Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Plans for the future
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 137 Guests

Plans for the future

This thread currently has 21,645 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
October 10, 2021, 3:44pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,209
Gold Stars: 102
In the 80’s heyday I used to get a lift in from Tetney with Roddy Wraith (top bloke) we used to park the knackered builders van at the end of the prom and walk along the sea wall. Only a bracing 15 min walk to the ground and a quick getaway after. I know it’s dogshit alley now but surely that’s an option, especially using Wonderland’s car park.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 175
ginnywings
October 10, 2021, 3:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,145
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
In the 80’s heyday I used to get a lift in from Tetney with Roddy Wraith (top bloke) we used to park the knackered builders van at the end of the prom and walk along the sea wall. Only a bracing 15 min walk to the ground and a quick getaway after. I know it’s dogshit alley now but surely that’s an option, especially using Wonderland’s car park.

That's now an overnight motorhome stopover.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 175
Gaffer58
October 10, 2021, 4:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
When I first started going, 1970, it was thought that 10% of local population was the norm, now I think due to lots of other things to do then 5% is about the average now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 175
mimma
October 10, 2021, 5:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
Think some on here are being a bit picky. We will get what is available and affordable.  All I want is a nice ground, that I can sit, (or stand!) in comfort, stay dry and have nice facilities. Anything else is a bonus.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 175
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 10, 2021, 10:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
Park and ride : great concept in theory but, it limits people a fair bit. 100 people rushing to get on the first bus back when it’s a capacity of 80 leaves 20 pi55ed off people AND people in effect possibly leaving the game early. Why not encourage people to stay after the game for a ‘quick pint’ before heading home?

New ground : IMO a capacity of around 14/15k is about what is probably sensible. Id say you probably get 5% and 10% away support on average in league 2 & 1 respectively. There are not going to be that many bringing more than that and segregation has to be figured into any equation. I’d also say that away fans should be housed into a corner and make behind the goals home support only. I’d say, head over heart, it’s imperative that we move to a new ground. The main stand can’t have much more life in it and the facilities on offer (though improved greatly) are inadequate for the modern day football supporter. I wouldn’t want one of thos identikit stadiums either. Just a bit of something different to what’s around:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadion_Miejski_(Kielce)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadion,_Malmö#/media/File:Malmö_Stadion,_bygge_1.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aker_Stadion#

We must lose the potential to sell  circa 1000 seats at BP due to the fact they are restricted view. It doesn’t matter so much at this present level, but, thinking ahead, and using Lincoln as a guide, the feel good factor that is around at the moment is going to mean more and more people wanting to watch town.

As someone mentioned last week, they waited ages for a bus to come along that wasn’t full. Surely being in the ground early and not having to queue an age for a drink, bus etc is an ideal situation for all involved?  

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 175
KingstonMariner
October 10, 2021, 10:17pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
You know Woz. It is possible to have more than one bus.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 175
lee65
October 10, 2021, 10:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
As an exile (living near Selby) it takes me just over an hour to drive to BP and park down one of the local streets, usually no further away than around the Tesco Express.
If I had to drive for an hour then get on a bus / park and ride it would add significant time to my overall journey to and from the game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 175
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 10, 2021, 10:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from KingstonMariner
You know Woz. It is possible to have more than one bus.

😆probably not the best example

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 175
KingstonMariner
October 10, 2021, 10:54pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from lee65
As an exile (living near Selby) it takes me just over an hour to drive to BP and park down one of the local streets, usually no further away than around the Tesco Express.
If I had to drive for an hour then get on a bus / park and ride it would add significant time to my overall journey to and from the game

If the crowd was twice as large you’d have to park a lot further away

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 175
mimma
October 10, 2021, 11:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
You don't have to use park and ride if you don't want to, you can still park near the ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 175
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Plans for the future

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.