Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst Out
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 169 Guests

Hurst Out

This thread currently has 29,081 views. Print
23 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
FishOutOfWater
March 4, 2021, 6:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
I've just rung Danny Cowley and asked him if he'd take over at Town. Offered him half a mill to keep us up. Told me he was washing his hair.

You sure that  wasn't Danny Cowlick  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 180 - 223
ginnywings
March 4, 2021, 6:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

That's just reminded me of something the chairman said before Christmas

That we were very close to the salary cap....

What's the situation now?

Did it mean that Hurst had to do his wheeling and dealing with one hand tied behind his back?

It might explain why some of his signings haven't come off as he would have hoped for.... a bit like buying cheaper own branded goods from the shops instead of the real thing ( Roller Cola for example )

That's been binned hasn't it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 223
arryarryarry
March 4, 2021, 6:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MarinerDevil

If think they'll want more than £200k to walk away from their comfy Huddersfield payoff and risk a relegation back to non-league at a club widely known for being mismanaged and chronically underfunded.  Whatever we offer them, someone will have offered more and they have turned it down.  They'll go to a L1 club they can realistically improve.  It will take a few years of hopefully good management and investment by the consortium to make managers of that calibre believe in our 'project'.  

Also I'm not rolling over and accepting our situation, far from it.  Another relegation will probably mean that Town will have been in non-league for the majority of my life supporting them.  That's pretty depressing.  This mess started long ago and will not be resolved by hoping to chuck non-existent funds at managers or players that we might have been able to attract when we were in the Championship; but that was a long, long time ago in the footballing world.  I want to be back there as much as anyone, it just depresses me how many people seem to live in a reality in which we're still that club.  

Why would they have to walk away from their Huddersfield pay-off? Surely the contract they had there has frig all to do with getting another job, unless you are privy to their pay-off?
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 223
MarinerDevil
March 4, 2021, 6:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,739
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from arryarryarry
Why would they have to walk away from their Huddersfield pay-off? Surely the contract they had there has frig all to do with getting another job, unless you are privy to their pay-off?

Obviously not privy to anything, but manager contracts are usually paid until they get another job.  I think Premier League managers may get a better deal but most clubs won't want to pay anyone to manage another team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 223
arryarryarry
March 4, 2021, 6:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MarinerDevil

Obviously not privy to anything, but manager contracts are usually paid until they get another job.  I think Premier League managers may get a better deal but most clubs won't want to pay anyone to manage another team.

Where I worked if someone was entitled to 6 months notice in their contract they got it, didn't stop them getting another job.
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 223
March 4, 2021, 7:06pm
Guest User
Quoted from arryarryarry

The thing is he has virtually got rid of the so called excrement show and brought in 11 new players some he already knew.

Sadly the players he has brought in are looking worse than some he refuses to play and added to that playing one up front and probably hoping to hang on and snatch a win is just stupid as our defence just isn't good enough to go 90 minutes without conceding in most ganes. Plus he is now suggesting some of the players he has brought in are not up for the fight.

He has clearly got his recruitment and tactics wrong and must change starting Saturday.

Some say it is mad "rolling the dice" on a new manager but we are taking a huge risk letting him stay and continue in the way he has so far.

Let's not forget just how bad it was under Holloway but currently we are performing worse under Hurst.

Plus if you think it is too late for him to save us, why not just give someone else a try.

Why do many posters say 'PH got his recruitment wrong', when he can only sign those who WANT to sign for us?

Reply: 185 - 223
DB
March 4, 2021, 7:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
I've just rung Danny Cowley and asked him if he'd take over at Town. Offered him half a mill to keep us up. Told me he was washing his hair.

Better give his phone number to Hursty, he can do with some tips before FGR game.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 223
MuddyWaters
March 4, 2021, 7:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from MarinerDevil

Swann definitely stated that Scunny were still paying PH till he took the Town job.
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 223
Humbercod
March 4, 2021, 7:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from 123614

Why do many posters say 'PH got his recruitment wrong', when he can only sign those who WANT to sign for us?

If you was a golfer with a full bag of cheap shitty clubs but they got you around the course, and you couldn’t  afford the better ones, if given the chance would you-
A. swap them for full bag of even shittier clubs just because they’re available?
B. Play with what you already have?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 223
DB
March 4, 2021, 7:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from 123614

Anybody is better than nobody
Somebody is better than anybody
Nobody has to be better than somebody

Which is what we have, out goes oloways 11 and income Hurst's 11. No improvement no change.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 223
23 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst Out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.