs. Not going to destroy a tank but will be enough to take out logistics vehicles. If they can just hang in there maybe more frontline Russians will refuse to fight and follow orders to kill their neighbours with no explanation as to why...however Putin is now in the mode where he'd probably punish the families of squaddies who did that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 311 - 453
forza ivano
March 5, 2022, 1:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

That's great news - just read a story about the Ukrainians using some DIY drones carrying 3kg bombs. Not going to destroy a tank but will be enough to take out logistics vehicles. If they can just hang in there maybe more frontline Russians will refuse to fight and follow orders to kill their neighbours with no explanation as to why...however Putin is now in the mode where he'd probably punish the families of squaddies who did that.

the longer and harder they make it the better the chance of saving some of their country
my best guess is that we will end up with a version of East and West Germany. East becoming a Belorusian type puppet state and the west ,centred around Lviv, immediately entering the EU but having a neutral state like Sweden/Finland

PS very interesting point made elsewhere - the only real winners out of this are the Chinese both economically & militarily . They can now put any pressure they want on Russia in the far East and know full well that the Russians arent a threat
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 312 - 453
jamesgtfc
March 5, 2022, 7:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from forza ivano

the longer and harder they make it the better the chance of saving some of their country
my best guess is that we will end up with a version of East and West Germany. East becoming a Belorusian type puppet state and the west ,centred around Lviv, immediately entering the EU but having a neutral state like Sweden/Finland

PS very interesting point made elsewhere - the only real winners out of this are the Chinese both economically & militarily . They can now put any pressure they want on Russia in the far East and know full well that the Russians arent a threat

I've seen East and West mentioned a few times now and it's essentially how Germany ended up until the wall came down. I think this will be Putin's compromise because controlling Western border states including Odessa represents a huge risk of aggravating a NATO member.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 313 - 453
Humbercod
March 6, 2022, 8:52am
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,502
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from forza ivano

FAO Humbercod
Tweet 1499789544757026822 will appear here...

The Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office have put out the following tweet in response to the Bloomberg reported graph  -
Bloomberg tweet is incorrect, they’ve subsequently apologised and taken down the graphs. UK has sanctioned 228 individuals, entities & subsidiaries since invasion.

There are so many different entities and agendas at play it’s so hard to trust the Media. Even the above tweet cannot be trusted as far as I’m concerned my post is only to show balance.

If you don’t read the newspaper you are uninformed
If you read the newspaper you are misinformed

Mark twain
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 314 - 453
Humbercod
March 7, 2022, 6:42am
Cocktail Drinker
Sky news headline on the app asks this morning - Has WW3 already started…FFS!
Is this really necessary for people to be waking up to or am I just being naive?
Just the other day I woke up to their headlines with ‘Russian attack nuclear plant’ and I’ll admit that worried me until I checked other news sources, later that morning an old lady was interviews in GB news and they asked her how she felt about the Ukraine conflict, and she answered ‘I’m really scared at the minute with the Russians attacking a nuclear reactor! Totally irresponsible from Sky but I suppose it keeps their viewing figures up.

I notice it’s all gone quite now on the nuclear plant story, but not on the Russian side RT news reporting the Russian are still fuming and insist it was the Ukraine’s that caused the fire as a false flag, which would tie in with Zelenskyy going straight onto the media demanding for NATO to now get involved with a no fly zone etc.
Feel free to shoot me down but I honestly don’t know who to believe I think the truth will be a long time coming.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 315 - 453
codcheeky
March 7, 2022, 8:48am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,262
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Humbercod
Is this really necessary for people to be waking up to or am I just being naive?
Just the other day I woke up to their headlines with ‘Russian attack nuclear plant’ and I’ll admit that worried me until I checked other news sources, later that morning an old lady was interviews in GB news and they asked her how she felt about the Ukraine conflict, and she answered ‘I’m really scared at the minute with the Russians attacking a nuclear reactor! Totally irresponsible from Sky but I suppose it keeps their viewing figures up.

I notice it’s all gone quite now on the nuclear plant story, but not on the Russian side RT news reporting the Russian are still fuming and insist it was the Ukraine’s that caused the fire as a false flag, which would tie in with Zelenskyy going straight onto the media demanding for NATO to now get involved with a no fly zone etc.
Feel free to shoot me down but I honestly don’t know who to believe I think the truth will be a long time coming.

They say that the first casualty of war is the truth,  there is little doubt that both sides have completely differing versions of events. Most people believe what their own government and press tell them, we are trained for this from birth.  There can be little doubt however that that Russia has invaded another country and as usual in any war many civilians are being killed.  It matters little who set a fire near a nuclear reactor, one side has invaded another country and seized it, endangering all, the Ukranians could have shut it down or sabotaged it.  The UK  government talks a good war but in practice had done little in terms of sanctions on Putin's mates,  the Tories have been reliant on Russian money for a while( there is little doubt why they would not publish the report into Russian money and influence) and are paying these oligarchs back by giving them time to sell their UK assets, that Ambrovich will be allowed to sell Chelsea for up to £3 billion is a joke. Let's get serious and seize the lot of we really want sanctions to bite.
The Ukranian resistance has been a surprise and Putin looks like he is stuck in an unpopular war from which there seems no easy exit strategy. This highlights again the folly of invading a country that does not want you, our costly and ultimately humiliating defeats in Afghanistan and Iraq are good recent examples. Even if Russia manage to take all Ukraine the destruction and hatred they have sown will mean years of conflict, possible bombs in Moscow and other Russian cities and years of international sanctions.
This war is pushing states like Finland and Sweden into NATO and will see a return to isolation and poorer living standards in Russia.
This war is also showing the limitations of tanks and other armoured equipment, they are last centuries war technology and armies around the world will be taking note, even helicopters are now extremely vulnerable to just one man with a launcher. Satellites and drones have taken the element of surprise out of many operations along with spyware and communication hacking. The Russians have the force and manpower to take Ukraine but holding it will be very difficult especially with weapons pouring in from the West at the current rate. Every arms manufacturer wants their latest stuff in there showing what it can do
Private Message
Reply: 316 - 453
mariner91
March 7, 2022, 11:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,752
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Humbercod

And who wouldn't believe the Russians? After all, they repeatedly told us they were definitely not going to invade Ukraine at any point so they're clearly trustworthy and we can take everything they say at face value. .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 317 - 453
jamesgtfc
March 7, 2022, 11:45am
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from mariner91

And who wouldn't believe the Russians? After all, they repeatedly told us they were definitely not going to invade Ukraine at any point so they're clearly trustworthy and we can take everything they say at face value. .

It's a peace keeping mission isn't it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 318 - 453
Humbercod
March 7, 2022, 1:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Absolutely we can’t trust the Russians but as Codcheeky says the first casualty of war is the truth, and yes we know for certain the Russians have invaded. We can all agree that there is absolutely no sensible justification for this invasion and most of the world are outraged.

Nearly 2 weeks of Russian bombing allegedly attacking civilians area and yet thankfully only 360 civilian deaths reported which is obviously 360 to many, but to put in to context the Ukraine army have been indiscriminately attacking eastern Ukraine with a UN reported 2500 civilian deaths, 5,500 injured including 170 children killed or injured through land mines alone, and no outrage or world condemnation that I recall from the media and especially on here.
Even going back to Iraq over 200,000 civilian casualties that’s a hell of a number when you think about it and no threat of WW3.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 319 - 453
46 Pages Prev ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Ukraine War

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.