Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 20 Guests

Coronavirus

This thread currently has 383,749 views. Print
347 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
chipsandgravy
March 13, 2020, 10:23am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Ipswin

I just hope my lifetime  lasts until next winter. I'm 68 with bowel liver and lung cancer and my wife has low immunity due to drugs she has to take for her conditions. Apart from a shopping trip before 8am today while it was quiet we're closing the door and sitting tight. Like Pete I don't want my grand daughters or my son round to see us Trouble is how long does one isolate for? I don't think we are anywhere near the peak so it could be Halloween before it's safe to emerge

I may not always agree with your footballing opinions but I would be very happy to see you safe and sound through this current crisis.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 3468
Hagrid
March 13, 2020, 10:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,387
Gold Stars: 532
Im amazed they havent canceled cheltenham
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 3468
rancido
March 13, 2020, 10:35am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from codcheeky

Pretending the virus is different in the Uk to leaky France Spain Ireland and the rest is crazy, Whoever is in power should be using a wide a field of experts and data to what works as possible. We seem to have a government being too pro active, this is only my opinion. Nothing is definatively right or wrong but most countries are taking swifter and more decisive action.
That the Tories have let waiting lists get to record levels is a fact, That they have cut billions from social care is a fact, that the NHS is already working at capacity, has over 40,000 infilled vacancies and has people on trolleys in corridors is a fact and whatever the mumbling lump of lard in charge says the lack of investment over the last 10 years is coming back to bite us

To use this potential epidemic in the UK to try to score political points against a political party you don't subscribe to is crass at the very least.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 3468
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 13, 2020, 10:40am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from codcheeky

Pretending the virus is different in the Uk to leaky France Spain Ireland and the rest is crazy, Whoever is in power should be using a wide a field of experts and data to what works as possible. We seem to have a government being too pro active, this is only my opinion. Nothing is definatively right or wrong but most countries are taking swifter and more decisive action.
That the Tories have let waiting lists get to record levels is a fact, That they have cut billions from social care is a fact, that the NHS is already working at capacity, has over 40,000 infilled vacancies and has people on trolleys in corridors is a fact and whatever the mumbling lump of lard in charge says the lack of investment over the last 10 years is coming back to bite us

Are you for real or just a troll or can’t you read? Nobody said it was a different virus, simply that the way of dealing with it will vary from country to country and anyone with an iota of common sense would think rightly so. Making cheap political points is just juvenile and helps nobody.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 3468
GrimRob
March 13, 2020, 10:47am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Ipswin

I just hope my lifetime  lasts until next winter. I'm 68 with bowel liver and lung cancer and my wife has low immunity due to drugs she has to take for her conditions. Apart from a shopping trip before 8am today while it was quiet we're closing the door and sitting tight. Like Pete I don't want my grand daughters or my son round to see us Trouble is how long does one isolate for? I don't think we are anywhere near the peak so it could be Halloween before it's safe to emerge

I find it's pointless asking the "how long?" question. I concentrate on the next week (just like football managers!). I know I have to isolate this week, probably next week, but after that is not my concern. The football season will look after itself, and won't start in August if everything is in full swing.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 194 - 3468
Ipswin
March 13, 2020, 11:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from GrimRob

I find it's pointless asking the "how long?" question. I concentrate on the next week (just like football managers!). I know I have to isolate this week, probably next week, but after that is not my concern. The football season will look after itself, and won't start in August if everything is in full swing.

Trouble is Rob I don't see things being any better in two weeks in fact there will be far more folk infected by then so the chances of getting infected will be higher. If anything I suppose its better to do stuff now while (in E Anglia anyway) its not yet that widespread. Just glad I don't have to commute to a large city or use the underground etc.

I'm not that bothered about football matches now or next season but I had one last trip to Amsterdam planned (in June for the Euros) before the EHIC system ends so thats cancelled.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 3468
louth_in_the_south
March 13, 2020, 11:19am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from codcheeky

You D.I.C.K

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 3468
rancido
March 13, 2020, 12:15pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from codcheeky
[quote=2070]

Pretendin

Nothing I have heard or read has implied that this is a different virus but the ways to tackle it differ from country to country. Our Government must be advised by the departments that deal with the health and wellbeing of our people in a situation like this. They are the experts and, along with the WHO, are best placed to advise.
In answer to a previous post of yours on this subject, there isn't a health service in any country on this planet that could 100% deal with a pandemic like this. Here in the UK,with our health care system, we are better placed than most and we have the expetience of other countries response to this virus on how best to tackle it.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 3468
Meza
March 13, 2020, 1:43pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
I went to Italy its a scruffy place and they have a lot of elderly people (2nd highest apparently) hence why they have a thousand deaths UK has just 10 in 12k cases.

China etc everyone has mouth guards.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 3468
Stadium
March 13, 2020, 1:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Meza
I went to Italy its a scruffy place and they have a lot of elderly people (2nd highest apparently) hence why they have a thousand deaths UK has just 10 in 12k cases.

China etc everyone has mouth guards.

Confirmed tests:

Italy 15113 & 1016 deaths.
Uk   798     & 10    deaths.

The estimated cases for the UK is 10.000-not confirmed test results.
The number of unconfirmed cases in Italy who are ahead of ourselves in the spread will be ten of thousands.

China has used very strict quarantine methods which wont be used here or in Europe.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 3468
347 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.