Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 9 Guests

Coronavirus

This thread currently has 384,627 views. Print
347 Pages Prev ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
April 8, 2020, 1:06pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,631
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from codcheeky

You are absolutely correct, prevention is better than cure and these wild food markets need closing down, that the Chinese were slow to admit facts is nothing new, all governments do not like admitting they have a problem. You only have to look back at our Governments response to BSE, denied it against the evidence even to the point of the minister of agriculture forcing his daughter to eat a beef burger in front of the cameras to prove something that wasn’t safe was. You are still barred from giving blood in many countries if you are British because of this.
We also have to have a serious look at factory farming, flagged up many times as a potential place for viruses to jump species and use of antibiotics in meat production which are making them ineffectual in treating humans. If we allow this to continue antibiotic resistance is going to make the numbers killed by C-19 pale in comparison

The BSE crisis was identified though and measures put in  place to prevent the original cause from the reoccurring. Suffice to say that the one's of the reasons for using processed animal carcases as the a foods stock wash down to the EU I posing higher tariffs in imported soya, which had been the primary protein food sourced for beefy cattle in the UK.
The use of antibiotics in animal husbandry is very beneficial providing strict controls as to their use are applied. As in antibiotic use in humans, as long as they'are not over used an used correctly then there shouldn't be be a problem problem.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1200 - 3468
Chazzer
April 8, 2020, 1:15pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +90
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Wasn't going to share, but thought it might raise awareness.

I recently spend 3 nights in hospital with suspected coronavirus, but it was negative!

I originally went in with sore throat, and fast heart rate.
They didn't just tell me to self isolate, as my resting heart rate was ranging from 120-150.

From the moment they decided to test me, you get treat like a prisoner, but, for all the right reasons!

No one want's to come into your isolation room.
the nurses/dr's all get fully PPE up just to come in my room for 2 minutes.

They was putting themselves at massive risk (Although it later come back negative, they didn't know at the time) to keep me as comfortable as possible.

I wasn't allowed out my very small room for anything.
No visitors - obviously
no shower, just a towel and a sink
a window that opened about 5 cms up.

BUT, this is all to keep everyone safe, and I am so grateful for everything they did for me.

2 extremely concerning things for me.
1. I spoke to 10+ staff during my stay, none have been tested.
2. Porters. I had an x-ray and CT Scan, and was taken by 2 separate porters.
    None had any PPE, not even a mask, yet they was pushing me, and 30cm's behind me!

the coronavirus ward is full, I was on C6, with other suspected cases.
1 day, I heard Nurses outside my room, saying Room 1 has come back positive, but Room 4 is negative.
So people have confirmed cases, and are not even on the Coronavirus ward as its FULL!!!

Take it serious guys, make sure your friends and family take it serious, as its very real, and its very much here!

Stay safe!

P.S, any questions, please ask

Crikey, you went in there with no virus and could easily have caught it in there!

Smile and give your face a holiday - Jerry Cronin
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1201 - 3468
Ipswin
April 8, 2020, 2:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Chazzer

Yes, those of us with underlying health issues such as diabetes and heart issues are high risk and any contact with someone infected could well be fatal. I have both issues and am scared sh1tless. Won't be going out anywhere soon!

Ditto mate I'm dreading it if they relax the lockdown in any way at all

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 1202 - 3468
golfer
April 8, 2020, 2:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
If it's still out there when the lockdown ends - even if it's 200 miles away- I wont be going anywhere
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1203 - 3468
Chazzer
April 8, 2020, 2:18pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +90
Jesus Christ, 828 dead last 24 hours. no way is it getting any better.

Smile and give your face a holiday - Jerry Cronin
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1204 - 3468
Jarmo.Is.God
April 8, 2020, 2:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Chazzer

Crikey, you went in there with no virus and could easily have caught it in there!

Indeed, and that was scary
But that also put's into perspective how dangerous of a job it is for the nurses etc, who are amazing!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1205 - 3468
gaz57
April 8, 2020, 3:02pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Indeed, and that was scary
But that also put's into perspective how dangerous of a job it is for the nurses etc, who are amazing!

I'm going for my treatment tomorrow ( infusion ) and must admit to being scared , I have no idea if the nurse's have PPE  and advised by the hospital there wasn't enough to go round. I was told to just turn up and carry on as usual. The staff in that department are brilliant but with all the best will in the world no one knows it they carry the virus.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1206 - 3468
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
April 8, 2020, 3:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Chazzer

The vast majority of these deaths will be pre-‘lockdown’ infections. We have not hit the plateau yet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1207 - 3468
LH
April 8, 2020, 3:23pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,582
Gold Stars: 175
Quoted from Chazzer

That’s just in England. 936 in the UK. Think we’ll hit four figures tomorrow and we’ve still got a fortnight at least to go before the numbers properly drop.
Private Message
Reply: 1208 - 3468
codcheeky
April 8, 2020, 3:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,253
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from LH

That’s just in England. 936 in the UK. Think we’ll hit four figures tomorrow and we’ve still got a fortnight at least to go before the numbers properly drop.

And that’s just the ones in hospital, many are dying in care homes, these are not counted. As you say it will be a while yet if Italy and Spain are any sort of guide
Private Message
Reply: 1209 - 3468
347 Pages Prev ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.