Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst Out
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 133 Guests

Hurst Out

This thread currently has 28,881 views. Print
23 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
March 3, 2021, 9:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,879
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from forza ivano

i think i'm right in saying that he approached the new consortium.

I'd refer you to Ginny's post about the futility of constantly changing managers.
I'd add that the fact that most of us have accepted we will be in the non league desert next season. Therefore you have to ask yourself if there are many better non league managers out there? At least Hurst will have had  5-6 months to get a good idea of what he has and what he will need.
Hurst resigns in May and we will go through the same rigmarole again - new manager appointed takes time to assess his squad and is then playing catch up as he tries to sign players to fill the gaps

Apart from Jolly the last sacking as such was Slade. Jolly was sacked because of the incident with RH. Oloway resigned and others were stand ins so to me we are not constantly changing managers.
Hurst should know now what a crap load of players he has signed so I can't see how another 5/6 months will help after all the loanee's have gone and contracts ended. The core of what will be left are useless, oloway deals.

If Hurst goes in May any new manager will not have a squad, loanee's gone back others at the end of their contract. It doesn't matter which league were in it's a total rebuilding job with nobody to build a new team around.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 223
arryarryarry
March 3, 2021, 10:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from forza ivano

i think i'm right in saying that he approached the new consortium.

I'd refer you to Ginny's post about the futility of constantly changing managers.
I'd add that the fact that most of us have accepted we will be in the non league desert next season. Therefore you have to ask yourself if there are many better non league managers out there? At least Hurst will have had  5-6 months to get a good idea of what he has and what he will need.
Hurst resigns in May and we will go through the same rigmarole again - new manager appointed takes time to assess his squad and is then playing catch up as he tries to sign players to fill the gaps

Whether it's Hurst or another manager surely they are going to assess the squad and have to bring in a load of new players as if we go down the current shower will not get us promoted.

Considering the crap he has already brought in I'm not hopeful of anyone else he will sign.
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 223
RonMariner
March 3, 2021, 11:27pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from arryarryarry

Whether it's Hurst or another manager surely they are going to assess the squad and have to bring in a load of new players as if we go down the current shower will not get us promoted.

Considering the crap he has already brought in I'm not hopeful of anyone else he will sign.

I agree a wholesale change in playing staff is needed, whichever division we are in.

But yet again I have to say that good players cost. We need to invest to progress.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 223
arryarryarry
March 3, 2021, 11:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 123614

And this is the best that you can come up with?  I think you belong in a kiddies forum.

You must be the master of quick wit and repartee.

Actually my wife watches some of the games and she was asking why we seem to be playing with one upfront.

But thanks for the comment sonny.
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 223
ginnywings
March 3, 2021, 11:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from DB

Apart from Jolly the last sacking as such was Slade. Jolly was sacked because of the incident with RH. Oloway resigned and others were stand ins so to me we are not constantly changing managers.
Hurst should know now what a crap load of players he has signed so I can't see how another 5/6 months will help after all the loanee's have gone and contracts ended. The core of what will be left are useless, oloway deals.

If Hurst goes in May any new manager will not have a squad, loanee's gone back others at the end of their contract. It doesn't matter which league were in it's a total rebuilding job with nobody to build a new team around.

Sacked, resigned, walked out. Doesn't really matter what you call their demise, we have had 5 managers and at least 4 caretakers in less than 5 seasons, yet some want us to roll the dice again. It's madness!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 223
Hagrid
March 3, 2021, 11:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 508
Seems to be the same names calling for heads to roll time and time again
Do i get the frustration? Yes. Do i get the anger the hurt? Yes

Changing managers isnt gonna change anything. No manager better than PH will come to this club at this time. Noone. And your deluding yourself if you think otherwise
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 223
Eastendmariner
March 3, 2021, 11:53pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 22
It took 2 seasons for AB to find the right formula but hold on Fenty wasn't at the club ?

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 223
arryarryarry
March 4, 2021, 5:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid
Seems to be the same names calling for heads to roll time and time again
Do i get the frustration? Yes. Do i get the anger the hurt? Yes

Changing managers isnt gonna change anything. No manager better than PH will come to this club at this time. Noone. And your deluding yourself if you think otherwise

We stuck with Neil Woods and look where that got us or have you forgotten those 6 years in the wilderness. If we hadn't got rid of Slade we could have likely already been back in the National League.

As for there are no better managers who will come to this club at this time is balderdash. I am sure there are plenty of out of work managers who couldn't do any worse than we are now and may have known better quality players than Hurst has lumbered us with and may possibly be able to get more out of what we have or who would make better tactical decisions than the "let's wait for the 60th minute before we change the game" plan.

If we stay up please come back and tell me I was wrong, I would be more than happy.

At least I can say I was right about letting Neil Woods anywhere near the first team.
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 223
Jarmo.Is.God
March 4, 2021, 8:24am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
IMO, Hurst took over Shrewsbury with a good enough team, but under performing.
He also took over 2 months before the January window, so he had enough time to evaluate the situation.
He only signed 3 players, and got 5 loans in,

He took over us, with a team that would struggle in non-league to be in the top half.
He took over on the 30th December, 2 months less than Shrewsbury.
He signed 6 players, and got 5 loans in

It's like he's been told to take over a burning building, with a bunch of firefighters that don't know what they are doing.
He isn't magic, and he isn't a genius

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 223
Tommy
March 4, 2021, 8:38am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
IMO, Hurst took over Shrewsbury with a good enough team, but under performing.
He also took over 2 months before the January window, so he had enough time to evaluate the situation.
He only signed 3 players, and got 5 loans in,

He took over us, with a team that would struggle in non-league to be in the top half.
He took over on the 30th December, 2 months less than Shrewsbury.
He signed 6 players, and got 5 loans in

It's like he's been told to take over a burning building, with a bunch of firefighters that don't know what they are doing.
He isn't magic, and he isn't a genius

But in recent weeks he's not telling enough of the firefighters to stand close enough to the fire. He's got most of them stood so far back that the water from their hose doesn't reach the burning building, so they've not got much chance of winning the battle.

Re-arrange/re-position some of the firefighters and we might give ourselves a chance.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 223
23 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst Out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.