Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 5 Guests

Coronavirus

This thread currently has 384,645 views. Print
347 Pages Prev ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... Next All Recommend Thread
golfer
April 8, 2020, 9:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Mourinho held training session for Spurs players -lock the lot up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1190 - 3468
Chazzer
April 8, 2020, 9:36am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +90
Quoted from promotion plaice

Looks like the lockdown is starting to take it's toll.

Keep safe  

Yes, those of us with underlying health issues such as diabetes and heart issues are high risk and any contact with someone infected could well be fatal. I have both issues and am scared sh1tless. Won't be going out anywhere soon!

Smile and give your face a holiday - Jerry Cronin
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1191 - 3468
Stadium
April 8, 2020, 9:36am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1192 - 3468
Jarmo.Is.God
April 8, 2020, 9:38am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Wasn't going to share, but thought it might raise awareness.

I recently spend 3 nights in hospital with suspected coronavirus, but it was negative!

I originally went in with sore throat, and fast heart rate.
They didn't just tell me to self isolate, as my resting heart rate was ranging from 120-150.

From the moment they decided to test me, you get treat like a prisoner, but, for all the right reasons!

No one want's to come into your isolation room.
the nurses/dr's all get fully PPE up just to come in my room for 2 minutes.

They was putting themselves at massive risk (Although it later come back negative, they didn't know at the time) to keep me as comfortable as possible.

I wasn't allowed out my very small room for anything.
No visitors - obviously
no shower, just a towel and a sink
a window that opened about 5 cms up.

BUT, this is all to keep everyone safe, and I am so grateful for everything they did for me.

2 extremely concerning things for me.
1. I spoke to 10+ staff during my stay, none have been tested.
2. Porters. I had an x-ray and CT Scan, and was taken by 2 separate porters.
    None had any PPE, not even a mask, yet they was pushing me, and 30cm's behind me!

the coronavirus ward is full, I was on C6, with other suspected cases.
1 day, I heard Nurses outside my room, saying Room 1 has come back positive, but Room 4 is negative.
So people have confirmed cases, and are not even on the Coronavirus ward as its FULL!!!

Take it serious guys, make sure your friends and family take it serious, as its very real, and its very much here!

Stay safe!

P.S, any questions, please ask
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1193 - 3468
Maringer
April 8, 2020, 9:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,659
Gold Stars: 189
Probably not, Swin. My guess is that there aren't hundreds of scientific research papers and analysis thereof when it comes to thatching in Suffolk. Luckily, there are such things for the Covid-19 outbreak so, with a little bit of knowledge and willingness to read up, it is possible to actually learn stuff. Who'd have thought that might be possible, eh?

In mildly depressing news, none of the antibody tests seem to work nearly accurately enough at present so be of any use:

https://www.ft.com/content/f28e26a0-bf64-4fac-acfb-b3a618ca659d

I've also read elsewhere (don't remember where) that this may be because the immune response of those with mild cases is limited - they throw it off easily so don't generate many antibodies. The tests were developed using patients who had more severe cases requiring hospitalisation and therefore produced a lot of antibodies. Therefore, the tests aren't accurate enough at present.

Whether or not those with mild cases and therefore few antibodies have long term immunity remains to be seen, unfortunately. Yikes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1194 - 3468
codcheeky
April 8, 2020, 10:38am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,260
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Stadium

Seems a pretty accurate account of what has gone on by an internationally trusted agency, why people would Red Cross this is a mystery. Not liking the facts seems inconvenient to many to the point they cannot process them
Private Message
Reply: 1195 - 3468
rancido
April 8, 2020, 11:08am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,641
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from codcheeky

Seems a pretty accurate of what has gone on, why people would Red Cross this is a mystery. Not liking the facts seems inconvenient to many to the point they cannot process them

The fact remains that China kept so much information about this virus under wraps until it had already spread to other countries. The "wet markets", where this virus mutated and crossed to humans, have already opened again in Huwan! These markets and conditions are more  comparable to markets in the UK in Elizabethan times and have no place in a modern world. The fact that various species of animals are slaughtered and butchered under no hygienic controls is completely unacceptable. There is an almost certainty that another similar virus will develop next week, next month or next year. The West's experience from this coronavirus virus outbreak will mean we are better prepared but surely eliminating the conditions that cause these cross mutations is an absolute must. Prevention is better than cure and in this case a priority. It is reckoned that it  could take up to a year to develop a vaccine for this particular strain. But if we get another virus that the vaccine is ineffective against then that is another year of chaos, unnecessary deaths and another global financial meltdown.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1196 - 3468
Stadium
April 8, 2020, 11:30am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky

Seems a pretty accurate of what has gone on, why people would Red Cross this is a mystery. Not liking the facts seems inconvenient to many to the point they cannot process them

Interesting isn't it and gives a insight to certain people's view on this.
No doubt there will be a repose but with no actual facts.
Ha and there it is.
^^^

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1197 - 3468
Stadium
April 8, 2020, 11:38am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Wasn't going to share, but thought it might raise awareness.

I recently spend 3 nights in hospital with suspected coronavirus, but it was negative!

I originally went in with sore throat, and fast heart rate.
They didn't just tell me to self isolate, as my resting heart rate was ranging from 120-150.

From the moment they decided to test me, you get treat like a prisoner, but, for all the right reasons!

No one want's to come into your isolation room.
the nurses/dr's all get fully PPE up just to come in my room for 2 minutes.

They was putting themselves at massive risk (Although it later come back negative, they didn't know at the time) to keep me as comfortable as possible.

I wasn't allowed out my very small room for anything.
No visitors - obviously
no shower, just a towel and a sink
a window that opened about 5 cms up.

BUT, this is all to keep everyone safe, and I am so grateful for everything they did for me.

2 extremely concerning things for me.
1. I spoke to 10+ staff during my stay, none have been tested.
2. Porters. I had an x-ray and CT Scan, and was taken by 2 separate porters.
    None had any PPE, not even a mask, yet they was pushing me, and 30cm's behind me!

the coronavirus ward is full, I was on C6, with other suspected cases.
1 day, I heard Nurses outside my room, saying Room 1 has come back positive, but Room 4 is negative.
So people have confirmed cases, and are not even on the Coronavirus ward as its FULL!!!

Take it serious guys, make sure your friends and family take it serious, as its very real, and its very much here!

Stay safe!

P.S, any questions, please ask

Thanks for the insight on the actual process & I'm glad your outcome was negative.
Good to hear PPE provided for the healthcare staff but  concerning
a) support staff,ie porters,no doubt cleaners (outsourced) short of protection.

Surely this could be a situation where reaching out to local business/industry would be beneficial.

b) the absolute disgrace of lack of testing for staff.

Once again appreciate the information.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1198 - 3468
codcheeky
April 8, 2020, 11:53am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,260
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from rancido

The fact remains that China kept so much information about this virus under wraps until it had already spread to other countries. The "wet markets", where this virus mutated and crossed to humans, have already opened again in Huwan! These markets and conditions are more  comparable to markets in the UK in Elizabethan times and have no place in a modern world. The fact that various species of animals are slaughtered and butchered under no hygienic controls is completely unacceptable. There is an almost certainty that another similar virus will develop next week, next month or next year. The West's experience from this coronavirus virus outbreak will mean we are better prepared but surely eliminating the conditions that cause these cross mutations is an absolute must. Prevention is better than cure and in this case a priority. It is reckoned that it  could take up to a year to develop a vaccine for this particular strain. But if we get another virus that the vaccine is ineffective against then that is another year of chaos, unnecessary deaths and another global financial meltdown.

You are absolutely correct, prevention is better than cure and these wild food markets need closing down, that the Chinese were slow to admit facts is nothing new, all governments do not like admitting they have a problem. You only have to look back at our Governments response to BSE, denied it against the evidence even to the point of the minister of agriculture forcing his daughter to eat a beef burger in front of the cameras to prove something that wasn’t safe was. You are still barred from giving blood in many countries if you are British because of this.
We also have to have a serious look at factory farming, flagged up many times as a potential place for viruses to jump species and use of antibiotics in meat production which are making them ineffectual in treating humans. If we allow this to continue antibiotic resistance is going to make the numbers killed by C-19 pale in comparison
Private Message
Reply: 1199 - 3468
347 Pages Prev ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.