Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst Out
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 275 Guests

Hurst Out

This thread currently has 29,044 views. Print
23 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Vance Warner
March 6, 2021, 7:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,780
Gold Stars: 102
Put it this way if we sack him now he’ll be back in the football league before we are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 223
Northbank Mariner
March 6, 2021, 7:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Vance Warner
Put it this way if we sack him now he’ll be back in the football league before we are.

I don't think he will, his stock was low before he joined us and if we sack him it will be through the floor
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 223
essexexile
March 6, 2021, 8:54pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +185
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from It Bites
I have to agree . It's a basket case club that needs a serious reboot

So why is a comment like that in this thread? This ‘basket case club’ is
nothing to do with Paul Hurst he’s the poor sod trying to save it
It’s a basket case club cos of the mismanagement lack of investment over the past 20 years and your misguided remark needs to be redirected, ‘Fenty out’ is where it belongs and just think what £2.5m could have bought us, League 2 footy?
Just shows you where some people’s priorities lay

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 223
HertsGTFC
March 6, 2021, 9:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,883
Gold Stars: 227
Up until today my view was that he’s inherited a sh1t show and doing what he can as there wouldn’t have been too many queuing to join a sinking ship in the transfer window.

I’m not a football manager and in reality know f**k all about formations etc.. but he does seem to be making some odd decisions like today when he sent Bunny on.

I’d like to see him stay and rebuild as experience at that level seems vital and if nothing else because I’m sick of manager change after manager change but I reckon he’ll need a fighting finish to the season to keep his job.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 223
Eastendmariner
March 6, 2021, 9:07pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +940
Gold Stars: 22
The fault lies at the feet of one person for the last 20 years this club was going no where held up with a bamboo stick mentality  in other words no investment, and real intention to do it, No forward thinking , league football on the cheap

I wonder if anyone actually thought we were progress under the current regime ? letting your best players go season season  is a recipe for disaster which is what we are facing now. The only consolation is the new Owners a new Mind Set and a new Vision

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 223
louth_in_the_south
March 6, 2021, 11:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,656
Gold Stars: 94
Hurst didn’t have a lot to do in half a season just to preserve our FL status . He’s completely fooked it up . Fenty is the cancer but the results of the team hurst has assembled have been pathetic . I just pray the new owners have a plan for next season that don’t include hurst or any of the current squad

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 223
DB
March 7, 2021, 6:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,975
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Nearly got the Bradford job and "chose" to come here...I don't think that's right, he applied for that job and didn't get it..we were his second choice, probably only choice imo, just like our squad, second rate players.

Wish we had some second rate players

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 223
RonMariner
March 7, 2021, 9:36pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,542
Gold Stars: 224
Cant argue with what many are saying is where the true fault lays. We are where we are because of Fenty and it was always going to be a struggle to keep us up.

That said, I expected rather more from Hurst. I thought he would shore up the defence and make us hard to beat. I thought we would be clocking up several draws and nicking a few 1-0 wins.

I never imagined he would take us down to the bottom, five points adrift. 4 points from 10 games is just abysmal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 223
Macca_D
March 9, 2021, 2:04pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: -59
Gold Stars: 3
Yup Hurst out!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 223
fishcake63
March 9, 2021, 6:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,235
Gold Stars: 62
We are too easy to score against but it's all round the pitch where we are weak not just defensivly , the wide areas in particular have been weak all season with far too many balls into our box , for me if we lose next two & then at barrow the game is up simple as that , then the new owners have a difficult choice stick or twist , i'v got my own thought's on that let's see how tonight pans out first though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 223
23 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst Out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.