Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst Out
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 192 Guests

Hurst Out

This thread currently has 29,040 views. Print
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 3, 2021, 8:29am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,192
Gold Stars: 291
Sacking him now would only plunge us further into the (football) crisis we are clearly in. It's very unlikely that a decent manager would want to take us on in our position and so we'd bring in another experiment, bottom of the barrel has-been or cheap last gasp. They'd be stuck with the players we already have and no chance to impact our performance with new players.

I am not optimistic, I think we're going to get relegated but we do have a lot of games left and we are not adrift.

I genuinely think that sacking Hurst would make things worse, not better.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 223
Posh Harry
March 3, 2021, 8:44am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34
Sacking him now would only plunge us further into the (football) crisis we are clearly in. It's very unlikely that a decent manager would want to take us on in our position and so we'd bring in another experiment, bottom of the barrel has-been or cheap last gasp. They'd be stuck with the players we already have and no chance to impact our performance with new players.

I am not optimistic, I think we're going to get relegated but we do have a lot of games left and we are not adrift.

I’m not one for shouting for people to be scared but I’m interested to know how sacking Hurst could actually make things worse?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 223
Hagrid
March 3, 2021, 8:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,388
Gold Stars: 528
Still has my backing. Just

But as i’ve said im really concerned about what on earth we are trying to do and how we are trying to play

Last nights interview- to me at least- showed Hurst has lost a lot of faith in these players already. I accept they were probably 3rd 4th choice on his list, but they just seem to have no fight or pride
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 223
marinerdazza
March 3, 2021, 8:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,780
Gold Stars: 81
G3T bUCklEy InN    
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 223
DB
March 3, 2021, 8:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,971
Gold Stars: 386

An honest post as to why we should keep him which I appreciate. I also thought that he was the right man for the job when appointed, steady the ship get rid of the crap and one or two(even more) decent loans signings etc..

For me it hasn't happened and the excuses/reasons left the pitch last night. Another none performance, basically 3 crap games on the trot and not a whiff of an apology in his post match interview. Their is time, only just to save our bacon but not with Hurst.

I fail to understand how many on this thread keep giving, without an explanation, red cross's to all who criticise Hurst. If you see something in Hurst that others have missed please tell us.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 223
marinerdazza
March 3, 2021, 9:10am
Cocktail Drinker
I agree with BobbyCummingsTackle

The reason for last night's formation as far as I can see is to hold off the opposition until Hanson and the Shop can make a 20 minute cameo at the end and hopefully swing it. The reason for restricting them both to 20 minutes is because we have a thousand games in March and too much on Hanson and he's out. We all know that. And without Hanson we're knackered.

Hurst was brought in two months too late. Holloway should've been sacked after the Dagenham game. The resulting loss of form and drop in league position meant that no one would touch us with a barge pole once Hurst was actually appointed. Jolley had exactly the same problem, but he had better players to work with and a series of "fortunate" penalties and a midfielder with balls of steel who put them all away.

I don't think what we have now is even Hurst's third choice team. He knew he had to do a rebuilding job - everyone agrees with how unbalanced Holloway's team was - but was forced to do it with (in some cases) less than premium materials.

Claiming that we can replaced Hurst with "a conference manager" isn't going to cut it with me. We've had two bargain basement teams in one season and no pre-season for either team to gel.

The blame lies with the years of underfunding and the fatal gamble that the league wouldn't finish. Which can be the only explanation for what can be loosely termed a recruitment policy over the summer.  Possibly the worst decision the current board have ever made and by Christ there's some competition for that accolade.

I don't think any manager will be able to turn this round. The problem is with the quality of the players. I still have the tiniest of hopes, purely down to the games in hand and the games we have left. But you'd need a microscope to see it.

Nevertheless, if we sack him, I think there's a very good chance of us going straight through the National League. We're a crisis club. We need some stability.

For the record, I'm as morbidly depressed as anyone else. And as f**king furious. But make sure you direct that in the right direction.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 223
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 3, 2021, 9:36am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from marinerdazza
I agree with BobbyCummingsTackle

The reason for last night's formation as far as I can see is to hold off the opposition until Hanson and the Shop can make a 20 minute cameo at the end and hopefully swing it. The reason for restricting them both to 20 minutes is because we have a thousand games in March and too much on Hanson and he's out. We all know that. And without Hanson we're knackered

Totally agree, which is why I said a few days ago Hurst’s middle name is pragmatic. Perhaps he should have started with Hanson and LJL who knows, but it was crystal clear what the plan was. He may have been dictated to by the quality of signings he could make in January but that’s no excuse. It is his nature at every club he has managed, he gives the opposition too much respect and takes a defensive frame of mind. But he must try taking risks now. No goals means no wins or even draws. As people have rightly said 1-0 flatters Town. There are no positives from the last two games.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 223
marinerdazza
March 3, 2021, 9:53am
Cocktail Drinker

Totally agree, which is why I said a few days ago Hurst’s middle name is pragmatic. Perhaps he should have started with Hanson and LJL who knows, but it was crystal clear what the plan was. He may have been dictated to by the quality of signings he could make in January but that’s no excuse. It is his nature at every club he has managed, he gives the opposition too much respect and takes a defensive frame of mind. But he must try taking risks now. No goals means no wins or even draws. As people have rightly said 1-0 flatters Town. There are no positives from the last two games.

I don't see why we can't start with LJL and Payne, and then bring Hanson on at 70 to replace whichever one is knackered. It seems pointless exhausting Morais when there isn't anyone to meet his crosses.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 223
diehardmariner
March 3, 2021, 10:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,412
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from Chrisblor
Think the players are escaping too much blame here tbqh. They've all been utterly flipping excrement and are at least as equally as responsible as Hurst, if not more, for our current form.

Spot on!

This works both ways.  Yes, Hurst is to blame for the flipping awful tactics that we've set up with, especially in the last two games.  I'm more angry than anything at the fact that he thinks we can grind out enough 0-0's to survive when we look about as likely to keep a clean sheet as a 14-year-old boy!

But the lack of fight from players in the last few games is dreadful.  I want to see bodies on the line, last night our players were just going through the motions at times.

What does urine me off is that Hurst moaned, or at least alluded to this, in his post-match interview yet did nothing about it until the 66th minute.  Writing was on the wall well before half-time.  Use all 5 subs at the break, make a statement that actually hits home.  Half arsed displays won't be tolerated.  

Players need to be accountable.  Hurst is the only one who can really do that.

For what it's worth...I don't think sacking Hurst is the answer.  I just don't know what the answer is.
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 223
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 3, 2021, 10:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178

Don’t mean to sound pedantic but, how can we get any worse? We’re bottom of the table with only a glimmer of chance of staying up and I think that’s most likely through the NL abandoning their season

We’re right royally fu(ked if you ask me. I don’t blame hurst for it, This season has been ruined by runaway and benign-man trying to make themselves some ££££ instead of concentrating on what they were supposed to be doing. We’re a fu(king laughing stock all the way down the a180 and a16

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 223
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst Out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.