Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 26 Guests

Hurst Out

This thread currently has 36,544 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
January 26, 2022, 3:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,972
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from chaos33

I’m tempted to ignore this obtuse remark, but in the interests of helping you understand the point…

No. Of course you don’t. But we’re not talking about that. His original point was ‘if we have a competitive budget, how come we aren’t competitive’, (and then went on to say ‘competing is the same as winning’),which, even if we all agree that current/recent results are disappointing and unacceptable, is palpably just nonsense, given that we’ve not been truly turned over in a league game by anyone, and nearly all defeats have been by 1 goal, and usually including missed chances or controversial decisions.

Critical analysis is a welcome feature of this forum. Peddling alarmist, overdramatic falsehoods doesn’t contribute anything helpful or instructive.

Hope this helps.

Statistics. Not alarmist, overdramatise falsehoods.

And remember Slade & Holloway’s terrible form was in League Two. NOT THE NATIONAL LEAGUE!

Oh and didn’t the new owners say our playing squad budget would increase this season despite relegation? I’ll save you time googling- they did.

So it’s lower league, higher budget & losing more games.

But I suppose Paul Hurst is the type of guy you’d be delighted if your daughter brought home.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 330 - 351
Mayaman
January 26, 2022, 4:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,393
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from horsforthmariner
Im doubtful Hurst will get the sack. I think the owners probably will give him until October.

The annoying thing is it's not like we were under Slade or Hollowhead, where we getting slaughtered week in week out. We've generally been in games and in many cases should have won them. But I feel we're quite soft, we dont do the shithousery that every other side do. We make too many absolute howlers that lead to goals and time and time again we miss guilt-edge chances. The simple fact is that we need to pay top dollar for a decent goalscorer. We won't do that because of "the parasite" preventing us having the funds. This is why we will end up finishing 14th rather than 4th.

We are too soft.  As much as I like Taylor for his tough old fashioned way of being, he hardly ever goes down  even when being fouled.  Unfortunately, it's part and parcel of the modern game. Other teams use  a lot of nefarious tactics.  Altrincham's keeper going down like a sack of spuds for every corner.  Waterfall's yellow card against Halifax.  Yeah he put his arm across  but the forward was falling before he even got near his chest.  I cant workout how ref's fall for it.  We cannot even successfully appeal a penalty.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 331 - 351
chaos33
January 26, 2022, 4:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Statistics. Not alarmist, overdramatise falsehoods.

And remember Slade & Holloway’s terrible form was in League Two. NOT THE NATIONAL LEAGUE!

Oh and didn’t the new owners say our playing squad budget would increase this season despite relegation? I’ll save you time googling- they did.

So it’s lower league, higher budget & losing more games.

But I suppose Paul Hurst is the type of guy you’d be delighted if your daughter brought home.

Given that she’s only 5, I’d deem it odd.
A bit like your remarks on this subject generally.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 332 - 351
golfer
January 26, 2022, 5:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Why does it take a manager and assistant manager to fcuck us up - surely one could fcuck us up on his own ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 333 - 351
Madeleymariner
January 26, 2022, 5:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
Eastleigh just sacked their manager who managed more than twice as many points as Hurst over the last 12 games
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 334 - 351
arryarryarry
January 26, 2022, 7:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from GhostDan
The thing I'm struggling with most during this god awful run of results, is watching the way grown men conduct themselves online - it's flipping embarrassing.    These are the same people that spout the usual cliches like Players need  'pLaY 4 ThE sHiRt' - but anytime a player makes a mistake then are subject to horrendous & personal abuse online?  Pull yourselves together.

Whether you are 'Hurst in or out', at least have a level of respect for a man trying to do his job, he might not be perfect (and results certainly aren't) but at least he's trying, he's in front of the camera multiple times a week trying to explain his thoughts and decisions.  Most of the people spouting diatribe probably only get out from behind the computer screen when it's time to ask Mummy to wash their wanking sock. Morons.

UTM though.

FFS, this board is no different to any other team's board and it has been like this for years. This is what happens on forums especially when the team is losing.

If you don't like it don't bother coming on.
Private Message
Reply: 335 - 351
arryarryarry
January 26, 2022, 7:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mariner93er

But you don’t win games by being competitive, you win them by scoring more goals than the opposition. If our form was patchy, we could say we’ve been unlucky. But with the long run we’re on, it must come down to something more fundamental.

Sadly some on here can't understand that.
Private Message
Reply: 336 - 351
GollyGTFC
January 26, 2022, 7:36pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,972
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Eastleigh just sacked their manager who managed more than twice as many points as Hurst over the last 12 games

Not surprising. Tuesday night was their 10th league defeat of the season. Not good enough for an ambitious club like Eastleigh I guess.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 337 - 351
arryarryarry
January 26, 2022, 7:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimExile
I guess it’s all very well sacking a manager when we are playing so badly but we’re not Man City. Who, who are any better than Hurst, are we likely to get? We all know the answer and that is no one. I do agree that his decisions and tactics are very negative and he’s obviously conservative by nature, however he’s got Chris Doig to bounce ideas off. You’d have thought that if Doig had anything about him he’d say why not be more adventurous. We’re losing anyway let’s just go for it.

I think half the problem is he just cannot get a really decent striker in to partner McAtee. We’ve been so spoilt in the past because we’ve had Connell, Hearn, Amond and Bogle but they don’t grow on trees. When you realise that Bogle only cost £20,000 and Palmar cost Wrexham £300,000 and a monster pay rise, then what chance do we have? The days of saying have 20 grand to a lower club for your top striker and you be grateful for that are obviously over. Especially with the money that’s splashing around with so many clubs in the Conference these days. I think things will improve money wise a little when Fenty is paid off, but at the moment I think we just have to stick with Hurst. It’ll be interesting to see what happens if in 12 months he’s still in the job and we’re still losing for fun again!

There you go

Aitor Karanka
Alex McLeish
Andrea Pirlo
André Villas-Boas
Andriy Shevchenko
Billy Davies
Bruno Labbadia
Chris Beech
Chris Hughton
Claude Puel
Claudio Ranieri
Daniel Farke
Diego Martínez
Ernesto Valverde
Eusebio Di Francesco
Fabio Cannavaro
Fatih Terim
Frank de Boer
Frank Lampard
Frankie McAvoy
Garry Monk
Gennaro Gattuso
Graham Westley
Grant McCann
Gus Poyet
Hayden Mullins
Heiko Herrlich
Hernán Crespo
Ian Holloway
Jack Ross
Jaap Stam
Javi Gracia
Jesse Marsch
Joachim Löw
Jon Dahl Tomasson
Jonathan Woodgate
Jorge Jesus
Jürgen Klinsmann
Luca Gotti
Lucien Favre
Luiz Felipe Scolari
Mark Hughes
Mark van Bommel
Marko Nikolić
Markus Schopp
Martin Allen
Michael Flynn
Michel
Mick McCarthy
Neil Harris
Neil Lennon
Neil Warnock
Nigel Adkins
Nigel Worthington
Niko Kovač
Nuno Espírito Santo
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Paco López
Paul Clement
Paul Cook
Paul Dickov
Paul Lambert
Paulo Fonseca
Pep Clotet
Phil Brown
Phillip Cocu
Quique Setién
Rafa Benitez
Roberto Di Matteo
Ronald Koeman
Rudi Garcia
Sabri Lamouchi
Sam Allardyce
Simon Grayson
Slaviša Jokanović
Slaven Bilić
Sol Campbell
Steve Bruce
Steve Evans
Tommy Wright
Tony Pulis
Uwe Rösler
Vítor Pereira
Vladimir Ivić
Zinedine Zidane

Obviously you could add to that list any up and coming manager already in a job that would love to take over a club the size of GTFC.

Looking at that list, the only one who could save us now could be Mr Jesus.
Private Message
Reply: 338 - 351
chaos33
January 26, 2022, 7:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from arryarryarry

FFS, this board is no different to any other team's board and it has been like this for years. This is what happens on forums especially when the team is losing.

If you don't like it don't bother coming on.

Yeah. It’s alright to be disrespectful and spiteful and abusive because everyone else is doing it (apparently).
Whilst the players and manager are doing their absolute best and are totally committed they will not be subject to abuse and derision from me. You get stuck in if it makes you happy. As long as I see John McAtee, and Harry Clifton and Giles Coke and Shaun Pearson etc absolutely obviously giving their all, I’ll support them.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 339 - 351
36 Pages Prev ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.