Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst Out
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 205 Guests

Hurst Out

This thread currently has 29,042 views. Print
23 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Tommy
March 3, 2021, 6:12pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from hampshiremariner

I agree with what you have written. I am emotionally drained by GTFC. It has been going on for 15 years now. No progress. We have just gone into a spiral of decline. Always promises but nothing happens. A great club is in the gutter. I keep hoping that we will avoid relegation in the end but, in truth, I have reconciled my mind to it happening.
Whatever Hurst did he was on a loser. I am astonished at those who are laying into him. This situation is ingrained into the heart of the club and has been building up for years and people expect him to rescue it in a matter of weeks.  Get real.
When the new people get to grips with this we can hopefully rebuild. But Hurst should not be the scapegoat for the poor management of others who have been running the club over the last decade and more.
I was shot to pieces by someone for stating this and got a catalogue of Hurst's alleged errors and now, apparently, some want Holloway back.
Don't expect miracles, folks. They rarely happen.

Has anyone said they want Holloway back?

Some have said we are worse now than we were under Holloway, but no-one has said they'd want him back as far as I've seen.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 223
FishOutOfWater
March 3, 2021, 6:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37

I agree with what you have written. I am emotionally drained by GTFC. It has been going on for 15 years now. No progress. We have just gone into a spiral of decline. Always promises but nothing happens. A great club is in the gutter. I keep hoping that we will avoid relegation in the end but, in truth, I have reconciled my mind to it happening.
Whatever Hurst did he was on a loser. I am astonished at those who are laying into him. This situation is ingrained into the heart of the club and has been building up for years and people expect him to rescue it in a matter of weeks.  Get real.
When the new people get to grips with this we can hopefully rebuild. But Hurst should not be the scapegoat for the poor management of others who have been running the club over the last decade and more.
I was shot to pieces by someone for stating this and got a catalogue of Hurst's alleged errors and now, apparently, some want Holloway back.

Well said HM

I hope Hurst doesn't turn in to the fall guy here while those really responsible sneak out the back door, with all the loot
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 121 - 223
barrattstandman
March 3, 2021, 6:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +478
Gold Stars: 17
Just a thought. Who approached Hurst in the first place ?
Does that give you anymore hope for future appointments by the new owners ?  If JF  had been instrumental this time then the fishy would be in meltdown with their abuse of him .
Only time will tell and Hurst is tried and trusted so we thought he would sort it .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 223
arryarryarry
March 3, 2021, 8:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116

Can you point to the posters who suggested they wanted Holloway back so we can laugh at them.
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 223
realist
March 3, 2021, 8:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
I would sooner have Marcus back than the miserable little excrement Hurst.
What is he doing on the training ground? It is possible to get a bunch of really poor players to work effectively together and get results.  Hurst can't.  All we see now is a team set up to play to each player's weaknesses . It is really poor management and coaching and the current team must take the criticism for what is happening now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 223
forza ivano
March 3, 2021, 8:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from barrattstandman
Just a thought. Who approached Hurst in the first place ?
Does that give you anymore hope for future appointments by the new owners ?  If JF  had been instrumental this time then the fishy would be in meltdown with their abuse of him .
Only time will tell and Hurst is tried and trusted so we thought he would sort it .

i think i'm right in saying that he approached the new consortium.

I'd refer you to Ginny's post about the futility of constantly changing managers.
I'd add that the fact that most of us have accepted we will be in the non league desert next season. Therefore you have to ask yourself if there are many better non league managers out there? At least Hurst will have had  5-6 months to get a good idea of what he has and what he will need.
Hurst resigns in May and we will go through the same rigmarole again - new manager appointed takes time to assess his squad and is then playing catch up as he tries to sign players to fill the gaps
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 223
realist
March 3, 2021, 8:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
But Hursts record in non league wasn’t good enough. All those years to get promoted with his negative tactics all the time nearly finished me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 223
Mariner93er
March 3, 2021, 9:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
Holloway may have picked up more points over the same amount of games as Hurst, but there’s no doubt we were nose diving under him. Had he stayed longer, I’d be surprised if our predicament would be any different. Unfortunately hurst hasn’t been able to halt the slide. But let’s not pretend this plummet into the abyss is a one season thing, it’s been happening for far too long. It doesn’t matter who our manager is or which players we bring it, the clubs a poison chalice. A lot needs to change before we’ll become a respectable club again, and most of that is outside of the managers control.

Bloody excrement being a town fan right now, but we can only hope for better days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 223
ginnywings
March 3, 2021, 9:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from realist
But Hursts record in non league wasn’t good enough. All those years to get promoted with his negative tactics all the time nearly finished me.

Good enough to have us in the play offs four seasons running.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 223
realist
March 3, 2021, 9:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
And finishing as losers in most of them. Play offs are worthless unless you win. I can honestly say I would sooner not go to a play off final and come away as a loser again. So much hope shattered by team Hurst
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 223
23 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst Out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.