Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst Out
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 220 Guests

Hurst Out

This thread currently has 28,882 views. Print
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
March 3, 2021, 10:28am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
If fenty hadn’t have fooked about with the takeover last year when there was an offer on the table GTFC wouldn’t be in this position. Simple as that .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 223
Iknowyoursecret
March 3, 2021, 10:41am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
The mess were in is down to the board and FENTY,deciding to sell Knowing that the sale would not go through before the January window.We are in the middle of a sale of our club so the current regime will spend as less as they can.How can we blame Hurst,yes he’s brought in some players but they have not had time to bond as a team.They haven’t been training down cheapside all the time and training on Astro turf is not ideal as it’s too hard to train on IMO for professional football players.Perhaps the mariners trust could make a video of supporters cheering them on then maybe we can pick the squad up to feel good factor.We don’t want to go down to the non league so let’s ALL fight,because here in Grimsby we all love our club.Good times ahead
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 223
March 3, 2021, 10:47am
Guest User
Quoted from RonMariner

I said in January that we needed to bring in quality players. Not kids, not has been. How many of  Hurst's signing don't fit into one of those categories?

I also said that  we needed to BUY players. Players that command a fee, That other clubs want. Free signings are free for a reason. We were told money was not an issue. Really?

We could have bought our way out of this mess if we had been prepared to invest in decent players. We didn't. And this is the result.

Now our revenue will be decimated as we exit the EFL. False economy again. Will we never learn?

It's not rocket science.

Dude, there are other things besides money.  How many players are going to look at our position, bottom of the League, and come play for us instead of going with a team in the top 10?  I doubt if any would come play for us, only those who are not wanted by any other club.  So then Sherlock, what ya going to do?

Reply: 92 - 223
March 3, 2021, 10:51am
Guest User
Quoted from DNMariner

'Players that command a fee' probably wouldn't want to risk a permanent deal at a club that will playing non-league next season; they'll either be solid League Two players with better prospects on the table coupled with an acute awareness of how much of a tightrope (one that a relegation could quickly sever) a career at this level is, or they'll be very good National League players who are probably at clubs with ambitions of swapping places with us next season. Anyone else and you're looking at buying kids who aren't getting a look in at clubs in the higher echelons, or who are standout performers in the lower ones - either way, they're still kids.

This, this and forever this.  Open your eyes guys and smell the coffee.

Reply: 93 - 223
March 3, 2021, 10:59am
Guest User
Quoted from arryarryarry

Christ Almighty, my wife could do a better job of picking the team and tactics.

And this is the best that you can come up with?  I think you belong in a kiddies forum.

Reply: 94 - 223
March 3, 2021, 11:01am
Guest User

In any other line of work, if an individual was constantly under performing in their job, they would be sacked, like Managers are, but these incompetent useless bar stewards just turn up for a few hours of 'training' each week, and then fail to perform during the most important 90 minutes of the week, time and time again, and yet they still receive a steady income for doing sodomist all.

So what do we do, sack them all?  Then who do we bring in, there must be 100's of top players wanting to join the team bottom of League2>

Reply: 95 - 223
RonMariner
March 3, 2021, 11:03am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from 123614

Dude, there are other things besides money.  How many players are going to look at our position, bottom of the League, and come play for us instead of going with a team in the top 10?  I doubt if any would come play for us, only those who are not wanted by any other club.  So then Sherlock, what ya going to do?

We weren't bottom when the window opened, Dude.

In the real world money talks. Pay them and they would come. It's also about the plans you can sell them. If a player is offered a couple of hundred a week extra and told that the club is bringing in several quality players they would have come.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 223
March 3, 2021, 11:09am
Guest User
Quoted from RonMariner

We weren't bottom when the window opened, Dude.

In the real world money talks. Pay them and they would come. It's also about the plans you can sell them. If a player is offered a couple of hundred a week extra and told that the club is bringing in several quality players they would have come.

Hahaha, that is so funny!

Reply: 97 - 223
lew chaterleys lover
March 3, 2021, 11:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from RonMariner

I said in January that we needed to bring in quality players. Not kids, not has been. How many of  Hurst's signing don't fit into one of those categories?

I also said that  we needed to BUY players. Players that command a fee, That other clubs want. Free signings are free for a reason. We were told money was not an issue. Really?

We could have bought our way out of this mess if we had been prepared to invest in decent players. We didn't. And this is the result.

Now our revenue will be decimated as we exit the EFL. False economy again. Will we never learn?

It's not rocket science.

This is exactly what should have happened. It was obvious in December what was coming our way unless we were proactive and got some quality in. We didn't need 11, maybe 4 or 5 of better quality and we needed them right at the start of the window.

Some may say they were never going to come, but we had quite a decent story to tell them - the takeover had been agreed, we planned to go places next season, oh and by the way we are going to pay you over the odds if you help keep us up.

We did not do any of that, we waited till most of January had gone to get the dregs and of course we are now paying the ultimate price.

I never expected the above to happen of course; it never does. There is zero urgency or desire at GTFC to save anything, to create anything or to pay anything for anything decent.

Hurst overrated his abilities to save us and to my mind gave up on Holloway's players far too easily - players who earlier in the season were better than the has been he brought in.

One win so far and the performances getting worse. I would sack him and let a combination of Dave Moore and Ben Davies try to salvage something as a last throw of the dice.
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 223
Zmariner
March 3, 2021, 11:28am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
Controversially, I would not pull the trigger yet
That said during this hurst  tenure I have not seen one decent performance and I have seen most of them.
From Saturday he has to take off the shackles and take risks, he is going down regardless and Has conclusively proven that his attempts to tighten things up Have been hopeless.
The team plays like it is terrified, with some justification based on the previous results. Of the new signings ,Adam and the number 10 Have been largely anonymous
Bunny is having a nightmare And Payne Who in fairness plays  in complete isolation nearly always gives the ball away. If I were Hurst I would prefer to go out punching, Hanson seems to improve the team, Waterfall is 100% trier But in all honesty having a poor season. Hewitt is a mystery to me as I am missing what his fans are saying. Hendrie is the better fullback. I would make the team as abrasive as possible, Hanson will be in, Lewis will be in and I would probably include Payne as well
I would go for a brutal Long ball  game
I also noticed that Orient pressed all over the pitch And we do not. Final observation, this team lacks pace badly and so Hurst has made some of his own problems here.
Clearly a terrible time for us But Hurst is fighting for his career as are. A lot of these players
Poss could start as manager next season even if we go down if we are fighting but given his current show they will struggle to give season tickets away with him as manager next season, utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 223
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst Out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.