MuddyWaters
January 26, 2022, 7:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from chaos33

Yeah. It’s alright to be disrespectful and spiteful and abusive because everyone else is doing it (apparently).
Whilst the players and manager are doing their absolute best and are totally committed they will not be subject to abuse and derision from me. You get stuck in if it makes you happy. As long as I see John McAtee, and Harry Clifton and Giles Coke and Shaun Pearson etc absolutely obviously giving their all, I’ll support them.

As long as I see one or two of your named players in our side, I know that we’re going to be in this league for a while yet.
Private Message
Reply: 340 - 351
Rodley Mariner
January 26, 2022, 7:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
I think I'd probably file Shevchenko and Zidane in the 'not likely to come' folder but perhaps I just lack ambition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 341 - 351
chaos33
January 26, 2022, 8:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
😂

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 342 - 351
arryarryarry
January 26, 2022, 8:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,939
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from chaos33

Yeah. It’s alright to be disrespectful and spiteful and abusive because everyone else is doing it (apparently).
Whilst the players and manager are doing their absolute best and are totally committed they will not be subject to abuse and derision from me. You get stuck in if it makes you happy. As long as I see John McAtee, and Harry Clifton and Giles Coke and Shaun Pearson etc absolutely obviously giving their all, I’ll support them.

Stop being a twit.

I didn't say it was right but that this forum is no different to any other.

I did say on another post the other day that I think Paul Hurst is a decent man but I reserve the right to say that I think he is doing a excrement job.
Private Message
Reply: 343 - 351
chaos33
January 26, 2022, 8:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Right. Jolly good then.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 344 - 351
quebec38
January 26, 2022, 8:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,549
Gold Stars: 44
How many defeats by a single goal does it take for someone to realise that maybe the manager is an issue?

We have been competitive in so many games that we’ve lost but there comes a point where you have to think - someone else could be getting wins with these players from these games.

We were at least as good in games against Notts Co, Chesterfield, Halifax.. I could go on. The only game off the top of my head where we stunk for more than we didn’t was Bromley on Saturday. 30 decent minutes but that was it. 1 point from those 5 games mentioned.

We weren’t as good as Aldershot, Wealdstone, Dag & Red or Solihull… no points from any of those 4. So that’s the better sides were losing to but also the average and the rubbish.

We are led to believe we have one of the best budgets in the division. Nobody knows where we lie but I think it would be fair to say top 7 at least yet we are 10th and 6 points off 7th.

I would never shout abuse at any Grimsby player or manager, that’s just not in my nature. I don’t come on here calling Paul Hurst for his managerial abilities or anything else. He is underachieving though it’s as simple as that.

Playing centre forward on the wing when you have at least 5 is bad. After being in the job a year and having a central midfield of Coke and Fox is bad. They should be squad players. Giving Scannell the chance but not giving him a chance at the same time is bad. The rigid substitutions are bad. The movement of the players is bad.

Hurst can’t overachieve the way other managers can. I so hope he can somehow just change everything and get it going but it’s not going to happen is it.
Private Message
Reply: 345 - 351
Roast Em Bobby
January 26, 2022, 9:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,706
Gold Stars: 43
Can’t people just calm down a bit and stop being so hysterical. At the beginning of the season most on here expected a position in the play offs. We’re 6 points off at the minute with a string of very winnable games coming up. If people want to call for PH’s head then at least wait until that cannot be attained.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 346 - 351
MuddyWaters
January 26, 2022, 9:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
Can’t people just calm down a bit and stop being so hysterical. At the beginning of the season most on here expected a position in the play offs. We’re 6 points off at the minute with a string of very winnable games coming up. If people want to call for PH’s head then at least wait until that cannot be attained.

We were top and winning games with good football and a bit of swagger. It’s changed completely and it’s hard to work out why?

The frustration for me is that we’re rebuilding all over again.
Private Message
Reply: 347 - 351
GrimExile
January 26, 2022, 9:43pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from arryarryarry

There you go

Aitor Karanka
Alex McLeish
Andrea Pirlo
André Villas-Boas
Andriy Shevchenko
Billy Davies
Bruno Labbadia
Chris Beech
Chris Hughton
Claude Puel
Claudio Ranieri
Daniel Farke
Diego Martínez
Ernesto Valverde
Eusebio Di Francesco
Fabio Cannavaro
Fatih Terim
Frank de Boer
Frank Lampard
Frankie McAvoy
Garry Monk
Gennaro Gattuso
Graham Westley
Grant McCann
Gus Poyet
Hayden Mullins
Heiko Herrlich
Hernán Crespo
Ian Holloway
Jack Ross
Jaap Stam
Javi Gracia
Jesse Marsch
Joachim Löw
Jon Dahl Tomasson
Jonathan Woodgate
Jorge Jesus
Jürgen Klinsmann
Luca Gotti
Lucien Favre
Luiz Felipe Scolari
Mark Hughes
Mark van Bommel
Marko Nikolić
Markus Schopp
Martin Allen
Michael Flynn
Michel
Mick McCarthy
Neil Harris
Neil Lennon
Neil Warnock
Nigel Adkins
Nigel Worthington
Niko Kovač
Nuno Espírito Santo
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Paco López
Paul Clement
Paul Cook
Paul Dickov
Paul Lambert
Paulo Fonseca
Pep Clotet
Phil Brown
Phillip Cocu
Quique Setién
Rafa Benitez
Roberto Di Matteo
Ronald Koeman
Rudi Garcia
Sabri Lamouchi
Sam Allardyce
Simon Grayson
Slaviša Jokanović
Slaven Bilić
Sol Campbell
Steve Bruce
Steve Evans
Tommy Wright
Tony Pulis
Uwe Rösler
Vítor Pereira
Vladimir Ivić
Zinedine Zidane

Obviously you could add to that list any up and coming manager already in a job that would love to take over a club the size of GTFC.

Looking at that list, the only one who could save us now could be Mr Jesus.

What a nasty little post.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 348 - 351
GhostDan
January 26, 2022, 9:53pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from arryarryarry

FFS, this board is no different to any other team's board and it has been like this for years. This is what happens on forums especially when the team is losing.

If you don't like it don't bother coming on.

Huh? Have you really just tried to say it’s okay for people to direct personal abuse to others online?

I come on here because I love our club, I like reading and talking about the comings and going, the happenings at the club, to rant about what could have been if we’d just had abit more luck etc etc

You know, usual fan stuff -  exactly like the vast majority of people who post on here.  I don’t come on here to abuse people, no.

Each to there own though clearly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 349 - 351
36 Pages Prev ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.