Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Plans for the future
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 228 Guests

Plans for the future

This thread currently has 21,458 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
October 8, 2021, 3:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
While I agree a new ground would be nice, 1878 said it was not one of their priorities. Getting out of this league is. So far 1878 have done what they said, improve Cheapside facilities, the pitch at BP, etc.

A new ground has been discussed this summer on a different thread. The only way I can see it moving up the agenda for 1878 is that if there is a problem with the Safety certificate. To the best of my knowledge the next major project for the club is a new training ground. 1878 are building a new club structure on a sound basis with the team coming first.

At the moment they are ticking all the boxes they created and until BP is a constant sell out then I think we may have to wait a few years for the new ground. A new ground is going to cost millions and 1878 are not going to run the club into that sort of debt, unless new streams of cash are forthcoming.

We will just have to be patient.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 175
grimps
October 8, 2021, 5:14am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
If we can get 6000 in non league with barely any visiting fans then we can get double that in the championship , we need a new  bigger ground
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 175
aldi_01
October 8, 2021, 5:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I know the new owners have said a new ground isn’t a priority, and I agree but, I’d imagine they’re still exploring it as a possibility, not so much for increased capacity but for business reasons, increased atmosphere and match day experience. Unlike the previous idiot in charge, this isn’t their only goal and they won’t be spunking thousands of pounds of club money on it…remember, it’s not about them…

We seem to have an obsession with putting extra seating in, there’s no need. We aren’t officially selling out, we’re just getting consistently high gates but every game there’s been 2000 empty seats, why waste money putting in seats few will want to sit in?

I think the key thing that has changed is the atmosphere around the place, it’s a joy to go to BP at the minute, and that’s not just because some virus kept us locked in for a year or so. The fans are positive, the football (at the minute, we know it’ll get tough) is great and there’s a feel good factor. I think now the majority of folk aren’t arsed about Covid and people are leading normal lives again it’ll easier to spread that feel good factor across the town…

I’d argue the only blip so far is Fenty once again embarrassing himself on here and people actually shaking his hand…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 175
golfer
October 8, 2021, 8:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
I think a big problem is parking facilities at B.P.  I have given this serious thought and my "gang" have had numerous meetings to discuss. The only feasible solution we could come up with is to ban resident parking down the side streets on Saturday afternoons and Tuesday evenings when Town are at home. Obviously those attending the match could be given permits.   We have to get our priorities right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 175
crusty ole pie
October 8, 2021, 8:23am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,310
Gold Stars: 62
Tuesday nights we could use the ramsdams car park sure our old friend Dudley would help us now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 175
dicko995
October 8, 2021, 8:39am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -249
Gold Stars: 21
Strange as it may seem, i still reckon Tom Shutes has a part to play in this, looking forward to the next episode
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 175
jamesgtfc
October 8, 2021, 8:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from dicko995
Strange as it may seem, i still reckon Tom Shutes has a part to play in this, looking forward to the next episode

I think Tom has well and truly burned his bridges.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 175
buckstown
October 8, 2021, 8:55am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,120
Gold Stars: 77
I'm so excited and enthused by the start to this season, my number one priority is how do we keep it going so we can maintain current form and build on the returning fans.
After 20 years of life on the hamsters wheel, just scraping by and being grateful for survival, any talk of the championship and a new ground is incredibly premature.
Lets dream about league 2 first and hope PH and the boys can keep up the current form!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 175
jamesgtfc
October 8, 2021, 9:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from buckstown
I'm so excited and enthused by the start to this season, my number one priority is how do we keep it going so we can maintain current form and build on the returning fans.
After 20 years of life on the hamsters wheel, just scraping by and being grateful for survival, any talk of the championship and a new ground is incredibly premature.
Lets dream about league 2 first and hope PH and the boys can keep up the current form!!

When we do get promoted we are in a much better place. A few players are probably nothing more than squad players in decent League 2 teams but the core of our squad I believe is good enough to compete at the right end of League 2.

Don't forget that Hurst had both hands tied behind his back but still left us in or around the play-off positions so imagine what he can do if our top scorer isn't being offered a worse deal than 6 months previously...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 175
moosey_club
October 8, 2021, 9:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from grimps
If we can get 6000 in non league with barely any visiting fans then we can get double that in the championship , we need a new  bigger ground

Or.....a business model based on your income......currently I would think the gate receipts  are up on any projected figures. That gives the board confidence in their own plans and helps with future  budgets and spend.
Until we consistently and completely sell out BP there is no need  for extra seats, new ground etc.
Not sure what the League rules are regards allocation of seating  for away support but we could  have the option of segregating parts of the Osmond further to make a smaller "away" end increasing the home option. Just because away teams could bring 1500 doesnt mean we have to accommodate them all  if we sell 7/8 k on our own.
Its early days and we are riding the high, the board have reacted,  opening the Osmond and the Directors box to accommodate the interest.  
There is also something of a fever associated with the "last few"  tickets remaining , it stirs interest...makes people fear missing out....which is such a refreshing change to people almost going out of "duty"

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 175
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Plans for the future

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.