Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

Coronavirus

This thread currently has 384,629 views. Print
347 Pages Prev ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... Next All Recommend Thread
codcheeky
April 9, 2020, 1:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,254
Gold Stars: 31
[quote=166]

Oh well if some obscure Greek head of the A&E department in a region of Greece says our Government and Health advisors have got it wrong then we must have!

I was just pointing out that our policy was a mystery to many in the medical profession overseas, you may think they got it wrong and we are right, but the Greeks were not going to write off their elderly parents, maybe their culture is different they certainly as a rule expect to look after older family members rather than rely on care homes

[/https://www.independent.co.uk/.....update-a9455436.html
Private Message
Reply: 1240 - 3468
Boris Johnson
April 9, 2020, 2:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
So many experts...difficult o know who to believe

Think I will stay at home as best I can....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1241 - 3468
Marinerz93
April 9, 2020, 2:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Boris Johnson
So many experts...difficult o know who to believe

Think I will stay at home as best I can....

Get well soon Boris the country needs you, this is your Churchill moment. Boris Boris Boris, I'll be clapping for your recovery tonight.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1242 - 3468
Manchester Mariner
April 9, 2020, 2:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
God bless the true creatives in these locked down hard times.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 1243 - 3468
gaz57
April 9, 2020, 3:02pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

I've got Ulcerative Colitis, and find my fiancé is constantly telling me about medicine and  how serious it can be!

When it's in remission, or slightly bleeding but no pain, I don't worry, when actually, it can become an issue.
Just easier to try forget about it as much as possible I guess

That's right I've had it so bad that I lost 2 stone and had to be put on steroids to get it under control and often think back to that time to keep focused and appreciate the Nhs for the treatment I get. The one good thing about that really bad time was it happened in the close season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1244 - 3468
Ipswin
April 9, 2020, 3:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Marinerz93

Get well soon Boris the country needs you, this is your Churchill moment..

A bit like February 1915 at Gallipoli, a total member-up you mean

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 1245 - 3468
Marinerz93
April 9, 2020, 4:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Ipswin

A bit like February 1915 at Gallipoli, a total member-up you mean

Always the negative Nelly aren't you, I don't think the fleet hesitating and losing the advantage was part of Churchill's plan nor the lack of troops he got from the War Office, but as the man in charge he took the blame for what he believed would end the war a lot sooner, arrogance probably played a part in that. However he did learn from that and became the leader we needed in our darkest hour.

https://www.history.com/news/winston-churchills-world-war-disaster

The invasion had been scuttled by incompetence and hesitancy by military commanders, but, fairly or unfairly, Churchill was the scapegoat.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1246 - 3468
KingstonMariner
April 9, 2020, 4:07pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Marinerz93

Always the negative Nelly aren't you, I don't think the fleet hesitating and losing the advantage was part of Churchill's plan nor the lack of troops he got from the War Office, but as the man in charge he took the blame for what he believed would end the war a lot sooner, arrogance probably played a part in that. However he did learn from that and became the leader we needed in our darkest hour.

The invasion had been scuttled by incompetence and hesitancy by military commanders, but, fairly or unfairly, Churchill was the scapegoat.

Don’t be forgetting the ‘soft underbelly of Europe’. His finest hour.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1247 - 3468
rancido
April 9, 2020, 5:12pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,631
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from Marinerz93

And if the Government had taken more notice of his warnings about Hitler's expansionist and aggressive plans instead of Chamberlain waving a bit of paper and saying "peace in our time" then World War 2 might have been avoided.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1248 - 3468
rancido
April 9, 2020, 5:21pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,631
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from codcheeky

People don’t want to believe factory farming may be the cause, or that it’s been flagged up as the most likely place for viruses to jump species with viruses and bacteria adapting to the antibiotics they are fed. We like our meat cheap and the industry has a massive lobby

Well the evidence for the emergence of the last three major flu type viruses to emerge from China - Avian Flu, SARS and now coronavirus, all involve practices in animal husbandry and hygiene that wouldn't be tolerated in this country or the EU. For one thing the slaughtering of animals in the UK is strictly controlled and certainly isn't allowed on some stall on a market such as Freeman St or Top Town.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1249 - 3468
347 Pages Prev ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.