Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Ukraine War
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 15 Guests

Ukraine War

This thread currently has 21,954 views. Print
46 Pages Prev ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... Next All Recommend Thread
LH
March 8, 2022, 11:20pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,603
Gold Stars: 175
At some point soon an enemy jet or two will appear in Ukraine airspace from NATO policed airspace. A modern RADAR system will be able to identify what aircraft it is but will a clearly deranged dictator care? Very dangerous and looks like there’s already some backtracking.
Private Message
Reply: 330 - 453
jamesgtfc
March 8, 2022, 11:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from LH
At some point soon an enemy jet or two will appear in Ukraine airspace from NATO policed airspace. A modern RADAR system will be able to identify what aircraft it is but will a clearly deranged dictator care? Very dangerous and looks like there’s already some backtracking.

It's certainly cranking it up somewhat. There are a number of things going on that certainly constitute "Western Interference" such as really hurting the Russian economy with sanctions and pressure on western businesses to leave. The long standing Coca-Cola and McDonalds partnership is no longer under threat as they both pulled out of Russia today. Supplying Ukraine with weapons, information and now jets. The West is doing just about everything other than putting boots on the ground and their own pilots in the sky.

I think governments are going to start stepping in to subsidise fuel costs as it really is spiralling out of control. I predicted diesel to hit £2 a litre this year the other day but it could easily hit it this month; although it never quite came down at the same rate when oil prices were negative not so long ago.

If Russia had a buyer for their Nordstream supply I'm sure they would have cut it off or at least reduced the supply to spite Europe by now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 331 - 453
DB
March 9, 2022, 3:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.42
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
The supply of NATO arms to Ukraine is no different from the Russian supply of arms and men to the western Ukrainian states they want to annex, prior to the invasion.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 332 - 453
forza ivano
March 9, 2022, 7:26am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Poles tried to bounce us into deal, but us, for time being, have turned it down.may also some Romanian and Bulgarian mig 29s that could also transferred. Nato mig 29s are v different to the Ukrainian version. Is a side by side photo of the cockpit on twitter which is v revealing.would take pilots ,and support staff on ground a while to get to grips with it.
More unreported stuff.up to 40,000 international fighters are being enrolled, a Canadian division of 500 men has already been formed.large majority are former professional soldiers, so that is going to be a pretty useful addition, especially as they will have good experience of the weapons being provided
Pretty confident reports from several sources that the Ukrainians took out 49, yes,49 helicopters at kherson airfield 2 days ago
The point about airfields being taken out is a worry, but russian artillery is proving to be as useless as everything else.fired 6 cruise missiles at an airfield yesterday, only 2 hit, and even those did minimal damage.satellite photos show.meanwhile the arms pour into ukraine, and russia continues to be a generous supplier of ready to use machinery!
Ps the convoy remains stuck and the temperatures overnight this week are minus 9.no wonder they are not bothering attacking it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 333 - 453
Humbercod
March 9, 2022, 7:33am
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,502
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from DB
The supply of NATO arms to Ukraine is no different from the Russian supply of arms and men to the western Ukrainian states they want to annex, prior to the invasion.

I don’t think you can compare like for like far from it DB, just check out the NATO expansion from 1990 onwards a sure way to make a paranoid superpower even more so. Besides Western Ukraine has been supplied by the West mainly America for years and Russia the east under the guise of al Civil war but in reality it looks more like a proxy war to me and always has been.

I don’t think Putins after turning Ukraine into a Russian state, listening  to the experts his goal is to keep the country sovereign (on paper) and have another Belarus. I suppose this creates a kind of buffer zone between Russia and the threatening and advancing West.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 334 - 453
Humbercod
March 9, 2022, 7:41am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
Poles tried to bounce us into deal, but us, for time being, have turned it down.may also some Romanian and Bulgarian mig 29s that could also transferred. Nato mig 29s are v different to the Ukrainian version. Is a side by side photo of the cockpit on twitter which is v revealing.would take pilots ,and support staff on ground a while to get to grips with it.
More unreported stuff.up to 40,000 international fighters are being enrolled, a Canadian division of 500 men has already been formed.large majority are former professional soldiers, so that is going to be a pretty useful addition, especially as they will have good experience of the weapons being provided
Pretty confident reports from several sources that the Ukrainians took out 49, yes,49 helicopters at kherson airfield 2 days ago
The point about airfields being taken out is a worry, but russian artillery is proving to be as useless as everything else.fired 6 cruise missiles at an airfield yesterday, only 2 hit, and even those did minimal damage.satellite photos show.meanwhile the arms pour into ukraine, and russia continues to be a generous supplier of ready to use machinery!
Ps the convoy remains stuck and the temperatures overnight this week are minus 9.no wonder they are not bothering attacking it!

Good decision to turn down I can only see a mass escalation otherwise.
If these reports are true then it strengthens the decision for no NATO military action. The Ukraine army is doing an amazing job it seems, hopefully the peace talks can spin a Russian result for them and they can urine of back.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 335 - 453
GollyGTFC
March 9, 2022, 10:03am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,056
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Humbercod

Call Blair, Cameron, Johnson, Arseholes but to openly slate the greatest PM in our history, a war hero, a national treasure just shows how out of touch you are with the rest of the UK in that excrement hole Ruski owned London bubble.

It’s been well documented that Churchill got many things wrong but many of the big decisions he got spot on, one of them not often mentioned was the attack on Mers-el-Kébir this was a brave decision that took guts probably changed the outcome of the war and showed amazing leadership. Can you imagine someone like Keir Starmer having to make that decision he would flipping melt.

Have to say though getting back to the present day Boris Johnston has stepped up a gear and is now looking like a leader in fact he’s looking like the leader of the free world if we’re honest with sleepy Joe nowhere to be seen.

Just to slightly correct you and I’m sure you agree we didn’t go to war in in 2003! The correct term is that we invaded and occupied yet another sovereign Country killing thousands of innocent people, as the Iraq’s fought to defend their country, Based totally as you say on a tissue of lies.
It’s ok when we do it!

I’m all for people having opinions on people BUT…

If Churchill was such a Great War leader and the greatest PM in our history, how come the electorate handed him a crushing election defeat a couple of months after the war in Europe ended?

And Blair…

If he’s a war criminal because of the invasion of Iraq, how come the electorate gave him another term as PM at the 2005 general election?

It’s almost as if you’re talking out of your backside.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 336 - 453
chaos33
March 9, 2022, 1:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from Humbercod

I don’t think you can compare like for like far from it DB, just check out the NATO expansion from 1990 onwards a sure way to make a paranoid superpower even more so. Besides Western Ukraine has been supplied by the West mainly America for years and Russia the east under the guise of al Civil war but in reality it looks more like a proxy war to me and always has been.

I don’t think Putins after turning Ukraine into a Russian state, listening  to the experts his goal is to keep the country sovereign (on paper) and have another Belarus. I suppose this creates a kind of buffer zone between Russia and the threatening and advancing West.

How is ‘the west’ truthfully ‘threatening and advancing’?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 337 - 453
Humbercod
March 10, 2022, 6:17am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I’m all for people having opinions on people BUT…

If Churchill was such a Great War leader and the greatest PM in our history, how come the electorate handed him a crushing election defeat a couple of months after the war in Europe ended?

And Blair…

If he’s a war criminal because of the invasion of Iraq, how come the electorate gave him another term as PM at the 2005 general election?

It’s almost as if you’re talking out of your backside.

FFS don’t they teach history at school anyone?

As for Blair there is a reason he’s hated on a Jimmy Saville scale in this country and it can be found in an inquiry called the Chilcot report. And heres the thing it was released after his last term, running out of patience with you now you’re as thick as mince.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 338 - 453
Humbercod
March 10, 2022, 6:30am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

How is ‘the west’ truthfully ‘threatening and advancing’?

This is not my truth! But can you not understand from a Russian perspective how they might find the NATO expansion (against all agreements) a threat at best and an act of aggression at worse?

Just look how the US reacted during the Cuban middle crisis no difference really or imagine In some copulated up future, where dictator Justin Trudeau forms an alliance with Russia and allows in their troops and military hardware etc it just wouldn’t be allowed to happen.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 339 - 453
46 Pages Prev ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Ukraine War

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.